Forums
April 24, 2024, 07:08 PM

Author Topic: Current status of the League  (Read 17894 times)

Re: Current status of the League
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Just because ttrr is imposible scheme for new players for way too long time. Its definitely the hardest scheme to be good enough to enjoy it.
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2018, 07:55 AM »
No sock, i think we will keep other schemes in their actual league, we're not going to shut them downn

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2018, 11:07 AM »
it is time to change the socks and go on

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Just because ttrr is imposible scheme for new players for way too long time. Its definitely the hardest scheme to be good enough to enjoy it.

NOPE! TTRR is not and never will be enjoyable scheme. TTRR is the cheating game by using multiple spaces that helps you to avoid failing.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2018, 01:09 PM »
TTRR is the cheating game by using multiple spaces that helps you to avoid failing.

If you are about to fail in ttrr, nothing can save you ;)

Offline Senator

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Even more specifically rope, strategic, artillery? That's nonsense and arbitrary.

Why? Most schemes can be categorized easily into rope, strategic or artillery. You can be great at Intermediate but totally suck at BnG. If you master them both, you are more of an allrounder than someone who can only rope (there's a difference between Roper and TTRR but not that big). FB and leagues before that used to have a balance between those 3 or at least more of strategic and artillery schemes together than rope. It turned around when WxW was introduced and Pro, Fort etc were excluded. From WACL rules: "Each of the three games played will be, one rope, one bng and one default. No exceptions. Any clan playing 2 ropes, etc., loses." From WL rules: "A playoffs match consists of 3 games: one rope, one bng and one pro/default."

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Tight big rr maps are good enough to replace ttrr imo.

Noooooo! Tightness in Big RR ruins the whole f**king flow and dynamic of Big RR! They should be abolished!

Keep tight maps to TTRR, where that specific group of people can have their own enjoyment without affecting people who enjoy actual fast roping on a normal map.

(Lmao i'm a dumbass who read it the wrong way round, ignore me please Camelo :D )

What were those three schemes? roper, elite, and t17?

BnG, Elite and Roper. (But after reading Senators last post I may be wrong, was it really 1 rope 1 bng 1 default? Was default either Elite or Intermediate? I honestly thought it was the 3 I mentioned...)

Maybe i'm alone in this but I don't see TTRR as any harder to learn than anything else, it's just different, if I had spent 18 years playing TTRR instead of Roper etc, i'd be better at that than the other way around.

But I can't, because to me playing it is so f**king slow and fidgity/boring compared to Big RR where worms fly fast as hell doing cool moves at full speed...

It has nothing to do with skill, I enjoy watching the best players doing TTRR, because it's still nice to watch when you have 2 very good players battling each other who will win etc, but playing it has never been exciting to me, ever...

Annnnnnd don't need to answer Ryan again as Senator did :)

Offline sock

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2018, 03:09 PM »
A lot of young players get good at ttrr pretty fast.

Offline sock

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2018, 03:10 PM »
No sock, i think we will keep other schemes in their actual league, we're not going to shut them downn
Cool :)

Offline sock

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2018, 03:10 PM »
it is time to change the socks and go on
Brilliant comment

Offline lalo

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2018, 06:46 PM »
Tight big rr maps are good enough to replace ttrr imo.

Noooooo! Tightness in Big RR ruins the whole f**king flow and dynamic of Big RR! They should be abolished!

Keep tight maps to TTRR, where that specific group of people can have their own enjoyment without affecting people who enjoy actual fast roping on a normal map.

(Lmao i'm a dumbass who read it the wrong way round, ignore me please Camelo :D )

What were those three schemes? roper, elite, and t17?

BnG, Elite and Roper. (But after reading Senators last post I may be wrong, was it really 1 rope 1 bng 1 default? Was default either Elite or Intermediate? I honestly thought it was the 3 I mentioned...)

Maybe i'm alone in this but I don't see TTRR as any harder to learn than anything else, it's just different...

TTRR is definitely the hardest amongst ropes. You might see good players in wxw or roper getting beaten time and time again in TTRR.
The knowledge and skills you get there can be applied easily in other rope games, giving you a huge handicap. However, will you stand a chance if you only devote yourself to big rr or roper? Nope

Anyways, I doubt any change will result in a positive outcome. New players do not enjoy competition, they are to used to play casually because nobody can show them otherwise. We all work and have busy life, nothing will change unless T17 releases a decent worms game.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:50 PM by lalo »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2018, 06:51 PM »
You can also see good players in TTRR get beat time and time again in Rope if they don't play Rope often.

But it all depends on the player, do they practise both, or just 1 or the other?

I still stand by what I said, if you focus on either one, you will get really good at it, don't you agree?

Offline lalo

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Lol Roper is mostly luck with even players.

And yeah if you focus on any scheme you will get good.
1 day for granny shopper.
1 year for roper.
2 years for evil wxw maps.
3 years ttrr  :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2018, 07:04 PM »
1 day for granny shopper.
1 year for roper.
2 years for evil wxw maps.
3 years ttrr  :D

Nah, realistically, i'd say 1-2 years for all of them, but picking that 1, and only that one, and constantly playing with the best.

And i'd say that for someone with no Worms experience at all.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2018, 08:42 AM »
It takes longer to get "good" at certain schemes, I would say that is obvious.

To increase activity given our constraints we should either have the most popular schemes or easier to learn.

I don't think we should be worrying about the balance of the schemes, we are beyond that.