Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:12 AM

Author Topic: Current status of the League  (Read 17766 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Current status of the League
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Maybe we shouldn't have split Classic league, because it might be your problem.

Well, we haven't yet... Surprisingly enough I don't really see many people opposing this, definitely not as many as I thought would, so it seems the idea of going back to 3 simple schemes is pretty good, vastly acceptable at least :)

I'd also blame the lack of updates, as we haven't had an update in FIVE AND A HALF YEARS! 3.8

Well, I don't want to blame the lack of updates, while the updates will indeed give us more useful and interesting features, what we have already is good enough, we just want more players, the update would help a little I guess, especially if we had real-time games.

It's not like Worms Armageddon was ever the most popular game in the world to begin with, I think we still have a fairly healthy playerbase considering how old it is, just a lack of official ranked games, and less players who enjoy more hardcore schemes.

Even though I don't enjoy playing Mole, I actually enjoy watching it, I actually prefer organizing things more than being a player these days so I don't care what the community wants, if we can have an active community, would be fun to organize stuff, Tournaments and do streaming etc.

And the truth is HHC, newer players are just far less skilled overall because they tend to stick to 1-2 schemes, yeah these guys are good at Mole, what else can they do lol?

Offline sock

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2018, 09:12 PM »
Maybe we shouldn't have split Classic league, because it might be your problem.

Well, we haven't yet... Surprisingly enough I don't really see many people opposing this, definitely not as many as I thought would, so it seems the idea of going back to 3 simple schemes is pretty good, vastly acceptable at least :)

I'd also blame the lack of updates, as we haven't had an update in FIVE AND A HALF YEARS! 3.8

Well, I don't want to blame the lack of updates, while the updates will indeed give us more useful and interesting features, what we have already is good enough, we just want more players, the update would help a little I guess, especially if we had real-time games.

It's not like Worms Armageddon was ever the most popular game in the world to begin with, I think we still have a fairly healthy playerbase considering how old it is, just a lack of official ranked games, and less players who enjoy more hardcore schemes.

Even though I don't enjoy playing Mole, I actually enjoy watching it, I actually prefer organizing things more than being a player these days so I don't care what the community wants, if we can have an active community, would be fun to organize stuff, Tournaments and do streaming etc.

And the truth is HHC, newer players are just far less skilled overall because they tend to stick to 1-2 schemes, yeah these guys are good at Mole, what else can they do lol?
I oppose splitting it

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2018, 09:18 PM »
I oppose splitting it

If the choice is between having 8 schemes, nobody to play, or 3 schemes, and more people to play, what would you choose?

Offline sock

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2018, 09:52 PM »
I oppose splitting it

If the choice is between having 8 schemes, nobody to play, or 3 schemes, and more people to play, what would you choose?
Leaving the 8 schemes right where they are. If people don't want to play those schemes they don't have to.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2018, 10:54 PM »
I find ita little frustrating you would rather have an empty dying league, than a more active league, if given the choice...

But fair enough :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2018, 12:36 AM »
You seem really confident that sock is thinking it wrong. It's not hard to predict league will be more active with 3 schemes. Cause activity is below zero atm.

Although, you were one of the loudest members when it came to TUS stats reset and splitting classic into rope/default. That was quite a change, but it lead nowhere. Might've even pushed community few steps backwards. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Changing league's interface is not priority, changing way of interacting with newcomers and getting ppl interested in W:A alone - is!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2018, 01:29 AM »
Well oldsock isn't wrong, I just find it odd someone would choose this level of activity over less schemes more activity, that's if it worked lol.

Offline sock

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2018, 01:54 AM »
I find ita little frustrating you would rather have an empty dying league, than a more active league, if given the choice...

But fair enough :)
I never said i want a empty dying league.

Offline sock

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2018, 01:55 AM »
Well oldsock isn't wrong, I just find it odd someone would choose this level of activity over less schemes more activity, that's if it worked lol.
I never chose this level of activity. I would much rather have a lot more activity.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2018, 05:27 AM »
I don't understand the obsession with 3 schemes. Even more specifically role, strategic, artillery? That's nonsense and arbitrary.
If you want activity then let's go with Mole Shopper, Intermediate, aerial.

Activity is low here because the game is old (which we can't help) and we as a community are turning into jerks.

Offline sock

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2018, 05:43 AM »
I don't understand the obsession with 3 schemes. Even more specifically role, strategic, artillery? That's nonsense and arbitrary.
If you want activity then let's go with Mole Shopper, Intermediate, aerial.

Activity is low here because the game is old (which we can't help) and we as a community are turning into jerks.
You can't speak for anyone individual let alone an entire community. I don't view myself as a jerk.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Well it's just a suggestion it's not an obsession Ryan.

I just remember the days of 3 schemes in WACL and it was pretty awesome.

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2018, 06:41 AM »
Anyone know who is this guy?

Russian revelation of Doubletime?

Im in with elite, hyst and big rr
If they get rid of roper, ttrr, bng, and wxw. I would be sad.

Well i wouldnt be happy either about roper and ttrr.  But im not happy with current status of the league either. Not sure if i would become very active if league was active though. Tight big rr maps are good enough to replace ttrr imo.
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline sock

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Well it's just a suggestion it's not an obsession Ryan.

I just remember the days of 3 schemes in WACL and it was pretty awesome.
What were those three schemes? roper, elite, and t17?

Offline sock

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Anyone know who is this guy?

Russian revelation of Doubletime?

Im in with elite, hyst and big rr
If they get rid of roper, ttrr, bng, and wxw. I would be sad.

Well i wouldnt be happy either about roper and ttrr.  But im not happy with current status of the league either. Not sure if i would become very active if league was active though. Tight big rr maps are good enough to replace ttrr imo.
Why would you want to replace ttrr, Tight big rr maps are fun also.