Forums
May 31, 2020, 09:11 AM

Author Topic: Ghost Replays  (Read 335 times)

Offline Nonentity

• World record holder for the longest Mexican Flip

• Norway Norway
  • sX sX clan

• View Profile
Ghost Replays
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:00 PM »
Ghost Replays

How to use:
  • Press Ctrl + N at any point after the start of the turn and before the start of the next turn to create a ghost.
  • The ghost file is located in User/Ghosts/n, where n is the largest numbered folder in the Ghosts directory.
  • The ghost file in the largest numbered folder is the one that will play at the start of the turn.
  • Ghosts can be created ingame or from replays.
  • The transparency values in wkGhostReplays.ini range from 0 to 100.

Known issues and limitations:
  • One ghost can be played at a time.
  • The only sprites implemented are midair and rope attached.
  • Rope collision is not implemented.
  • Alt, Esc and Win key hides the ghost, this is a workaround to allow minimizing and quitting, the ghost can be brought back with Ctrl + Q.
  • Only supports DirectX 9.
  • Unstable recording of ghost if Vsync is enabled.
  • No map recognition, ghosts will play on any map.
  • The position of the ghost is unaffected by the chat window.
  • Unoptimized ghost files.

Version: 0.3.1.1
Download
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:20 AM by Nonentity »

Offline Sensei

Re: Ghost Replays
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 02:08 PM »
Lol! Last night was playing with Cueshark and was telling him how angry I am on you to give us a sneak peak of this module months ago and then disappear! As he mentioned, this one should be game changer.

Great work man, thank you!
Collection of twitch interviews, league clanners and CWT matches.

Click to join Worms Armageddon community on Discord Server!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:27 PM »
Nice one! Managed to get the "WAghost" file created, but not sure how to replay it during a game. Is there a special key combination?

Edit: Managed to get it working. Misread the first line as needing to press Ctrl+N twice, but you only need to do it once and it creates the ghost from the beginning of the turn up until the point you press Ctrl+N.

Also, disabling both vsync settings prevents the ghost from flickering if anyone has that issue. There is screen tearing without vsync, but you can disable it, create a ghost using a replay file, then enable vsync again for racing against it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 04:08 PM by LEGi0N »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:52 PM »
This looks awesome! So far I haven't been able to make it work. My ghosts folder stays empty no matter what I do. I have all wk modules disabled except GhostReplays. Both vsync options off and using Direct3d9shader.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 05:27 PM »
This module will likely be more incompatible when 3.8 releases in the coming days.

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: flesh, blood, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust."

Offline philie

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 10:36 PM »
eh, i dont get it...

so i press ctrl+n (once) during a replay and it records the current turn as ghost. right?
(at least a WAghost file gets created)

and then i start a game and the ghost should load automatically? at least it doesnt with me...

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 01:52 AM »
Which version of the game is this for? I'm using 3.7.2.1 CD version. Maybe it only works on the Steam version?

Also I assume you're supposed to press Ctrl+N during your actual turn, but can you also press it during a replay, so you don't mess up your run?

Offline philie

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 09:05 AM »
Which version of the game is this for? I'm using 3.7.2.1 CD version.

yea, me too.
anyway, with the wk in my wa-folder, every game crashes after a few mins. without the wk, everything is fine.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 11:38 AM »
Which version of the game is this for? I'm using 3.7.2.1 CD version.

yea, me too.
anyway, with the wk in my wa-folder, every game crashes after a few mins. without the wk, everything is fine.

That's weird. Maybe graphics from advanced settings interfeer with wkghost. Try setting them on direct3d 9 shader and turn off vsyncs if you didn't.
Collection of twitch interviews, league clanners and CWT matches.

Click to join Worms Armageddon community on Discord Server!

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Which version of the game is this for? I'm using 3.7.2.1 CD version. Maybe it only works on the Steam version?

Also I assume you're supposed to press Ctrl+N during your actual turn, but can you also press it during a replay, so you don't mess up your run?

Works on non steam version. And yes, it works from replay too.

yea, me too.
It crashes when I shift+esc or alt+F4 (sometimes), but no crash if I press escape and minimize on game button.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:19 AM by pavlepavle »