Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:03 PM

Author Topic: Crates and weapons delay  (Read 8277 times)

Offline The Extremist

Re: Crates and weapons delay
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2015, 09:33 AM »
He just said progress is continually being made, so if you haven't heard anything, imagine it being posted again, only just last week.

Huh?

DC's last post in this thread stated:

I haven't worked on W:A for two months...The next round of work I put into it...Not sure when exactly that'll be

Doesn't sound like proof of progress to me.

If you don't like me comparing WA's volunteers to paid developers, then how about other volunteers?

MarathonMan, who develops the CEN64 emulator in his spare time, is never unseen for more than a few weeks, and always explains his progress or lack thereof.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:38 AM by The Extremist »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2015, 10:33 AM »
If you don't like me comparing WA's volunteers to paid developers, then how about other volunteers?

MarathonMan, who develops the CEN64 emulator in his spare time, is never unseen for more than a few weeks, and always explains his progress or lack thereof.
Consider him the exception then, rather than the rule.  Just because he does things in his way does not make him the standard bearer for any project of similar scope.

If the person in question is paid, then sure, some accountability comes with the responsibility in that case, and I would agree with you.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 10:38 AM »
are u writing from jail? how did u get internet and pc from there oO

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 01:10 AM »
Sorry about the long delay. I haven't worked on W:A for two months, but let me please make it clear, the update is NOT canceled! The next round of work I put into it will probably continue until I've done all that's needed to get it ready for release. Not sure when exactly that'll be but it shouldn't be much longer.

It has now been 4 years since the last update. Can't we at least get a hotfix for the gravestone selection bug and finally call it a day?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 03:10 PM »
Hi all
Let's say I set Minigun delay to 5 turn, and the Minigun crates to 5

If a crate fall before five turns containing the Minigun, I will be able to use it anyway
Am I doing something wrong or what?

If you collect Minigun on 1st round, it will have no delay. But when a next round occurs and you keep the minigun (in any quantity btw) it will have delay

While it's true that you wouldn't be able to use an infinitely delayed weapon even if you collected it in a crate, the game disallows delayed weapons from falling in crates. The only way to collect one would be to collect a Crate Shower crate first.

What about Rubber Worm crate rate?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 03:15 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 04:55 PM »
> the game disallows delayed weapons from falling in crates
I wish this was true for RubberWorm's spawn-multiple-crates-between-turns mode. Despite Donkey being delayed forever in the Kaos scheme, it still shows up in crates sometimes. That's about as useless as a Suicide Bomber crate.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 09:34 AM »
I want to make it absolutely known that I am very grateful for everything DC & CS have done over the years. But even so, I feel I have to call them out on this situation.

It has been over four years since the last game update. The game is still being played, WormNET is still up and being maintained, and there are still some bugs. The maintainers know about these bugs.

Nearly three years ago, Deadcode said an update with 19 logic fixes was in development, and would be ready "soon". Eight months later, in May 2015, he said it "shouldn't be much longer". This was the last time anything was said about the progress of the update.

I am not calling DC & CS lazy or anything like that. There could be several good reasons for the next update taking so long. A hard to track down bug, a fix breaking something else, serious personal problems. The issue is that WE DON"T KNOW.

Deadcode was last active on TUS in May, and last posted in February. CyberShadow is very active, consistently replying to requests for help in Tech Support. In the two year period since the last update on progress, unless Team17 has DC & CS under a super strong NDA where they can't even say that they can't say anything, I have seen nothing preventing either of them from taking literally 1 minute to say either "progress still being made, update will come out eventually", "update stalled, future unclear", or "update cancelled, sorry".

I am not asking too much. In fact, I am asking for next to nothing. Yet, as I have been previously in this thread, I fully expect to be harangued again for not treating DC & CS like gods who can do no wrong, just because they're volunteers. It is not written anywhere that volunteers can not be called out for a lack of communication or not be compared to other volunteers in similar situations that communicate much better (see my prior post about MarathonMan, who continues to consistently update about his slow progress).

This will be the last time I bring this up, so at least you can't accuse me of not shutting up about this matter...

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 01:57 PM »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Korydex

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Extremist, what for do u need the update?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2017, 06:24 PM »
Bit harsh from korydex, but made a point. You're never online, Extremist. Don't say it's cause of the bugs involving W:A. Because it's not. Would be nice to know about the progress of 4.0, for sure.. But they don't owe it to anyone here, especially not to inactive players.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:26 PM by Sensei »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 08:37 PM »
Would be nice to know about the progress of 4.0
www.wormsng.com

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 10:54 PM »
I am not asking too much. In fact, I am asking for next to nothing. Yet, as I have been previously in this thread, I fully expect to be harangued again for not treating DC & CS like gods who can do no wrong, just because they're volunteers. It is not written anywhere that volunteers can not be called out for a lack of communication or not be compared to other volunteers in similar situations that communicate much better (see my prior post about MarathonMan, who continues to consistently update about his slow progress).

Hi,

The state of the update is essentially "when it's ready" taken too far. Almost everyone involved with the updates one way or another agrees that it should have been released a long time ago. It has been very demotivating for me as well to have my work from many years ago to still not have seen the light of day.

This is why we agreed that Worms Armageddon v3.8 will be released not later than December 31, 2017 (plus however long Team17's release process takes), ready or not. Unfinished features will be cut, buggy or insufficiently tested changes reverted. There are already many good changes queued to make a great update. I will do my best to ensure this happens personally.

Offline GreeN

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 09:56 AM »
hype!

Offline Masta

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 11:04 AM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:39 PM by Masta »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 11:15 AM »
The freezing rope bug is especially annoying in Big Rope Race.

Oh. This happens quite a lot. At least once per 2-3 games.
Never thought it as a bug tho, just bad timing. :/

EDIT: But it also have positive effect. If roof is on lower height, sometimes you'll exploit it on purpose for faster momentum.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:19 AM by Sensei »