Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:51 PM

Author Topic: GUESS WHOS BACK, BACK AGAIN  (Read 2659 times)

Offline RobOne4

GUESS WHOS BACK, BACK AGAIN
« on: January 03, 2021, 11:05 PM »
So its been about 4 years since I last found you guys and said hi. I honestly forgot about Worms again. Then something happened. My son came running downstairs and said him and his friend were going to download this game called Worms Rumble on PS4. I said STOP! Im a legend in worms. So I had to tell him stories of my worming days and showed him a video of roping. Then I decided to post here and tell you guys about it. But for those of you who remember my 1337 elite skills. Let him know his dad was one of the greats. Also how are you all doing?

Offline HHC

Re: GUESS WHOS BACK, BACK AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 11:29 PM »
Hey rob  8)

Reminds me of SouthPark's Randy in the guitarhero episode..

I'm gonna be a bitter old man :(

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 11:36 PM »
I was so ready to go up there and school him on the game. Then he started a death match game and i realized this is not the game I loved. I tried showing him videos and he kept telling me its 2021 dad. That is old. This is how things are now. Now I want to download WA and get some roping in on my MBP

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 11:43 PM »
is it even possible to play on a Mac? Probably not. So I guess the boy will only get stories of my greatness and never actually witness it.

Offline nino

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 11:59 PM »
is it even possible to play on a Mac? Probably not. So I guess the boy will only get stories of my greatness and never actually witness it.

It is, there are many ways but for me the best one was install windows with bootcamp and then just install and play ae
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 12:11 AM »

It is, there are many ways but for me the best one was install windows with bootcamp and then just install and play ae

eh that might be dicey for me. Ive got an OLLLD macbook pro 2010. Not trying to do too much to the old boy.

Offline StepS

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 08:55 PM »
If you have not updated it to Catalina or later, you can just install wine (32-bit), then run the game with the latest update. The easiest way might be getting the installer from GOG (unfortunately the -75% sale ran out a few hours ago) and installing via their installer if you don't want to mess with the CD install and updates. It should work with no additional tweaks in windowed mode. (See this guide)

If you are on macOS Catalina or newer, you cannot play unless you use CrossOver (commercial software), or parallels/bootcamp/etc.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 01:50 PM »
When kid is about to play Worms Rumble, you should show up with laptop and start roping.. That's how we convert them.

Welcome back dude.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 02:06 AM »
rob whats good

Offline skunk3

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 04:24 PM »
Worms Rumble is asscheeks... I mean it's okay for a mindless deathmatch sort of game but it definitely ain't Worms. Buy a cheap potato of a PC and play W:A!

Offline biscojoe

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 06:13 PM »
Worms Rumble is asscheeks... I mean it's okay for a mindless deathmatch sort of game but it definitely ain't Worms. Buy a cheap potato of a PC and play W:A!

any worms game that isn't W:A is asscheeks haha

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 06:57 AM »
working on this mac install. Wish me luck

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 09:44 PM »
If you have not updated it to Catalina or later, you can just install wine (32-bit), then run the game with the latest update. The easiest way might be getting the installer from GOG (unfortunately the -75% sale ran out a few hours ago) and installing via their installer if you don't want to mess with the CD install and updates. It should work with no additional tweaks in windowed mode. (See this guide)

If you are on macOS Catalina or newer, you cannot play unless you use CrossOver (commercial software), or parallels/bootcamp/etc.

im running into a syntax error when installing the GOG version. Dont know hot to fix that. Its not recognizing where im telling it to get the file. All my file info matches up perfectly but still syntax error.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 04:34 PM »
hi RobOne4.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline RobOne4

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2021, 06:08 AM »
so i got this thing installed and i fired it up for the first time and then i realized. UHHHHHH I need a keyboard because my mbp does have F keys. This is turning into a whole thing. Ill see if I have something laying around the house. so annoying.