Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:36 PM

Author Topic: D3D9Wnd 0.7.1.1: Direct3D 9-based windowed mode with multi-monitor support  (Read 89649 times)

Offline rongyao

I've reinstalled the whole game from the cd, updated it, downloaded the plugin...
running everything default with d3d 9 cpu settings and d3dwnd default settings, my game moves with 10fps when mouse enters in the window, when moves out of the window works normally.

Setting up d3dwnd to use fullscreen makes it work completely fine, but i want to play windowed, previous versions like from 2014 of this plugin used to work fine.

Someone to tell me how to produce log files and send them so to help for this issue to get fixed up please?

Offline Kangaroo

ok im getting a few errors.

Main one is when I click start game , I can hear the game load and worms in game walking around and stuff but I get stuck at lobby screen and cannot see the game.. only hear it.

2nd one is the window is very small can i make it bigger ?

Im on windows XP

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Which window is small? The menus or the game?
The game window size is controlled by the WA resolution setting,
The menu window size is controlled by editing the wkd3d9wnd.ini file. 0 means off, 1 means on.

Troubleshooting to get the easy things out of the way:
-try different graphics renderers (set in Advanced Settings)
-try using a smaller in-game resolution than your desktop resolution (will make game run in a window), or if game is already in a window, set in-game reso to your desktop reso.
-try changing various settings in the above-mentioned ini file.
-update directx? idk.

I'm not sure whether d3d9wnd was designed for Windows XP. Why do you need d3d9wnd? Multiple monitors? If it's just to make the menus more friendly you could try wkSuperFrontend. I'm sure someone smarter will come along with better suggestions..

Offline Kangaroo

Im on laptop and have only ever been able to get 1024x768 as my largest resolution...  I am wanting to find a way to get larger resolution so can play Big RR and see where I am going or see more of a roper map....

Here is main Problem though... I get to this part and then I cannot get into game. I can hear game load and start and my worms walking around and firing zooks ect ect but I cannot see. It just sticks on this screen... I can press ALT f4 and it goes back to menu, so its not game freezing its something else.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline StepS

try to remove wkReplayShark, if you have it. I've encountered some weirdnesses with CreateWindow hooking when it's on (it might depend on the order of loading). Due to this, game-detection is malfunctioning, so specific windows are not fixed in the way they should be.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:10 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Kangaroo

try to remove wkReplayShark, if you have it.

dont have it

ok I got it all working... wow its amazing to play big RR with bigger res... so simple ... BUT its seems very laggy.. ;/   is this because I normaly play on 8bit or 32bit ?. and the Direct3D 9 (shader) setting is too much for my pc ?   512mb ram(128mb of that is built in graphics)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:46 PM by pizzasheet »

jpg images

Offline Kangaroo

jpg images

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Try making a separate installation of WA for Project X if you haven't already. PX and high resolution don't mix on old PCs.

edit: er wait I guess if youre using D3d9wnd you can't be using PX.  I dunno then.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:42 PM by j0e »

Offline StepS

You should launch the task manager, then run the game with the selected resolution, reproduce the lags, then minimize it and check the CPU/RAM usage.
Big RRs can eat up a lot of RAM. Even if a PNG map is about 1 or 2 MB big, it is compressed, and must fit in memory uncompressed (which can be 100, 200 MB or more). This is why the "Map Memory Warning" slider is present in Advanced settings, to let you know when an uncompressed map is going to hit the threshold (you can set it to "Always" so it'd always display you the amount of RAM it'd be using). It does look like one of the issues you're having here.
Also try to switch between Direct3D 9 (shader) and Direct3D9 (CPU) modes. The shader one should always be preferable, however, but I haven't tried it on systems like yours. The D3D9Wnd module only works with these two modes.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Kaleu

Hi StepS, thanks a lot for this module, I've been using it since its release and I can say that I'm used to it and I can't play without this module now.
Can you please update the D3D9Wnd? It's lagging for me since 1-2 week, I think its happening due to latest NVidia Drivers with this Vulkan shit that installed togheter, but I'm not sure, by lags I mean fps drops while roping, I am using stretched 1080p in my 1360x768 monitor, when I disable the module game does not lag but I can't see the edges of the screen because of the size higher than my monitor so I need this module.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Rabbzz

Didn't know I could use this to have a bigger res on laptop. Will be trying it out!! ;D

Offline Rabbzz

Is there a way to make res in game bigger then my max? current max is 1366x768 would like to see more on the map in bng's though.

Im sure there is a way using this but i havent figured it out yet

Offline Kaleu

Is there a way to make res in game bigger then my max? current max is 1366x768 would like to see more on the map in bng's though.

Im sure there is a way using this but i havent figured it out yet

Check the additional notes of the 1st post, you can switch using wkLobbyCmd, also there's a DL link.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
No rabbit. 1 pixel = 1 pixel.

Offline Rabbzz

No rabbit. 1 pixel = 1 pixel.
Well Kaleu understood what I meant haha ;D