Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:04 AM

Author Topic: Current status of the League  (Read 17451 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: Current status of the League
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2018, 06:45 PM »
lets just keep it simple

4 PO spots
add koas/arieal/moleshopper
60 day seasons (30 months)
rolling seasons (no break between them)
clean navigation across site to main league
30 games minium to reach POs (even if someone is not as active as others, a high winning percentage will award them with PO spot - look at almog who wasn't that active compared to others but consistently managed to reach POs when league was ok)
Some PO system of highest seed picks first

ps. there is 9 days until the new season, can we do all these changes in time? I'd personally be motivated to search for tus if the above was introduced and honestly, WA has always been a passion in my life, i've explained the situation to my wife of the dying competition and she understands if i platy worms again...  :o ;D :P

Lets just try those changes and see what happens next before we get lost in PO classes etc
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:48 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline sock

« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2018, 06:48 PM »
This is how it works, Keep it Simple, KIS- KEEP IT SIMPLE. Only way a league or life works well and enjoyable.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2018, 06:50 PM »
This is how it works, Keep it Simple, KIS- KEEP IT SIMPLE. Only way a league or life works well and enjoyable.

please! lets do it and lets get komodo and anubis and others playing and trying to be the best wormer again! i could probably manage 30 games a season and maybe more if i had something to play for, and thats a PO spot. If activity gets too high we can increase PO spots or game limit to reach POs.

Offline sock

« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2018, 06:58 PM »

please! lets do it and lets get komodo and anubis and others playing and trying to be the best wormer again! i could probably manage 30 games a season and maybe more if i had something to play for, and thats a PO spot. If activity gets too high we can increase PO spots or game limit to reach POs.
We might be able to get anubis on board, but komodo's I think is in a more 1 scheme league or two leagues that have 1 scheme each domination mode idea he's got in his head I think. Komodo want to play his bigrr, roper league, while not dealing with playing games like ttrr with people, he hasn't got time for that such thing, and such things bore him to death.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2018, 07:35 PM »
I never have nor ever will try to be the best wormer, I only got good at things cuz I enjoy them and became obsessed with learning them/creating new ways.

Actually sock, my favourite idea so far, which was my own suggestion, which I said would be make a 3 scheme league:

Big RR or WxW
Hysteria or Aerial
Elite or Intermediate

2nd to that, I prefer the idea spleen17 came up with.

I don't know why I even bother talking to you anymore, you've lost the plot man.

Personally, I think Chickens idea is ridiculous in this day and age of WA, but at least he's trying.

Offline sock

« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2018, 07:37 PM »
I never have nor ever will try to be the best wormer, I only got good at things cuz I enjoy them and became obsessed with learning them/creating new ways.

Actually sock, my favourite idea so far, which was my own suggestion, which I said would be make a 3 scheme league:

Big RR or WxW
Hysteria or Aerial
Elite or Intermediate

2nd to that, I prefer the idea spleen17 came up with.

I don't know why I even bother talking to you anymore, you've lost the plot man.

Personally, I think Chickens idea is ridiculous in this day and age of WA, but at least he's trying.
We all know you prefer these schemes man you been saying it forever, exactly what i am talking about

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2018, 07:50 PM »
I've only ever played like a dozen Aerials, and even less Intermediate games.

If it were my choice alone, and everyone happily accepted whatever I choose, that wouldn't be my choice.

Why does what I prefer matter? Everyone else is saying what they prefer, what's the problem?

Offline sock

« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2018, 07:55 PM »

If it were my choice alone, and everyone happily accepted whatever I choose, that wouldn't be my choice.

Why does what I prefer matter? Everyone else is saying what they prefer, what's the problem?
Yeah, everyone else. You've have been saying what you prefer for the past 20 years.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:51 PM by oldsock »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2018, 10:22 AM »

Yeah, everyone else. You've have been saying what you prefer for the past 20 years.

So have you, so has every human being in the existence of the human race...

Get over it.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Having had some discussions with MI i think hes in agreement for the following;

Next season will have Aerial added
4 PO spots
duration 60 days
30 games minumum required for PO place (+ 50% greater winning ratio for PO place)
highest seed in POs picks scheme first
Cleaner navigation to main league with some edits to the menu and links

Good Luck WA league and hope to see some of you in this thread searching for TUS. 

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2018, 12:16 PM »
While it's nice to hear about the cleaner navigation, and also seeing change, it's quite disappointing to have such a change made without even so much as a vote, regardless if it's something we want or not, it would feel nice to at least have something implemented by seeing a vast majority winning a vote even if you voted for the losing side...

Why can't we just wait, and do some manual advertising and question the actual community to see what they want first? I'd definitely support any setup as long as I saw evidence that is what the majority of people wanted.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #251 on: October 06, 2018, 12:36 PM »
While it's nice to hear about the cleaner navigation, and also seeing change, it's quite disappointing to have such a change made without even so much as a vote, regardless if it's something we want or not, it would feel nice to at least have something implemented by seeing a vast majority winning a vote even if you voted for the losing side...

Why can't we just wait, and do some manual advertising and question the actual community to see what they want first? I'd definitely support any setup as long as I saw evidence that is what the majority of people wanted.

I can understand your point about a vote and democracy, but this thread has been going since July with about... 6-7 main contributors of opinions? I think we've had plenty of time about talking and trying to make decisions, some actions were needed and if things pick up with activity as a result it would be a better platform when more people who are active in tus are commenting and discusses the changes here.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #252 on: October 06, 2018, 01:32 PM »
It's not our fault MonkeyIsland hasn't done anything about it yet... He is the only person around here with the power to implement League changes and new ladders or whatever since it's his website.

Rather than just listen to someone privately and go with their idea, it would be best to actually openly get involved with the entire community and see what the majority actually want.

Now, I am sorry if I am jumping the gun here, but with the information provided, it doesn't look like much thought or effort was put into this decision :(

And please, nobody step in accusing me of being a d**k not getting what he wants, this isn't about me, so don't make it about me! I openly support any changes made that the majority of the community wants, I would love to see this community flourish again, but this isn't the way to do it man...

Edit - It is however, better than nothing lol.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:43 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Senator

« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2018, 03:15 PM »
I haven't suggested a radical change because I have listened to qualified people ;D

20:55:07 KRD: Basically, it depends on the sort of league you want to be.
20:56:03 KRD: And it sounds to me like your line of thinking is that the community right now would more readily accept a single-scheme league than an all-around one.
20:56:37 KRD: But if it was me and I was launching a proper all-around league, I wouldn't let current scheme popularity dictate too much.
20:57:33 KRD: Because basically your product isn't a place where people can (or can't) play certain schemes. Rather, it's a place where they can play WA competitively.
20:57:41 KRD: So I'd just support the most competitive schemes.
20:58:05 KRD: And I think that's a reasonably constant thing, not something that changes over time.

This inactivity has probably nothing to do with the scheme selection.. but if it does have, then adding Aerial indeed won't change much.

I'd be fine with testing a scheme selection that is closer to what the majority likes to play today. 3 schemes is too less imo. Big RR alone is not popular enough. Roper and TTRR have been way more popular in TUS games. I'd still include Big RR because that's what new players like to play on WN. We need Roper AND Big RR, Elite AND Intermediate etc. A compromise between what old and new players want to play.

Maybe we should open a thread where people can tell their preferred scheme list and then make a poll based on them.

Or just start a new season with the current setup + Aerial and have fun :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:40 PM by Senator »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2018, 04:21 PM »
I'm sure good number of ppl that tried hyst and aerial, would prefer league containing aerial nowadays.

Could be wrong.