Forums > General discussion

Do you think Worms Armageddon is a waste of time?

<< < (5/7) > >>

TheKomodo:

Rabbzz:
Come one guys just smoke more meth

Perfect:
Waste of time? Get out of here! How many of you were inspired by WA to learn to upgrade your PC, build a website, learn to script, design digital art, and write (literary) about worms.. and there's much more too. Build comradery anybody? Esprit de corps. That's the good old stuff. WA inspires and continues to do so. If you play the game and take something away from it, then where's the waste?

I remember when Anubis built that one site, community.. thing. Can't remember. But i remember the idea and community behind it. I'm sure i wrote about it somewhere.

HHC and his RR Tourneys.. or something tourneys. Its been a few years. Skunk3, TheWalrus, Thekomodo, and the ideas and experiences they put down. Oh, and Rabbzz something spelling too.

And etc.

Waste of time? No.

Anubis:

--- Quote from: Perfect on June 01, 2019, 11:48 PM ---Waste of time? Get out of here! How many of you were inspired by WA to learn to upgrade your PC, build a website, learn to script, design digital art, and write (literary) about worms.. and there's much more too. Build comradery anybody? Esprit de corps. That's the good old stuff. WA inspires and continues to do so. If you play the game and take something away from it, then where's the waste?

I remember when Anubis built that one site, community.. thing. Can't remember. But i remember the idea and community behind it. I'm sure i wrote about it somewhere.

HHC and his RR Tourneys.. or something tourneys. Its been a few years. Skunk3, TheWalrus, Thekomodo, and the ideas and experiences they put down. Oh, and Rabbzz something spelling too.

And etc.

Waste of time? No.

--- End quote ---

I took over the remains of a forum that was supposed to be a WWP League. It hosted more technical stuff about modding kbs and also hosted DarkOne RR tournaments. It was a weekly "magazine" where I talked about W:A and stuff. Didn't last long but I still remember it. :D

Found the name: It was called W:A Land.

Learned a lot about managing communities and people, was Admin in Armageddon League, complaint mod in XTC League. Very cool experiences. :)

skunk3:

--- Quote from: Perfect on June 01, 2019, 11:48 PM ---Waste of time? Get out of here! How many of you were inspired by WA to learn to upgrade your PC, build a website, learn to script, design digital art, and write (literary) about worms.. and there's much more too. Build comradery anybody? Esprit de corps. That's the good old stuff. WA inspires and continues to do so. If you play the game and take something away from it, then where's the waste?

And etc.

Waste of time? No.

--- End quote ---
Hey Perf!!

Just to be clear - I'm not saying that W:A can't be a lot of fun and I didn't have lots of great times playing. What I am saying is that now that I am older I wish that I would have spent far less time playing Worms and instead invested more time into doing more productive things. I think my attitude would be different if I physically lived closer to other players and had the chance to make friends, hang out, and grow to know them well over the years but that never really happened. I've never met anyone from this game and the vast majority of people who I got to know really well from playing with each other for so long all eventually disappeared, and as time marches on, memories fade. I can barely recall details of peoples' lives after playing with them for many hundreds of hours, and I highly doubt they remember much about me. It's kinda 'dust in the wind' at this point and fairly bittersweet.

tl;dr - had loads of fun, but if I could do it all over again i'd spend more time polishing up my real life skills than worms skills

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version