Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:23 PM

Author Topic: Current status of the League  (Read 17455 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Current status of the League
« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2018, 04:25 PM »
I think Roper should be replaced with ZaR Roper, because ZaR is more popular, and also fifth biggest roping community on Worms.

Many of my roper Z games are stacked with new and familiar faces, and most are used to this version of roper.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2018, 06:15 PM »
and also fifth biggest roping community on Worms.

That really made me laugh...

I like ZaR, and I like you, but 5th biggest roping community is hardly an achievement to use as a reason to introduce ZaR to the League lol.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2018, 07:03 PM »

I like ZaR, and I like you, but 5th biggest roping community is hardly an achievement to use as a reason to introduce ZaR to the League lol.

It is an current objective fact, and with that, it has more than enough reasons to be part of the league. It is up there with Hysteria and Elite community in terms of size and list ranking, as it is a popular scheme. Heck, it even trumps b2b community, and how many bng games do you see nowadays? Barely none to nothing at all. Sure, bng can't be compared to ZaR Roper, and yes I am the one that hosts ZaR games the most. People still comes to play it, and they all have a good time.

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2018, 07:25 PM »
 ::)Yo krad dave
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2018, 09:37 PM »
In just a week and a day, there will probably be new leagues.

The current seasons have been going on for longer than a year, so we should've had a few seasons done by now.

Then again, Worms Armageddon (Still timeless after 20 years) is being drowned out by Fortnite (which won't exist in 10 years) and Rocket League (which will probably be around the size of Worms Reloaded today in 10 years).
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2018, 12:35 AM »
Yeah but i'm not sitting here suggesting Darts or BnG or anything lol.

You had a David Brent moment, it's ok Kradie :D

Also, like I haven't been online for a few months now really, but during my past active periods, I really only saw you and maybe 2 or 3 other guys hosting ZaR.

I think it's a good scheme by the way, but Roper is definitely still more popular.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:38 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2018, 06:45 AM »
lets just keep it simple

4 PO spots
add koas/arieal/moleshopper
60 day seasons (30 months)
rolling seasons (no break between them)
clean navigation across site to main league
30 games minium to reach POs (even if someone is not as active as others, a high winning percentage will award them with PO spot - look at almog who wasn't that active compared to others but consistently managed to reach POs when league was ok)
Some PO system of highest seed picks first

ps. there is 9 days until the new season, can we do all these changes in time? I'd personally be motivated to search for tus if the above was introduced and honestly, WA has always been a passion in my life, i've explained the situation to my wife of the dying competition and she understands if i platy worms again...  :o ;D :P

Lets just try those changes and see what happens next before we get lost in PO classes etc

4 PO spots:
it is currently like that. It picks 4, 8 or 16 based on activity. So if the activity is low, it will automatically go for 4.

add koas/arieal/moleshopper:
Kaos is not popular and doesn't run on standard game settings and will be hard for newcomers to get it running.
Members who play moleshopper usually play mostly moleshopper.

rolling seasons (no break between them):
It's already like that. Current season got extended because there was no activity and no reason to start a new season so I just extended it so people can report.

clean navigation across site to main league:
All old leagues will be removed from the menus.

30 games minium to reach POs:
No problem.

Some PO system of highest seed picks first:
It is already like that.

Personally I don't think the changes does much. The main problem of the league is the lack of new blood. We are all older and more busy with our lives. Even if some of us try to play leagues again it would be for a short time until we get inactive again.
If you have any plans to attract newcomers and teach them how the league works though...
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #262 on: October 08, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Yeah but i'm not sitting here suggesting Darts or BnG or anything lol.

You had a David Brent moment, it's ok Kradie :D

Also, like I haven't been online for a few months now really, but during my past active periods, I really only saw you and maybe 2 or 3 other guys hosting ZaR.

I think it's a good scheme by the way, but Roper is definitely still more popular.

You are barely online, we do not play together, and yet there are times where my games are filled. People do not object on the scheme when they found out that it isn't classic roper. To my experience, people find ZaR as the standard roper scheme.

So here is what I do know. Roper in theory is more popular because it is in the league, and the league isn't that active.  Which means?

And I am not saying ZaR scheme will save the league, it could at least give some recognition to newcomers and fans of the scheme.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Personally I think ZaR is a great scheme, for fun, and for personal Tournaments/Cups.

If you ask me to accept it as the main competitive League scheme for roping, I can only laugh, it's some kind of joke to me in that regard...

12 seconds, no parachute, crazy maps, zook only... Most games I see are decided after like 2 turns each... I think this is not a scheme to attract noobs at all.

I think Roper got less and less popular as the maps got crazier and more evil, and more decided by luck.

zook being the only weapon as well, that gets pretty boring when you are used to grenade/mine as well for so many years.

Being able to toss a 2s nade when you can't make it to zook/mine, it's one of the greatest things about that scheme, having opportunities like this.

I see ZaR as a simplified, stripped down version of Roper, yes it's fun, yes it's competitive, if it would honestly bring more popularity into the League, i'd support it, but this is simply my opinion, it's not fact or anything, and I don't want it as a main League scheme, ever.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #264 on: October 08, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Kudos to you Komodo for ZaR accolades :)
12 seconds, no parachute, crazy maps, zook only... Most games I see are decided after like 2 turns each... I think this is not a scheme to attract noobs at all.

Crazy maps, I barely choose any of the sorts. My maps are usually designed for ZaR. They're usually thin, with thin middle, no land close to the island's feet. Sure, there are maps that may seem convoluted, but perhaps that is the idea of it? They're still slimmed down and not as fat as say some of Mablak's ropers. On fat maps, you can't even make shortcut cuts to maneuver yourself through.Which is one of roping skills, adaptability. In regular ropers you are forced to go through the entirety of the map, which is a skill of itself, but you can easily make it less luck based in ZaR when you do create these holes. to snuggle yourself through.

I think Roper got less and less popular as the maps got crazier and more evil, and more decided by luck.

True, that's why I try to keep it fair.

zook being the only weapon as well, that gets pretty boring when you are used to grenade/mine as well for so many years.

This is likely true, to me I never found it boring. I do agree that grenade further the attack range and makes for interesting games.
Long ago, I remember people hosted zook only ropers, I thought of it at the time it was a pro weapon, since I was a noob and always used mine. Nowadays It is hard for me to consider mine as a weapon if ever I do competitive. Heck it is even embarrassing for me to choose parachute, because to me it feels like crutches. Yes, I know you can use the parachute to wall hit and glide and continue your turn, that is pro too.

I see ZaR as a simplified, stripped down version of Roper, yes it's fun, yes it's competitive, if it would honestly bring more popularity into the League, i'd support it, but this is simply my opinion, it's not fact or anything, and I don't want it as a main League scheme, ever.
ZaR is literally stripped down version, in order to make it more difficult (Opinion).

Komodo, you don't take time to get to know people from WA. You sit there up in your high tower with your Nostalgia goggles, and make decision that best suit yourself. Perhaps it is time to join everyone else? The people here on these forums aren't the only ones that plays worms.

About the league, I had an interesting conversation with two individuals. One of them asked if it was ''free'', the other one asked ''Why do I need to play the league?''
I am trying to get more people to look up tus :)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #265 on: October 08, 2018, 04:51 PM »
Komodo, you don't take time to get to know people from WA. You sit there up in your high tower with your Nostalgia goggles, and make decision that best suit yourself.

That is a ridiculous claim...

I play a lot of funners with people i've never played before, Grenade Wars, I join ZaR from time to time, I play Darts, Hoops, still BnG from time to time, lots of Big RR.

I am usually the person who tries to engage in conversation about life while everybody else keeps quiet or spams nonsense...

I've spent a vast amount of time teaching people how to play BnG, Darts, Roper etc...

Again, that's a ridiculous claim!

I haven't been active for the last 1-2 months, but before that, pfft!

Remember the whole Moleshopper thing a few months back? Who was the person who took the time to get to know Zalo and spectate many hours of games with him?

Seriously, that is the biggest load of bullsh*t i've ever been accused of!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 04:59 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #266 on: October 08, 2018, 10:19 PM »

Personally I don't think the changes does much. The main problem of the league is the lack of new blood. We are all older and more busy with our lives. Even if some of us try to play leagues again it would be for a short time until we get inactive again.
If you have any plans to attract newcomers and teach them how the league works though...

Maybe, there is no denying older players have grown up and life takes up more time, only time will tell, but if enough of us are in AG, being brand evanglists of TUS for a short period of time as we have something slightly competitive to play for (who can stop dibz or oldsock winning the first season?), maybe that activity around tus classic, combined with this cleaner league navigation on the site will bring some new players and interest to the tus website.

WA is far from dead, the number of people in AG isn't an issue, its just the way the community has evolved to what it is today.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2018, 02:38 AM »
lets just keep it simple

4 PO spots
add koas/arieal/moleshopper
60 day seasons (30 months)
rolling seasons (no break between them)
clean navigation across site to main league
30 games minium to reach POs (even if someone is not as active as others, a high winning percentage will award them with PO spot - look at almog who wasn't that active compared to others but consistently managed to reach POs when league was ok)
Some PO system of highest seed picks first

ps. there is 9 days until the new season, can we do all these changes in time? I'd personally be motivated to search for tus if the above was introduced and honestly, WA has always been a passion in my life, i've explained the situation to my wife of the dying competition and she understands if i platy worms again...  :o ;D :P

Lets just try those changes and see what happens next before we get lost in PO classes etc

4 PO spots:
it is currently like that. It picks 4, 8 or 16 based on activity. So if the activity is low, it will automatically go for 4.

add koas/arieal/moleshopper:
Kaos is not popular and doesn't run on standard game settings and will be hard for newcomers to get it running.
Members who play moleshopper usually play mostly moleshopper.

rolling seasons (no break between them):
It's already like that. Current season got extended because there was no activity and no reason to start a new season so I just extended it so people can report.

clean navigation across site to main league:
All old leagues will be removed from the menus.

30 games minium to reach POs:
No problem.

Some PO system of highest seed picks first:
It is already like that.

The real problem is that I fear that you might delete the Classic games, or at least make them harder to access.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline spleen17

« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2018, 12:12 PM »

It's the biggest roping community, and 5th biggest clan or community overall, get your facts right Kradie  :D

This is why I suggested letting people host their own leagues. If they come to tus just to play mole or zar, they will learn how the league works and (hopefully) some will start to play the classic schemes too.

Offline Senator

« Reply #269 on: October 23, 2018, 08:54 AM »
I like the idea of scheme classes, but i personally would only enforce them at a PO stage? And the POs could be very minimum at this stage due to active of only 4 playoff spots? Bo3 or Bo5 from the different 'classes'? Whatever those classes are is indeed up to debate and probably should be done in a separate topic.

Why allow one-sided picks in regular season and demand different kind of schemes only at PO stage? Anyway, there could be 3 or 6 classes for PO depending whether you want to allow combos such as Hysteria+Aerial or Roper+WxW. The 5 classes by KRD etc may not be ideal as we have Aerial and Big RR in the mix.

Here's an example of why the current system sucks:

Player A picks mostly TTRR, Big RR, Roper, WxW (= 2 classes)
Player B picks mostly TTRR, Roper, Elite, BnG (= 4 classes)

With the current system they get the same amount of points.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:07 AM by Senator »