Forums
April 24, 2024, 01:14 AM

Author Topic: Crates and weapons delay  (Read 8341 times)

Offline The Extremist

Re: Crates and weapons delay
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 12:56 AM »
Trying to get it ready soon. But can't be more specific than that.

Over 4 months later... -_-

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 08:21 AM »
Has the update been cancelled?

Offline StepS

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 08:25 PM »
no
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 04:17 AM »
no

Then the powers that be, unpaid volunteers or not, should stop being like 343 Industries, and put out a detailed development plan/progress report.

Offline avirex

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 08:14 PM »
this is nothing more then a hobby for them, regardless if the career they are in matches this hobby or not. (im not sure if it does or not)

whats your hobby? playing the guitar? can you put out a detailed development plan/progress report on when your going to learn to play each and every song on a Jimmy Hendrix CD, and then stick to that plan faithfully? of course not, its just a hobby.

appreciate they put their time into it, dont be bossy ;p

Offline style

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 10:10 PM »
this is nothing more then a hobby for them, regardless if the career they are in matches this hobby or not. (im not sure if it does or not)

whats your hobby? playing the guitar? can you put out a detailed development plan/progress report on when your going to learn to play each and every song on a Jimmy Hendrix CD, and then stick to that plan faithfully? of course not, its just a hobby.

appreciate they put their time into it, dont be bossy ;p

Man of words!

Reg.
stylez

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 05:10 AM »
I make no distinction between employee and hobbyist. If someone says they're going to do something for somebody else, they should do it, and if there's a delay, the delay should be explained. If not, they should be called out on it.

Offline avirex

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 02:30 PM »
i suppose i can respect that view on things...

but, they have been doing it... they do generally explain when there is a delay, etc.

they have a visual graph on one website (i dont know the link) that shows their progress.

also remember, they have been putting out updates leading up to 4.0 almost every year, for the past several years.

you also have to keep in mind TUS is not the designated forum for DC and CS to discuss updates, they dont really have much ties to TUS, or any obligation to inform TUS members of their progress, maybe someone else can link you to the websites with more update information and that graph i mentioned, but i do not know the links.

Offline nino

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 02:51 PM »
AND DONT BE BOSSY, PUTO!!!  :D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 10:14 PM »
Truly, DC/CS have done a fantastic job maintaining this game, but it's been SO long since the last update, with little to no explanation, and the crap that's been going on these days with games from big companies (see below) has made me want to see small developers/maintainers set a good example even more.

http://teambeyond.net/halo-the-master-chief-collection-six-months-later/

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 05:09 AM »
Sorry about the long delay. I haven't worked on W:A for two months, but let me please make it clear, the update is NOT canceled! The next round of work I put into it will probably continue until I've done all that's needed to get it ready for release. Not sure when exactly that'll be but it shouldn't be much longer.

Offline nino

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Sorry about the long delay. I haven't worked on W:A for two months, but let me please make it clear, the update is NOT canceled! The next round of work I put into it will probably continue until I've done all that's needed to get it ready for release. Not sure when exactly that'll be but it shouldn't be much longer.

Thats acctually nice news indeed, ty ae Deadcode!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 10:00 AM »

There...was that so hard? 8)

I'm really lookin' forward to this one! :)

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 09:47 AM »
Is the absolute bare minimum, that being a monthly statement of "progress made" or "no progress made" REALLY too much to ask for???

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2015, 11:45 PM »
Then the powers that be, unpaid volunteers or not, should stop being like 343 Industries, and put out a detailed development plan/progress report.
Don't know where you got this sense of entitlement, but its entirely unwarranted.

I make no distinction between employee and hobbyist. If someone says they're going to do something for somebody else, they should do it, and if there's a delay, the delay should be explained. If not, they should be called out on it.
Why does everyone need to be held accountable, again, in your world of entitlement?

Just because you refuse to make this distinction which represents the social norm, does not mean the distinction doesn't exist, just that you are oblivious.

Truly, DC/CS have done a fantastic job maintaining this game, but it's been SO long since the last update, with little to no explanation, and the crap that's been going on these days with games from big companies (see below) has made me want to see small developers/maintainers set a good example even more.

http://teambeyond.net/halo-the-master-chief-collection-six-months-later/
You are making the mistake of comparing a developer/maintainer with a 2 man skeleton crew on a almost 17 year old game.

Is the absolute bare minimum, that being a monthly statement of "progress made" or "no progress made" REALLY too much to ask for???

He just said progress is continually being made, so if you haven't heard anything, imagine it being posted again, only just last week.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:52 PM by TheWalrus »