Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:02 AM

Author Topic: Can't remap my keys to any combo without having a keylock on my laptop. HELP!  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Free

I finally got rid off my screenlag problems (thanks for the help everyone involved!)

I still have keylock though and I've tried all kinds of remap key combinations (remapped space, arrow keys etc.) to get rid of it but problem still persist.

Is there any way around it or is it simply a hardware issue? My laptop is oldish (eMachines E625, for anyone interested).

Does anyone have any ideas that might help me out?

Offline StepS

eMachines E625
lol, mine is 525, I have keylocks for Space+Up+Left and Space+Down+Right, but that never prevented me from roping fast and fine, just like without keylock 8) it's just about how you use your fingers
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Free

Yeah I'll get used to it but it still handicaps me.

Isn't there anything I can do this fix this?

Yeah I know, get new KB but I'd like to fix this ASAP.

Offline chakkman

Keylock is always hardware related, no way you can fix this.

Offline Free

Keylock is always hardware related, no way you can fix this.

It's not always hardware related, I've had other keyboards with keylock and by switching space to some other key would take away the keylock.

Seems like in this case it's hardware related. :(

Offline chakkman

Well you asked if there is any way you can fix this, or if it is a hardware issue, so i said keylock is always a hardware issue, what it is... what you mean is that different keyboards have different kind of keylocks, which is right of course. You will not be able to bypass a keylock with some kind of software though, that's what i wanted to say by saying it is hardware related.

Offline StepS

well, not only space, arrows, etc, have keylocks. of course there are a LOT more on the letterpad etc, you just may not know. so yep, when it comes to remapping you also need to know the other keylocks...
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
http://www.gigahype.com/nkey-rollover-test-page/

Find a combination not affected by the rollover -> remap keys to that combination -> profit.

Offline Free

http://www.gigahype.com/nkey-rollover-test-page/

Find a combination not affected by the rollover -> remap keys to that combination -> profit.

My savior!! That program helped. Some keys didn't respond but some did so now I can rope without keylock.

Thanks. :)

Offline Riviva

• Poland Poland
    • View Profile
go to ---> computer Service, say --->  "I want to delete my keylock", pay ---> 5-10 $, and will be happy with out keylock
the only way to get rid of it, programs work only in the system, not the game :D