Forums
April 20, 2024, 06:55 AM

Author Topic: Current status of the League  (Read 17794 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Current status of the League
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2018, 05:16 PM »
As far as Masta goes, I'm not trying to throw any shade but meh. I don't care about offline challenges. If you're not actively on WormNET owning people in multiplayer on at least a semi-regular basis, I couldn't give a crap about any accomplishments you may have. I haven't seen Masta on WormNET in at least 2 years, except for one possible time in which I am fairly sure I played vs. him in Big RR using an alias, but it's entirely possible that I could be wrong. Masta's 'legendary' status comes from offline challenges and nothing else. (In other words, replaying the same map a hundred times until you get a perfect run.) I'm seriously not trying to sound like a hater here, I'm just speaking how I feel.
You are wrong, masta is the best overall roper in the game and has been for some time, we played plenty over the past few years when i was still active.  Pretty sure hes bored of owning the noobs that play nowadays, so offline challenges present an actual test to push his roping.  Maybe since we didn't get daina-zalo, we can have masta-skunk3 instead?

Offline sock

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2018, 08:04 PM »
As far as Masta goes, I'm not trying to throw any shade but meh. I don't care about offline challenges. If you're not actively on WormNET owning people in multiplayer on at least a semi-regular basis, I couldn't give a crap about any accomplishments you may have. I haven't seen Masta on WormNET in at least 2 years, except for one possible time in which I am fairly sure I played vs. him in Big RR using an alias, but it's entirely possible that I could be wrong. Masta's 'legendary' status comes from offline challenges and nothing else. (In other words, replaying the same map a hundred times until you get a perfect run.) I'm seriously not trying to sound like a hater here, I'm just speaking how I feel.
You are wrong, masta is the best overall roper in the game and has been for some time, we played plenty over the past few years when i was still active.  Pretty sure hes bored of owning the noobs that play nowadays, so offline challenges present an actual test to push his roping.  Maybe since we didn't get daina-zalo, we can have masta-skunk3 instead?
You got to be in the top 20 ropers to say he is the best overall roper, top 30-40 at least.

Offline sock

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2018, 08:12 PM »
Can we have masta-skun3 instead? are you that bored? masta would destroy skunk3, wouldn't even be fun to watch.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2018, 08:16 PM »
Can we have masta-skun3 instead? are you that bored? masta would destroy skunk3, wouldn't even be fun to watch.
it follows the same formula [ competent challenger ] - [ player who's skill level is less than they believe ]

Offline sock

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2018, 08:18 PM »
it follows the same formula [ competent challenger ] - [ player who's skill level is less than they believe ]
I just don't any more hype and not show up, cause you know that's whats going to happen.

Offline sock

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2018, 08:27 PM »
If this challenge does happen, I bet boardwalk and park place on masta! ;)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Getting money challenges streamed would be a good way to entertain everyone.
Probably sustainable if it was done every week...

Offline sock

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Challengers would have put up at least 100 bucks for me to watch it. Just saying.

Offline sock

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2018, 08:43 PM »
Doubt this will happen.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Dave take a look at the best records in some of the most popular challenges, people go full speed with extreme accuracy pushing it to the limit.

I keep up to date with challenges, hence why I am saying this ;)

Sorry but i'm with skunk on this one, if you are already good at TTRR, and doing the same map for a whole week, it's not as impressive as winning actual games, in my opinion.

There is next to no pressure when you have all that time to sit and focus, alone, without distraction.

It still looks cool though, but i've never saw anyone go full speed in a TTRR, I mean the league style TTRR games, ever, well, without falling anyway :D

The only full speed I saw in TTRR is on challenges, on the smaller, more open maps.

Edit - Missed Senators reply:

I think you are alone with this view. It's easier to keep the worm on the track on a wide map even if the pace is faster.

Then howcome players of any skill level fall on both schemes, the best players in TTRR hardly fall, the best players in Big RR hardly fall.

If you try to go as fast as humanly possible in TTRR you will fall, in Big RR, you will fall, and I mean throwing your worm and bouncing as hard/fast as possible.

Try and prove me wrong :)

Offline sock

« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2018, 09:10 PM »
Dave take a look at the best records in some of the most popular challenges, people go full speed with extreme accuracy pushing it to the limit.

I keep up to date with challenges, hence why I am saying this ;)

Sorry but i'm with skunk on this one, if you are already good at TTRR, and doing the same map for a whole week, it's not as impressive as winning actual games, in my opinion.

There is next to no pressure when you have all that time to sit and focus, alone, without distraction.

It still looks cool though, but i've never saw anyone go full speed in a TTRR, I mean the league style TTRR games, ever, well, without falling anyway :D

The only full speed I saw in TTRR is on challenges, on the smaller, more open maps.
Lots of ttrr players play different maps that they don't practice week after week, challenges are just for fun m8.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2018, 09:14 PM »
hey Gabriel.
lets play !

Offline lalo

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2018, 09:20 PM »
Apart from Masta, who are these Big RR pro players? Sorry for my ignorance, I have not followed the Big RR scene.

Offline sock

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2018, 09:28 PM »
Apart from Masta, who are these Big RR pro players? Sorry for my ignorance, I have not followed the Big RR scene.
I've heard a lot about fast players in Big RR, not sure who is pro though apart from Masta.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Stop talking about it and start playing it!