Forums
April 16, 2024, 07:51 AM

Author Topic: Current status of the League  (Read 17714 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: Current status of the League
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2018, 06:17 PM »
You were away for too long Chicken23 :D

There is all-round ladder. Rope and default ladders are just on top of that. Inter and Big RR are already in the all-round (Classic) league.

Seasons were 60 days for a long time. Only after the rope and default ladders were introduced the all-round season was lengthend. Activity had dropped well before that.

Playoffs are already possible with 4 players.

I don't think more schemes or a different point system would help at all. People on WormNet are not interested in playing in a league and if they are, they don't want to play Classic league schemes. You could make a league with Mole Shopper, Shopper and Intermediate, for example, but I'm not sure if even that would bring new players. Btw, I asked players who participated in Mole Shopper cups if they were interested in a Mole Shopper league and only 6 were interested.

Ok. I think one problem is then that all the different ladders confuse people and potential new commers? You just want to see one set of standings. Looking through the list of games there are free league schemes that are being split between that league and classic. IF activity is at an all time low then combining the free and classic leagues would centralise all games into 1 league which could boast activity. You need to make the league appeal to the mole shopper, and Ariel, ssr guys.

I think the tus league looks far too complex and the games are being split across different leagues in that sense? Whats the harm of merging free with classic and letting some free league schemes being available for playoff choices?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2018, 06:32 PM »
What is the different between classic allround and classic overall? It just seems confusing when you hoover over standings and see so many options.

A part of online community building is UX/UI. The user experience is going to be important on a website and you want to make things more simply, we can argue about the mindset of players doing league games but we could also make it easier if the barriers to entry of learning how a league works and playing games were easier.

So the new season length is nearly 1 year?? How can we currently be on 335th day of season #3?? Thats insane? Why on earth would i want to even play a single league game if i have to wait nearly a year to be crowned champion of wa for a season??

Offline skunk3

« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2018, 04:15 AM »
Agreed with all of these points.

Seasons should be no longer than quarterly.

Offline sock

« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2018, 05:46 AM »
Seasons are a bit long.

Offline Senator

« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2018, 08:22 AM »
Inter and Big RR were removed from Free league when they were added in Allround league (and in default/rope). No scheme is in both Allround and Free league. When you play Inter, for example, the game is counted in both default and allround. Rope and default ladders give people another incentive to participate in the allround league. I'm sure many haven't even read the announcement regarding rope & default ladders so they don't know how everything works. I agree it's a bit complex system but activity isn't being split between leagues.

Allround seasons were 3 months long. Activity had dropped close to zero and there was no hope of playoffs. Instead of starting a new season every 3 months, MI decided to make the season indefinitely long so that people could still report their games.

I still don't believe the allround league would become any more appealing to newcomers if we added Mole Shopper etc. You'd also need to remove most of the Classic league schemes.

Offline sock

« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Inter and Big RR were removed from Free league when they were added in Allround league (and in default/rope). No scheme is in both Allround and Free league. When you play Inter, for example, the game is counted in both default and allround. Rope and default ladders give people another incentive to participate in the allround league. I'm sure many haven't even read the announcement regarding rope & default ladders so they don't know how everything works. I agree it's a bit complex system but activity isn't being split between leagues.

Allround seasons were 3 months long. Activity had dropped close to zero and there was no hope of playoffs. Instead of starting a new season every 3 months, MI decided to make the season indefinitely long so that people could still report their games.

I still don't believe the allround league would become any more appealing to newcomers if we added Mole Shopper etc. You'd also need to remove most of the Classic league schemes.
Well if activity is low, why remove classic schemes?

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2018, 10:58 PM »

Well if activity is low, why remove classic schemes?

because people would get picked schemes they don't like, discouraging the activity
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2018, 11:44 PM »
Just open the flood gates, anything goes. Playerbase (competitive) too small to limit schemes.

Offline sock

« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2018, 03:54 AM »
Just open the flood gates, anything goes. Playerbase (competitive) too small to limit schemes.
ya

Offline Senator

« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2018, 01:36 PM »
I haven't seen many newcomers participating in Free league although it has had Mole Shopper, SSR, Big RR, Inter and what not. Apart from Husk, no one wants to learn and practice 30 schemes :D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2018, 01:48 PM »

Offline sock

« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2018, 07:15 PM »
put aerial into classic then we got something

Offline Sensei

« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2018, 07:28 PM »
put aerial into classic then we got something

It's not oldsock anymore. It's new, improved sock. This sock has cast away that failure of scheme called hysteria and embraced something modern, superior, collosal.. Aerial is what it is all about.

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for TUS league.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2018, 08:19 PM »
lets open the flood gates, add ariel to classic, mole shooper and other popular schemes

reduce the season length, try 90 days again...

i think you need some motivation to play and a really long season is the opposite of that for anyone who is playing to try and make playoffs.

There is literally nothing to lose and with this little activity putting all the schemes in 1 pot to encourage the new players is fine.

Offline sock

« Reply #209 on: September 04, 2018, 02:52 AM »
lets open the flood gates, add ariel to classic, mole shooper and other popular schemes

reduce the season length, try 90 days again...

i think you need some motivation to play and a really long season is the opposite of that for anyone who is playing to try and make playoffs.

There is literally nothing to lose and with this little activity putting all the schemes in 1 pot to encourage the new players is fine.
mole shopper and aerial into classic, 90 days, sounds good to me.