Forums
May 14, 2024, 11:43 AM

Author Topic: Terrain-damage-radius vs real-damage-radius  (Read 1467 times)

Offline ky

Terrain-damage-radius vs real-damage-radius
« on: November 02, 2015, 09:45 PM »
Hello guys,
Was wondering about this today. Easier to explain with a pic, see attached please.

Basically in the pic we see the hole in the terrain from a (mole) explosion, but worms slightly outside of that hole would still be hit... (Like Mulder worm standing on a girder) So there must be two different radiuses (radii? :D) (the green radius is just my guess for illustration!)

Was wondering if these two have correct names (terrain, blast, damage?..) AND how big is the larger radius? Is it 125% of terrain one? 150%, 200%, different for every single weapon?..

Since there's things like rubberworm and ProjectX nowadays that have tapped into the underlying code of the game, thought to ask and see if this had already been determined by anybody. Any pointers?  ::)

Offline XanKriegor

Re: Terrain-damage-radius vs real-damage-radius
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 03:00 AM »
Yes, there is a diffirence between these two radiuses. HHG has biggest difference, as i noticed.

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 03:23 AM »

Offline DMT

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 02:21 AM »
What if we can tweak the settings so the terrain damage would only be like 50% and the worms flying off the map

Offline ky

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 03:42 AM »
well, this question seems to be a dump off the bat. Oh well  :D

@XanKriegor, thanks for the input.

@DMT, yeah, I don't know where the tweak developers take feature suggestions, or if any development is active at all, but i doubt they'll see your suggestion here..

Cheers all

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 06:43 AM »
well, this question seems to be a dump off the bat. Oh well  :D

@XanKriegor, thanks for the input.

@DMT, yeah, I don't know where the tweak developers take feature suggestions, or if any development is active at all, but i doubt they'll see your suggestion here..

Cheers all
if you really want to know, pm deadcode or cybershadow.  i dont think they cruise these forums a lot, and if they have the time, im sure they can answer your question.  I can tell you from experience it varies from weapon to weapon, there is not set % in terms of terrain damage vs explosion radius.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 09:40 AM »
Im pretty sure its exact same.. regardless of if terain is blown or not...     The parts of the worms effected by blast its not the same as the shape of worm... Like if you walk ontop of another worm they overlap a little bit. I think the true shape is a like a coffin or weird rectangle type shape.

Also alot of things in this game come down to a single pixel, maybe you are just misunderstood ?

EDIT...

here check this out http://worms2d.info/User:Etho/Physics_Engine

here is worms true shape
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
   XXXXX
   XXXXX
   XXXXX
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:48 AM by pizzasheet »

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 09:51 AM »
http://worms2d.info/Worm_Walking

You are right.

A worm's collision mask looks like this:
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
   XXXXX
   XXXXX
   XXXXX
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:52 AM by XanKriegor »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 06:00 PM »
Im pretty sure its exact same.. regardless of if terain is blown or not...     The parts of the worms effected by blast its not the same as the shape of worm... Like if you walk ontop of another worm they overlap a little bit. I think the true shape is a like a coffin or weird rectangle type shape.

Also alot of things in this game come down to a single pixel, maybe you are just misunderstood ?

EDIT...

here check this out http://worms2d.info/User:Etho/Physics_Engine

here is worms true shape
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
 XXXXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
  XXXXXXX
   XXXXX
   XXXXX
   XXXXX
wtf pizza someone should revoke your license to post on these forums.  this isnt what he asked, you are posting while high as a kite again you goddamn hippie.  go back inside your dmt smoking tent.

Offline ky

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 11:23 PM »
 :D

@TheWalrus, Started playing mole shoppers lately, the first destructible terrain game i was ever into. I kind of just wanted to make sure i'm not behind on something everybody else already knows.
Since nobody really does, i can live without it too.  ;D Thanks for the tips

@pizzasheet,@XanKriegor - thx for the physics lessons too  ;D