Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:11 AM

Poll

Is WA a waste of your time?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Do you think Worms Armageddon is a waste of time?  (Read 4528 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Do you think Worms Armageddon is a waste of time?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 10:30 PM »
but a point could be made that doing ANYTHING "excessively" is bad because excess in general is bad.

Says who? Who gets to decide this?

Those with gaming addictions always try to justify their behavior with arguments that gravitate towards points such as:

-I'm not harming anyone!
-It makes me happy and being happy is a good thing!
-What makes gaming worse than other past time activities?
etc...

For me those are weak, bullshit arguments

skunk, those ARE actually valid arguements, and something a person can be proud of.

Being wealthy is always better.

Being wealthy is always better, I won't deny that, but what is wealth? Wealth doesn't always equate to money, career and education.

For example, if someone is rich in health, happiness, friends & family, they are wealthy even if they are poor...

To be honest skunk, you are kind of a depressing person to listen to at times lol.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 12:30 AM »
You boys are surely wasting time by now.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 10:11 AM »
I hope all the discussion participants understand how difficult it is to implement this?
Given the age of the game and the complexity of the idea, I can say that the real-time mode in the game is nothing more than fiction. Everything is possible, only in a parallel universe, maybe

Offline Anubis

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 05:29 PM »
but a point could be made that doing ANYTHING "excessively" is bad because excess in general is bad.

Says who? Who gets to decide this?

Those with gaming addictions always try to justify their behavior with arguments that gravitate towards points such as:

-I'm not harming anyone!
-It makes me happy and being happy is a good thing!
-What makes gaming worse than other past time activities?
etc...

For me those are weak, bullshit arguments

skunk, those ARE actually valid arguements, and something a person can be proud of.

Being wealthy is always better.

Being wealthy is always better, I won't deny that, but what is wealth? Wealth doesn't always equate to money, career and education.

For example, if someone is rich in health, happiness, friends & family, they are wealthy even if they are poor...

To be honest skunk, you are kind of a depressing person to listen to at times lol.

Pretty sure he was entirely and only thinking of money, I saw the $_$ in his eyes. ;D

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Come one guys just smoke more meth

Offline Perfect

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2019, 11:48 PM »
Waste of time? Get out of here! How many of you were inspired by WA to learn to upgrade your PC, build a website, learn to script, design digital art, and write (literary) about worms.. and there's much more too. Build comradery anybody? Esprit de corps. That's the good old stuff. WA inspires and continues to do so. If you play the game and take something away from it, then where's the waste?

I remember when Anubis built that one site, community.. thing. Can't remember. But i remember the idea and community behind it. I'm sure i wrote about it somewhere.

HHC and his RR Tourneys.. or something tourneys. Its been a few years. Skunk3, TheWalrus, Thekomodo, and the ideas and experiences they put down. Oh, and Rabbzz something spelling too.

And etc.

Waste of time? No.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2019, 03:13 PM »
Waste of time? Get out of here! How many of you were inspired by WA to learn to upgrade your PC, build a website, learn to script, design digital art, and write (literary) about worms.. and there's much more too. Build comradery anybody? Esprit de corps. That's the good old stuff. WA inspires and continues to do so. If you play the game and take something away from it, then where's the waste?

I remember when Anubis built that one site, community.. thing. Can't remember. But i remember the idea and community behind it. I'm sure i wrote about it somewhere.

HHC and his RR Tourneys.. or something tourneys. Its been a few years. Skunk3, TheWalrus, Thekomodo, and the ideas and experiences they put down. Oh, and Rabbzz something spelling too.

And etc.

Waste of time? No.

I took over the remains of a forum that was supposed to be a WWP League. It hosted more technical stuff about modding kbs and also hosted DarkOne RR tournaments. It was a weekly "magazine" where I talked about W:A and stuff. Didn't last long but I still remember it. :D

Found the name: It was called W:A Land.

Learned a lot about managing communities and people, was Admin in Armageddon League, complaint mod in XTC League. Very cool experiences. :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 03:19 PM by Anubis »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2019, 05:30 AM »

And etc.

Waste of time? No.
Hey Perf!!

Just to be clear - I'm not saying that W:A can't be a lot of fun and I didn't have lots of great times playing. What I am saying is that now that I am older I wish that I would have spent far less time playing Worms and instead invested more time into doing more productive things. I think my attitude would be different if I physically lived closer to other players and had the chance to make friends, hang out, and grow to know them well over the years but that never really happened. I've never met anyone from this game and the vast majority of people who I got to know really well from playing with each other for so long all eventually disappeared, and as time marches on, memories fade. I can barely recall details of peoples' lives after playing with them for many hundreds of hours, and I highly doubt they remember much about me. It's kinda 'dust in the wind' at this point and fairly bittersweet.

tl;dr - had loads of fun, but if I could do it all over again i'd spend more time polishing up my real life skills than worms skills

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2019, 08:57 AM »
Waste of Time??  Time is just an illusion caused by a lack of drugs.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2019, 03:56 PM »
miss you c@#! are you playing worms again?

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2019, 01:37 PM »

Nah I guess i deemed the game a waste of time and threw my laptop in the bin. It was fun for quite a while but everyone is grown up and has moved on so what made it fun for me is over. Also with my new hobby playing games is a drain on my time.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2019, 07:28 PM »

Nah I guess i deemed the game a waste of time and threw my laptop in the bin. It was fun for quite a while but everyone is grown up and has moved on so what made it fun for me is over. Also with my new hobby playing games is a drain on my time.

ae Come back man  :(
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2019, 07:43 PM »

You arent playing anything better than worms c@#!.  Come home and get f@#!ed like a good aussie...

you got xbox c@#!?  or ps4?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:45 PM by TheWalrus »