Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:55 AM

Author Topic: Feeling nostalgic - it's been a while  (Read 3910 times)

Offline varialheelflip

Re: Feeling nostalgic - it's been a while
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 04:08 AM »
WA is in the air...

Hey BC, hey Var.

:-*

Hey KRD! 2 things real quick as I hyjack this thread:

1. Dude, nice job on the worms2d.info/people page. And to anyone else that contributed, that is friggen awesome.
2. Dude, nice job on "The History of Warmers" map. I played on that last night and it brought back such great memories. Well done.

And back to BC.. ;D

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 08:54 AM »
WA is in the air...

Hey BC, hey Var.

:-*

Hey KRD! 2 things real quick as I hyjack this thread:

1. Dude, nice job on the worms2d.info/people page. And to anyone else that contributed, that is friggen awesome.
2. Dude, nice job on "The History of Warmers" map. I played on that last night and it brought back such great memories. Well done.

And back to BC.. ;D
Varial, that people section is an openwiki.  There is a lot of it written by people individually, ive done about 10 entries for people or so.  Go and post info to your hearts content, the more the better.

Offline BConly

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 04:31 PM »
whatup var!  KRD!

Pretty hectic schedule today but might try to hop on wnet later tonight...

Offline franz

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 12:37 PM »
Damn, really has been a long time SPeeD aNGeL

Offline BConly

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 05:45 AM »
heya flow - long time no see!  need to figure out how to watch replays on a mac... maybe that'll be a project tmw night

Offline HHC

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 03:41 PM »
ow, didnt know you were in susuii too bconly, i only remember like 2 or 3 members  :-[

those were good days eh? we were one of the top clans back then, even going 50-0 one season with DoN's. Seems like ages ago  :)

Offline Free

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 04:21 PM »
Bring back susuii!

Offline varialheelflip

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 03:09 AM »
those were good days eh? we were one of the top clans back then, even going 50-0 one season with DoN's. Seems like ages ago  :)

because it WAS ages ago hhc  :D

Offline deejay

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 06:21 AM »
Holy shit :o

ahoy BC ;)

Offline avirex

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 02:45 PM »
btw BC, if you came on wnet, and found no one, thats because your coming during shit hours...

you need to figure out prime time...

for me, it anywhere between 2:00pm, and 6:00pm those are usually good hours, i live in Connecticut, so do the math and figure out your hours... 

but even still, wnet is not what it used to be.

Offline BConly

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 04:57 PM »

but even still, wnet is not what it used to be.

Even though I haven't run into anybody i know, I'm still surprised at how many people/games there are... when I left in the early 2000s, there was a long period where it was a struggle to find ANYBODY to play with.

Whatup dj!

Offline deejay

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 08:47 PM »
been a while mate, :)

yeah worms is pretty active now, but as avi said theres only about 8 hours a day when the skilled players are online.

We need some more oldschool ropers!! COME BACK BC <3 hehe.

Welcome back sir! hope you stay for a bit :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 09:04 PM »
WN is more active now then when bc left it.. Just think back when you were a kid avi, it was much different then because of your own interception of things. You have to keep that in mind when comparing over such a long timeperiod. But yes, i also miss the times. Of playinng worms when i was a kid, ofcourse. Who wouldn't

Offline Anubis

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 09:24 PM »
Avi is 28, 2004 (I definitely remember you played at that time still) when BC left Avi was 19, so he wasn't a kid with childish memories and since I am the same age I can also recall a "better" time in 2004 than in 2013 especially if you consider that BConly is a roper/warmer like me. Last monday I wanted to have a game before the dentist and I waited 30 minutes spamming someone to host something with roping other than shopper and at the end I joined a random hysteria game (omg I know).. that's something which would have been unbelievable in 2004.

W:A might be more active than 2004, but it is not of better quality (let the smites rain on me! xD).  ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:26 PM by Anubis »

Offline deejay

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 09:51 PM »
Avi is 28, 2004 (I definitely remember you played at that time still) when BC left Avi was 19, so he wasn't a kid with childish memories and since I am the same age I can also recall a "better" time in 2004 than in 2013 especially if you consider that BConly is a roper/warmer like me. Last monday I wanted to have a game before the dentist and I waited 30 minutes spamming someone to host something with roping other than shopper and at the end I joined a random hysteria game (omg I know).. that's something which would have been unbelievable in 2004.

W:A might be more active than 2004, but it is not of better quality (let the smites rain on me! xD).  ;D

Agreed, the overall quality of wormers has gone way down. there may be as many wormers but over 80% of them are noobs.(No offense to anyone here)