Forums
April 24, 2024, 01:45 PM

Author Topic: HostingBuddy updated  (Read 7765 times)

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: HostingBuddy updated
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 02:18 PM »
!tusmap and !tusscheme are working now. The intermittent (~daily) crashes should be fixed as well. Still working on this :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:48 PM by CyberShadow »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Thanks a lot!

I'll prepare the !tushelp containing the list of commands and then announce it.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 01:57 PM »
I've closed off a mechanism of abuse (players joining a channel, hosting a game with an inflammatory title, leaving, changing nicks, repeat). HostingBuddy will now close games if their owner leaves the channel or WormNET. Let me know if something goes wrong (e.g. HostingBuddy closing a game while you are joining it).

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2015, 04:43 PM »
I've added a new !url command, which works similarly to W:A's built-it /url command. This command is accessible to all players, and will print the wa:// URL needed to join the game. The game has to be open for it to work, of course. Unlike /url, you will need to select and copy (with Ctrl+C) the URL manually.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2016, 07:15 AM »
I have two suggestions for HB improvements:

-Holes on mole shopper maps hosted with HB do not seem to be randomized correctly. Without testing exhaustively I think they are always the same.

-If possible please display map dimensions in green text along with the other info (# colors, holes etc).

Thanks!!!!

Offline aik

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 08:59 AM »
-Holes on mole shopper maps hosted with HB do not seem to be randomized correctly. Without testing exhaustively I think they are always the same.

Isn't that the case if you host w/o hostingbuddy, too? I think it's a worms issue, not hostingbuddy…
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline StepS

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2016, 09:50 AM »
That's because those maps have a predefined seed in them, in their waLV chunk. So that's normal, unless you change the seed yourself.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2016, 12:51 PM »

-If possible please display map dimensions in green text along with the other info (# colors, holes etc).

Thanks!!!!

Added, please try it. You can change the hole seed with "!seed hole random" followed by a "!reload".

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2016, 01:51 PM »
f@#! hosting buddies and snoopers, please instead make http://snoop.wormnet.net/  available to host by.   Ppl get lazy and lazy, and this thing could help and even make more activity, believe me

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2016, 02:41 PM »

Thanks!!!!

Added, please try it. You can change the hole seed with "!seed hole random" followed by a "!reload".
Works beautifully. This removes the guesswork out of hosting "bigger than regular but not unplayably huge" maps. The seed hole command works great too. Very nice work. Thank you CyberShadow!

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2017, 09:07 PM »

Thanks!!!!

Works beautifully. This removes the guesswork out of hosting "bigger than regular but not unplayably huge" maps. The seed hole command works great too. Very nice work. Thank you CyberShadow!

Hey Cybershadow, could you possibly create a "!holes" command which combines the "!seed hole random" and "!reload" commands?

All mole shoppers, burning girders, and holy wars hosted with HB should by default force a random seed even when the map is changed. Even if this has unforeseen negative effects on certain maps, the benefits would outweigh those problems.

And the commands should be added to http://worms2d.info/HostingBuddy. Currently nobody knows about "!seed hole random" command because it's too long, it's not in the wiki, and because it requires a !reload.

I for one greatly appreciate the work you've done already upgrading HB. Adding the ability to see things like number of colors and holes was huge. And creating it/hosting it in general. I am one of the people blocked at ISP level who cannot host without HB or WormNAT.