Forums
April 24, 2024, 06:05 PM

Author Topic: Request to make HostingBuddy open source  (Read 538 times)

Offline Stressfish

Request to make HostingBuddy open source
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:20 PM »
Is there any chance to make the source code of the HostingBuddy-Bot open source, so I can host it on my servers and set up my own map-database behind?

I'm sure there are some dev's in the community who can contribute to improve it, too.

The problems with HostingBuddy and wmdb.org are severe and exist for 2 months now.

Please let the community help itself.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Request to make HostingBuddy open source
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:31 PM »
I think it's a good idea. Certain maps are chosen by HB over and over again. Open-sourcing it could allow a community-maintained blocklist or voting system to reduce the appearance of maps that are crappy or just don't work properly. The random map picker could also be modified to not choose the same map more than once in the same session.

Also, maybe somebody could use the sourcecode to make a Project X hosting bot. Anything that can help bring PX to the masses would be very beneficial to WA's longevity, in my opinion. I'm sure there would be tons of benefits to open-sourcing HB that we can't fully predict right now. If nothing else it would reduce hosting costs on the centralized HB server.