Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:31 PM

Author Topic: Ghost Replays 0.4.1  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Masta

Ghost Replays 0.4.1
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:00 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:39 PM by Masta »

Offline Sensei

Re: Ghost Replays
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 02:08 PM »
Lol! Last night was playing with Cueshark and was telling him how angry I am on you to give us a sneak peak of this module months ago and then disappear! As he mentioned, this one should be game changer.

Great work man, thank you!

Offline LEGi0N

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:27 PM »
Nice one! Managed to get the "WAghost" file created, but not sure how to replay it during a game. Is there a special key combination?

Edit: Managed to get it working. Misread the first line as needing to press Ctrl+N twice, but you only need to do it once and it creates the ghost from the beginning of the turn up until the point you press Ctrl+N.

Also, disabling both vsync settings prevents the ghost from flickering if anyone has that issue. There is screen tearing without vsync, but you can disable it, create a ghost using a replay file, then enable vsync again for racing against it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 04:08 PM by LEGi0N »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:52 PM »
This looks awesome! So far I haven't been able to make it work. My ghosts folder stays empty no matter what I do. I have all wk modules disabled except GhostReplays. Both vsync options off and using Direct3d9shader.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 05:27 PM »
This module will likely be more incompatible when 3.8 releases in the coming days.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline philie

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 10:36 PM »
eh, i dont get it...

so i press ctrl+n (once) during a replay and it records the current turn as ghost. right?
(at least a WAghost file gets created)

and then i start a game and the ghost should load automatically? at least it doesnt with me...

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 01:52 AM »
Which version of the game is this for? I'm using 3.7.2.1 CD version. Maybe it only works on the Steam version?

Also I assume you're supposed to press Ctrl+N during your actual turn, but can you also press it during a replay, so you don't mess up your run?

Offline philie

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 09:05 AM »
Which version of the game is this for? I'm using 3.7.2.1 CD version.

yea, me too.
anyway, with the wk in my wa-folder, every game crashes after a few mins. without the wk, everything is fine.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 11:38 AM »
Which version of the game is this for? I'm using 3.7.2.1 CD version.

yea, me too.
anyway, with the wk in my wa-folder, every game crashes after a few mins. without the wk, everything is fine.

That's weird. Maybe graphics from advanced settings interfeer with wkghost. Try setting them on direct3d 9 shader and turn off vsyncs if you didn't.

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Which version of the game is this for? I'm using 3.7.2.1 CD version. Maybe it only works on the Steam version?

Also I assume you're supposed to press Ctrl+N during your actual turn, but can you also press it during a replay, so you don't mess up your run?

Works on non steam version. And yes, it works from replay too.

yea, me too.
It crashes when I shift+esc or alt+F4 (sometimes), but no crash if I press escape and minimize on game button.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:19 AM by pavlepavle »

Offline philie

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 10:28 PM »
Try setting them on direct3d 9 shader and turn off vsyncs if you didn't.

seems like my standard settings xD

It crashes when I shift+esc or alt+F4 (sometimes), but no crash if I press escape and minimize on game button.

it even crashes, when i just watch a game and dont press anything.

Offline Masta

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 10:58 AM »

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 04:17 PM »
Unfortunate that it does not work for everyone. At this point I am not completely sure why, but I have created a test module which can bring us closer to figuring out why it does not work on all computers.

In the frontend the test module will show Test with a white line under it.
Go ingame and press Ctrl + N. A a still worm should appear below the white line:

[attachment=1]

Hi man, making the exception for several game crashes due to .dll, your testing module works for me if I press ctrl+n but my Ghost folder is still empty.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Same as rUn4w4y: The testing module works (worm shows up) but Ghosts folder remains empty. This is on Windows 7, CD version, 3.7.2.1

Game hangs every time after round ends- black screen with nothing but Test and the worm below it,  must kill process in Task Manager with Ctrl+Alt+Del to exit.

Tried with and without other WK modules - same behaviour in both cases. (I thought game hanging on black screen might have been caused by lack of d3d9wnd but it isn't - it's caused by GhostReplaysTest)

Tried also on my Win10 PC - WA notifies on startup it failed to load  wkGhostReplays.dll
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:00 PM by j0e »

Offline Masta

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2020, 12:51 PM »