Forums > General discussion

Current status of the League

<< < (46/60) > >>

Ytrojan:
At this point, we need a promotion on an alternative media platform. If VidLii or BitChute can get loads of views on Worms Armageddon videos, then Worms Armageddon can have new players interested.

However, that's a big "IF". There's no guarantee, but it's the best we've got.

Senator:
We will start a new season soon and the season length will be 2 months again. Just a fresh start to give people a signal to start playing. :D

I don't think we will remove or replace schemes but we could do something about the balance. No one plays all 10 or even 8 schemes evenly so that means a player can just ignore a whole scheme type (BnG & Hysteria for example) and still succeed in this league. We could put the schemes in 3-6 classes. Then ignoring a class would have some effect. I'll just leave a couple of examples here:
Spoiler! View
Old idea by KRD/ropa/Mablak/Auto ("what a true allrounder can do")

BnG/Hysteria
Elite/Intermediate
Team17/Shopper
Roper/WxW (<- Big RR?)
TTRR (<- Big RR?)

2 classes for rope/strategic/artillery

BnG/Fort
Hysteria/Aerial
Elite/Intermediate
Team17/Shopper
Roper/WxW (<- Big RR?)
TTRR (<- Big RR?)

1 class for each

BnG/Hysteria
Elite/Intermediate/Team17/Shopper
TTRR/Roper/WxW/Big RR

Sensei:
We're not going much forward with these, but at least it's some kind of a moving so I'll participate in debate.

Would be cool if 1 clan could refuse some pick from their opponents. Let's say dt wanna pick rr against Pn. They decide to refuse it and play whatever next pick of dt would be. Ofc, every clan would have limited amount of available refuses to each clan per season. Let's say 7. If this could easily be implemented in TUS (maybe in reporting section as: opponent refused scheme: YES NO), why not.

Schemes for classic:
BnG
Elite
Aerial (bo3 with updated scheme, pls just put it in league already)
BigRR &/or RR
Shopper (with inf zook or just leave it out of any league ever again)

Mega`Adnan:
AdD BuNgEe ShOpPaH iN dA LiSt!i! AnD I CaN GuArAnTeE YoU DaT ThE AcTiViTy oF TuS WiLl Be InCrEaSeD!i!I

TheKomodo:
Last resort now man, how about shutting all Leagues down completely, and waiting a few months to see if there is any demand for a League?

I know some people will say, "But I want to play Leagues even if it's not very active".

To which I answer, what's the difference these days? The reason you play Leagues is for competitive serious gameplay, improving yourself, and bragging rights...

And these days, there is literally nothing to brag about is there? You can still play competitive games against the other players remaining in private, you still save replays and can show other people if you want to brag about beating someone, and you can still improve.

When a lot of people are having fun competing, eventually on their own accord they want to start competing seriously.

We've discussed every option, argued and debated every technique/system, and nothing has worked, try the Cartmanland technique, close it down and build up some hype or something for a while.

While the Leagues are shut down, try asking newer players to get involved, what kind of League they would like to see etc.

Honestly, the era of the Oldschooler schemes is over, by far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version