Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:58 PM

Author Topic: elite vs intermediate  (Read 8710 times)

Re: elite vs intermediate
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 01:38 AM »
Thanks domi / dark. Though dark, lots of intermediate players in nnnl rarely play elite, so you could say the elite gap hasn't closed as well ;0

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 10:03 AM »
I don't disagree with Mablak thought I'd like to add prespective by typing what I think makes Intermediate easier than Elite (which doesn't mean Intermediate is an easier scheme, on the whole scheme of things)

The influence of creativty in intermediate is much more relevant than in Elite, having more resources gives more chances for great turns that many people just can't see/perform - in theory there are more options for a particular kill and thus the chances of coming up with one are bigger. In elite sometimes you hit a barrier, you're losing, and there's virtually no way for you to make a reasoanble come back, regardless of your skill level, this is a double edged sword in practice, since even though more tools makes your life easier (providing you can constantly come up with great turns) it also makes defending yourself more of a chore.

The amount of movement weapons trivializes the clock in many turns regardless of the fact that many perfect turns require the whole turn time and even more which in turn allows for mistakes in planning your movement: failing a jump 4 or 5 times might not have consequences, this is more unlikely in Elite.

Longer turns also allow for more thinking time though I still acknowledge there's more to think about.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Mablak wins the discussion Random00 xD
worm and learn

Offline Joschi

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 10:53 PM »
God damn, so many text for a simple assumption: Intermediate rocks! I hope to play very soon with some of you guys ;-)

Offline Koras

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 11:49 PM »
failing a jump 4 or 5 times might not have consequences, this is more unlikely in Elite.
lol, if U fail a jump 4 or 5 times U dont have any chances to win..... especially if U are playing vs good player.
Let me quess U didnt play intermediate at all  :)
It should be discussion between guys who know something about both of this schemmes. Unfortunately I am not one of them  :-[
Maciuś for president!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:50 PM by Koras »

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 12:23 AM »
Well I think what ropa meant was 'hard jumps', on weird pixels/angles etc, 4-5 jumps ruin your entire turn in elite and in inter you can try more ;).

Offline pr

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 12:43 AM »
That's like 8-ball and Russian billiard.
If you miss a shot in 8-ball you lose a game or even several rounds.
If you miss a shot in a Russian billiard you are OK.

Offline Dario

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 12:46 AM »
Way to describe it, Mablak (hats off).
I'd like to add the fact that in Intermediate you not only have the chance to put to work a lot of knowledge and many small tricks/skills, but these lesser skills are extremely important in the game. Most people tend to think "why the hell do I need to learn something I will rarely ever use?" and fail to see the fact that there are so many "things you will rarely ever use" that the addition of many of them is a "skill" (to put a name on it) that you will be using in every round. In fact this "skill" is a very important one, because it gives you the chance to plan moves that your opponent just can't see.
The number and diversity of these lesser skills is so unbelievable wide that I dare to say that through years of constantly researching I've managed to learn a lot of them. So many that I actually should have them written down somewhere because it's impossible for me to remember everything and it isn't strange to find myself in a situation knowing what trick I need, but not being able to remember exactly how to do it.
More over I am sure there are still things that nobody knows. 3 years ago some of us used to think there were no more tricks to discover and master... fools :p .
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 03:03 AM »
In bng you can win cheaply soon as you have mastered 3secs. But if you learn all the possible shots. Know your winds, you floor banks, you normal bounces you have an advantage as you sometimes need these shots.

Same for inter. Theres many tricks and skills to learn with a wider range of weapons, with lg and none lg options. I used to play inter competitively but I don't really have the time to focus on it anymore. Its a nice scheme and i'll always enjoy playing it as a natural born defaulter.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 08:50 AM »
failing a jump 4 or 5 times might not have consequences, this is more unlikely in Elite.
lol, if U fail a jump 4 or 5 times U dont have any chances to win..... especially if U are playing vs good player.
It should be discussion between guys who know something about both of this schemmes. Unfortunately I am not one of them  :-[
Maciuś for president!

Oh, you're free to guess all you want, it's a chance you're free to take.

Failing a jump doesn't mean you lose the turn, sorry if I didn't make that statement idiot proof.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:28 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 09:39 AM »
Maciuś for president!

Failing a jump doesn't mean you lose the turn, sorry if I didn't make that statement idiot proof.

Nice to have thee back

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Maciuś for president!

Nice to have thee back

Doubletime - I think I remember you man, from before I left! Good times! You were very good at defaults schemes right? Yeah I think I remember? How have you been? I hope you're good man!

What clan are you in right now? Still playing worms actively?

I hope your father is out of jail already for raping your mother (his sister).

Cheers inbred
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Free

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 01:47 PM »
I think it's totally personal matter. Which skill-sets you appreciate more? Where one might see more utilitily as a good thing, one might see it as negative etc.

And what most of here really need to ask themselves is the fact do they really know what they are trying to compare? You might be really in-depth about one scheme, but it's doubtful you're really in-depth about the other scheme too. You think you might be, but you need to know the scheme from the core in order to draw "realistic conclusions".

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Can someone aplaud me so i haev -200 karma points thank you ?

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 02:28 PM »
I think it's totally personal matter.

You might be really in-depth about one scheme, but it's doubtful you're really in-depth about the other scheme too. You think you might be, but you need to know the scheme from the core in order to draw "realistic conclusions".

That's what I was talking about, NNN's come here and praise the inter, eliters do the same for their scheme, not much of a constructive talk here and definitely not much of a conclusion. ;)

IMO the only player here who fits your criterias, free, is mablak, and as he's right on some point, he didn't bash elite like some of you assumed!