Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:59 PM

Author Topic: Display weapons on intermediate stream  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Dr Abegod

Display weapons on intermediate stream
« on: November 03, 2018, 04:18 PM »
Hey, here's a tool for the CWT streamers to display the used weapons and utilities of each player.

Instructions:
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl87eu3wb2w1pia/What%27s%20Used.zip?dl=0
Download the zip and unpack. Execute "run.bat" to run the program. It takes a bit of CPU to run the program this way, so if you want to minimize this, install python 3.7 and pygame on your computer and simply run the .py script instead.

How to use:
Switch between selected players by pressing the buttons on the left.
  • Rename a player by clicking the name field, then type.
  • When renaming, you can change team color (color of the underline) with Left/Right arrow keys
  • When renaming, you can increase/decrease score with Up/Down arrow keys
  • Add an item from the list on the top by clicking on it. It will be added to the selected player. If this item is not a jp, lg or cow, the selected player will switch automatically.
  • Remove an item from a player by clicking on it in the player's list.
  • Increase rope or ws by left-clicking on them. Decrease by right-clicking

How to implement in OBS:

Add a window recorder of What'sUsed?, and uncheck "record cursor". Crtl+E to transform the window, then crop off the top row of icons and the left side with the select-buttons. Go to filters, add "color key", and from the drop-down select custom color. Click choose color and select black. Now the black background is transparent, and you're ready to stream. :)

Update:
Added score + team color + autoswitch.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:53 PM by Dr Abegod »

Offline Xrayez

Re: Display weapons on intermediate stream
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Nice  :)

I'd make player switching automatic in some cases, namely when respective player's weapon is incremented/decremented, or simply allow this on a player that isn't selected.

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 08:07 PM »
Thanks for your ideas. I think you are right. Will try it out and see how it works. :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 08:49 PM by Dr Abegod »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 08:54 PM »
Nice work apegod, you gave me this some time ago but I never figured out how to use it.  Hopefully I get a chance to stream some games and get to use this, its a nice tool and I love how it looks in the overlay  :-*

Several people have made their own versions of this for streaming inter, but this seems to be the best of the bunch with the weapon icons clearly visible and the transparency.  Now I just need to figure out how to make a crude scoreboard ;D

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 11:43 PM »
Thanks Walrus! The program I once sent you was made by Khamski for his personal use. This one is brand new with more functionality. I hope you're gonna stream some CWT and would love to see you using this :D

btw, look at the original post, I included game score in the update
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:10 AM by Dr Abegod »

Online Sensei

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 12:56 AM »
The program I once sent you was made by Khamski for his personal use.

Asked Khamski abut his overlay 2 days ago. Apparently it was made by someone that doesn't even play Worms. Looks good, but as Walrus said - this one is even nicer. Well done abe.
We gotta get those cwt streams going!

It's the only scheme that even newcomers (think they)know everything about, so might be enjoyable for them to watch how it's played on whole other level.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:00 AM by Sensei »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 03:25 AM »
Pretty cool idea, but aren't there concerns that the people playing can watch the stream to see what their opponent has left? Or you guys aren't bothered about this?

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 08:41 AM »
It is a concern but the top level intermediate players do the counting themselves.
I think streaming quality is more important

Online Sensei

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 09:04 AM »
Would be concern if there were crates in scheme.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Pretty cool idea, but aren't there concerns that the people playing can watch the stream to see what their opponent has left? Or you guys aren't bothered about this?
Honestly all the strategy talk on the stream would be more valuable, people are on the honor system, its against CWT rules but no way to enforce ofc.  I'd like to think that no one does this.

Online Sensei

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Honestly all the strategy talk on the stream would be more valuable, people are on the honor system, its against CWT rules but no way to enforce ofc.  I'd like to think that no one does this.

If that's main concern, you can always put more delay in OBS.
By default it's set up on 'no delay'. In reality that is around 6 sec.
Putting it on 15-20 sec delay (or even 45 cause that's turntime in inter) should fix all problems about strategy talk and will be no need for honor system.

EDIT: although, more delay means less conversation with viewers. At least less quality real-time conversation. Dunno if you guys doing that while streaming.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:25 PM by Sensei »