Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:50 PM

Author Topic: Current status of the League  (Read 17449 times)

Offline skunk3

Re: Current status of the League
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2018, 02:23 AM »
what I can say with 100% honesty is that I actively play W:A and I play a shitload of Big RR and there's only a handful of people who can rival me when I am warmed up. I'd say that most of my Big RR losses in the last year or so have come from Dibz, and like 90%+ of those games are literally my first game of the day.

I'll gladly take on anyone in Big RR any time.

I'll be honest and say I never thought of you as more than a mediocre roper.
Would be fun to see how you cope with guys such as: SiD, Masta, saltyk9, TheWalrus.. There are also bunch of less known ropers around. Shtaket being one of them. Sock is not that familiar or in love with the scheme, but he seems pretty fired up for some battles.

Anyway, I think your statement of being in the tippity top of Big RR community is a bit exaggarated. But respect your decision to play anyone who challenges you. At least you're sticking with your word.

If this is gonna be next big thing, I can stream so more ppl can watch live. Gl

Why don't you ask any of those players yourself, aside from Masta who doesn't even play anymore? They will all tell you that I wreck shop in Big RR.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2018, 02:33 AM »
That's the problem m8. We heard it only from you :D

Will also join the train and jump in this challenge.
4:30 am now, but any of next few days fine for me.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2018, 03:24 AM »
Well, I beat oldsock 2-1, but lost to skunk3 2-0, to be fair we both struggled a bit but I made worse mistakes, he played solid the entire evening losing only to Fenice.

Been a fun night, hope to do more of these challenges, wanna improve!

I can't say anybody has done anything special tonight though, everybody kinda struggled and fell too much, by special I mean impressive roping.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:39 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline sock

« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2018, 04:01 AM »
skunk3, eazy. Next?

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2018, 04:18 AM »
sock, please play skunk again, he played very poor compared to his other games.

Also, I wanna rematch with you, cuz neither of us played our peak either.

Offline sock

« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2018, 04:33 AM »
sock, please play skunk again, he played very poor compared to his other games.

Also, I wanna rematch with you, cuz neither of us played our peak either.
Anytime skunk3 would like some more of this, he's more than welcome. As for you, I've unfinished business with you, so get some rest.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:39 AM by oldsock »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2018, 04:49 AM »
oldsock, I will hopefully be playing you like 1000 games over the next 6 months, would be nice to have someone who actually wants to compete and see who can end up better :)

Offline skunk3

« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2018, 04:53 AM »
Sock I'm not making excuses but my game with you was hands down the worst I have roped all day, including the games I played with everyone else before you. I had just played several 1 vs 1 rr's right before you and was kinda burned out.

Offline sock

« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2018, 04:55 AM »
oldsock, I will hopefully be playing you like 1000 games over the next 6 months, would be nice to have someone who actually wants to compete and see who can end up better :)
Imma take a guess..

Offline sock

« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2018, 04:55 AM »
Sock I'm not making excuses but my game with you was hands down the worst I have roped all day, including the games I played with everyone else before you. I had just played several 1 vs 1 rr's right before you and was kinda burned out.
Don't worry, i understand...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:11 AM by oldsock »

Offline Senator

« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2018, 06:22 AM »
skunk3 can you attach some replay of your games with Masta?

Offline skunk3

« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2018, 06:57 AM »
skunk3 can you attach some replay of your games with Masta?

I am like 3 computers past that point. I do have some of my old hard drives though but I don't have any way of accessing the data because all I have is a laptop now. For that matter, I don't even know if any replay data is on them for sure but I would assume so since I never deleted it. One of these days I'll get one of those external bays and try to pull data off of my old drives. It just sucks though because the pins on the back of one of my hard drives are all bent so Im not sure if I will be able to get them straightened out so I can 'dock' the hard drive. :/

Offline Senator

« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2018, 02:19 PM »
17:02:40 Kekkity: must have been many years ago
17:04:18 Kekkity: well, you must keep in mind I only started playing in 2010
17:04:35 Kekkity: it might be true that he beat me in 2010-2012
17:15:26 Kekkity: I have made a search in replays, most of our games are in 2010 and 2011
17:16:04 Kekkity: he should have little problem beating me around that time

Offline Ryan

« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2018, 09:08 PM »
I would come back for a 1v1 TTRR marathon for money  ;D

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2018, 07:41 PM »
i've not read this whole threat but when i was online and have been in ag the other week i always managed to find a good game in a classic scheme with players of good competition. Some of those games were reported as TUS games and thats one of the points raised earlier in the thread that people need to actually play instead of being idle on AG and just posting on forums.

However the approve doeasn't apply to the whole population of AG.

My suggestion would be to encourage competitive play but not dividing and chopping up the league into multiple league types, theres too many different leagues and i have no motivation to play competitively in a ranked system when the league seasons over over 200 days! when i report some TUS games this is what season info gave me.

Money has nothing to do with things and people who care about the game will play without the motivation of cash. The history of worms funded leagues is very short vs the history of ranked leagues in general.

My honest opinion would be to go back to a very basic league system. Remove ratings, award 3 points for a win and -1 for a lose. Set a limit of how many league games in a season and keep seasons to only be 1 month (maybe 2 depending on how active the new league is). Set game limits against the same player. ALLOW DONs (this lets active players play alot more games and the thrill of seeking a prefect 50-0 record).

Next radical suggestion. Allow any scheme to be played (as long as uploaded and TUS approved). This way the league is open to all players, people won't care about avoiding if they can play their pick, even if its a non-classic scheme, and gives all players in AG the opportunity to learn a 'ranked' league system. If you allow DONs, then perhaps people won't mind playing a non classic scheme. The era of today isn't classic schemes, so why not let new players pick the schemes they enjoy in a competitive setting?

Playoff picks would need to alternate like usually and more thought would go into this.

If tomorrow i could create this league system above I would, but sadly i can't and won't be able to find out if it gets games until someone else does or MI is happy to completely revolutionise TUS into a whole new point based open single league system.