Forums
April 23, 2024, 07:10 AM

Poll

Have you ever met a player you only know because of Worms in real life?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Have you ever met someone you know from Worms in real life?  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Rocket

Re: Have you ever met someone you know from Worms in real life?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 05:46 AM »
Poor me, never met anyone as have never left my country :(
But even seeing some ukrainian wormers around on Wormnet, never planned to meet for a beer in real life. It seems I gotta change my approach to WA  ;D
Imotep - the legendary worm sends his greeting!

(o)(o)
oo
\__/
( )
( )_
\_____\_

Offline RollerTH

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 07:15 AM »
Thankfully I never did because I wasn't even middle school age when I was very active on TUS and wormnet. On the other hand I used to talk to random grown men online daily yet no one ever sent me any weird or inappropriate messages and everyone was super friendly despite my odd and aggressive behavior. I guess that's why I loved Worms so much and trusted it
enough to be my only source of social interaction

Offline Kradie

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2022, 07:31 AM »
One of the most unique was when I met mil2. For some reason and just like Kins, he never ever played again. I thought he enjoyed it.
Kins still plays, we play BIG RR z a lot.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Kradie

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2022, 02:31 PM »
Kradie, at first I thought you were just an idiot. Now I can see you just have autism. Really explains a lot.

Tell me more about Kins.
I don't understand how this has to do with anything.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2022, 02:45 PM »
Thankfully I never did because I wasn't even middle school age when I was very active on TUS and wormnet. On the other hand I used to talk to random grown men online daily yet no one ever sent me any weird or inappropriate messages and everyone was super friendly despite my odd and aggressive behavior. I guess that's why I loved Worms so much and trusted it
enough to be my only source of social interaction

It's very strange to me that back in the active years, around 2012 wormnet had many players who were young children, around the age of 12-14. Nowadays we don't really have youngster players anymore.
Back in 2011 when I spent playing 9-10 months on wormnet, I was 17 years old and I remember we had lots of kids playing the Shoppers :D
Now we have fathers playing team17 TRL :P

Offline oScarDiAnno

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2022, 05:28 PM »
I guess I truly got a chance of one in a million haha, met someone who turned out to be within 1 kilometer of me. Was amazing!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:33 PM by oScarDiAnno »

Offline nino

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2022, 08:35 PM »
Countless. Check the photos thread, you will find some wormer meetings there.

One of the most unique was when I met mil2. For some reason and just like Kins, he never ever played again. I thought he enjoyed it.

your meeting with Avi was the best, he was seeling drugs, stoped, to get on car to meet you!!! the odd thing was the slap he did on dainas butt!!! avi is so rude!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 10:23 PM »
are lalo and diana a couple? - i'd wish they'd come back for some games! maybe real time ttrr will get them back

weird that mil2 stopped playing.

Offline nino

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 10:42 PM »
are lalo and diana a couple? - i'd wish they'd come back for some games! maybe real time ttrr will get them back

weird that mil2 stopped playing.

They were ae frango23

Mil2 stoped cos puto iam sure.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2022, 08:37 PM »
It seems a lot of people already met someone in real life! :)

I used to go to the yogurt shop at Pescara owned by MrKaos years ago before i even used to play wa, therefore i didn’t know it was him, i also met PincoPallino once

Wow, I had no idea the author of Kaos Normal scheme had a yogurt shop. What a coincidence you had, I would be very surprised discovering this!

Not yet but I planned to meet Professor 2 times. I was dating a girl from his city, he missed it both times.
Maybe next time!  :D

lol Porto Alegre is nice, I've been there once. I didn't know wormers from there, though.

who did you meet foxhound?

sbs in Argentina - Mar del Plata. His real name is Sebastian, also called Sebas.

Countless. Check the photos thread, you will find some wormer meetings there.

Can you provide the link? I'm not finding it easily with the search. I can search more, but that will take a good time.

Kins still plays, we play BIG RR z a lot.

lalo was refering to the previous comment Kinslayer made, in which the person he was meeting stopped playing WA after the encounter. Similarly this happened with lalo, because mil2 stopped playing as well. That's what he was trying to say. He knows Kinslayer is playing now. I agree that his sentence out of context could be interpreted like Kinslayer stopped playing, though.

I guess I truly got a chance of one in a million haha, met someone who turned out to be within 1 kilometer of me. Was amazing!

That's like finding Armageddon in Team17, or actually even more difficult than that!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 08:56 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Anubis

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2022, 09:53 AM »
I met a lot of German Worms players including:

DarK
ramirez
MoD (walnut movie creator)
Turan (GIGA Grandslam winner)
Rebell (BkA Member)
SupremE (best German warmer prior to me)

My mother also met:

DarK
Turan
Rebell

My brother met nino when he called him by phone.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 09:56 AM by Anubis »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2022, 10:08 AM »
SupremE (best German warmer prior to me)

Yeah, we know you're the best.  Last 15 years of your w:a career has been about mentioning that on forums. :)

Offline nino

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2022, 12:11 PM »
My brother met nino when he called him by phone.

I Thought it was your dad hauhauahua my mistake was ask for anubis!!! he was like who the hell is anubis!!!??? huahuahauha

When i called Dibz his sister who answered was the same thing.."Dibz please...." whaaat???? hauhau
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 12:23 PM by nino »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2022, 11:16 PM »
I have never met any others from worms, only RopeR/Morgoth who is my childhood friend. I was once invited by this guy named ronaldinho, if anyone remembers him, he was hosting a small lan event with a prize pool. I think it must have been in 2004. I was 14 years old and I really wanted to go, but my mum wouldn't let me. I guess she was afraid I'd be f@#!ed sideways by him and his french buddies. Who can blame her?

Offline nino

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2022, 05:20 PM »
I guess she was afraid I'd be f@#!ed sideways by him and his french buddies. Who can blame her?

Well she did not want to see her kid happy? huahua ae puto!!!

Remember when you were about to meet peja to sexy party too.