Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:01 AM

Author Topic: Early 2000s  (Read 4786 times)

Offline l7cx1Cl

Re: Early 2000s
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 02:14 AM »
To me, "making it big" in music is having your music well known and respected to the fans/artists/people in the genre you make.

I have no interest in becoming a social media obsessed DJ, or playing at gigs/festivals, I realized this a few years ago when I had a chance to pursue this path, it made me feel uncomfortable and awkward, and I realized I have to make music my way or not at all.

I don't believe to be successful is as hard as you make out, it's simple, you have to give/create something that many other people want to experience, if that is something new/unique and exciting, you have a much bigger chance, I soon realized I do not want to make the kind of music that most people enjoy, my music desires an acquired taste, I don't want to spend every waking hour making music because I have other interests and want to make the music I want to make regardless what people think about it, and like skunk says you need a squeaky clean social media page, and I am far too opinionated to be that successful, i'd end up spending every waking hour debating with people lol.

The problem is, what people actually want, in my opinion what people want kinda sucks... Like skunk said, I think being 'sexy' is quite important to being worldwide famous, which is my biggest dislike of the modern music industry, sex appeal, and most music focusing on the latest trends that change day to day, this is of course talking about mainstream music, the kind that makes people extremely rich and famous, it's all about looking good, feeling cool, but to me music is very spiritual, I don't even like lyrics, i'm all about the pure frequencies and sounds, harmony and adventure it takes you on.

Personally I believe if you love performing with every fibre of your being, you WILL find a way to make a career out of it, regardless of what anyone says, it might take a while but if you love if, it's the journey you enjoy, so time doesn't matter.

I will find continue to find success in music in my own way, I had interest from Nu Venture Records who said they enjoy my music, one of my favourite artists Rameses B has worked with them as well as Veela(an amazing, beautiful female vocalist), however they also said my style doesn't suit the style of their label, they would want me to produce stuff that sounds more mainstream/popular, and that didn't appeal to me, but it was amazing to get such positive feedback from people I greatly admire, to me, that is success because it was one of my personal life dreams/goals to be on that level, even though not everyone will agree :)

THATS TO BAD =\

Offline JayP

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2019, 07:40 PM »
Bi yearly check in? Or 2 years since last checked in who knows... Someone check my last post... Anywho... To those talking about players from the early 2000's if it makes you feel any better I don't recognise most people on this forum with the odd person here or there a stand out. In terms of noobies and all that good conversation around teaching or not teaching. All for teaching and having people learn, but it says more about the state of the game when your desperate to do it rather than folks showing an interest in the game and wanting to learn the classic game types. And being fair the game is 20 years old now, if it was a dog it would have been put to sleep a long time ago. Since ranks went the game went down hill dramatically and what is that now 17 years ago. Let it be okay with those who want to meet up and have a laugh, but it's never going to be anywhere near as great as it was unfortunately.

Skill comes and goes,
But Class is Eternal

Offline Sensei

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2019, 11:16 PM »
I have a vision of hipsters making W:A an e-sports title in a few years. With commentators announcing big rope race playoffs and thousands of viewers cheering for their favorite roper. Woohooo

Offline nino

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2019, 02:16 AM »
aaaaaeeeee    JayP <3
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline JayP

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2019, 10:04 PM »
Oh and one thing I love is it still ranks me as a newbie. So some might consider my thoughts fresh from a young whipper snapper :D
Skill comes and goes,
But Class is Eternal

Offline BConly

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Like JayP, I’m just lurkin around here for my once-every-two-years check in.  Maybe I’ll try to figure out how to hop back on WN one of these days but sounds pretty grim tbh . . .

Offline Anubis

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2019, 10:17 PM »
Like JayP, I’m just lurkin around here for my once-every-two-years check in.  Maybe I’ll try to figure out how to hop back on WN one of these days but sounds pretty grim tbh . . .

I will keep playing warmers until the end (of W:A), all of your roping styles influenced me and I have the freedom and physical gift to not let it rust away. Hopefully I can still rope in 20+ years, even if nobody is there to appreciate it anymore, I will enjoy it regardless.

Offline BConly

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 03:47 AM »

I will keep playing warmers until the end (of W:A), all of your roping styles influenced me and I have the freedom and physical gift to not let it rust away. Hopefully I can still rope in 20+ years, even if nobody is there to appreciate it anymore, I will enjoy it regardless.

:D ;D