Forums
April 16, 2024, 11:56 PM

Author Topic: how do i edit backdrop in worms armageddon?  (Read 686 times)

Offline SolidSunny954

how do i edit backdrop in worms armageddon?
« on: July 06, 2017, 07:03 AM »
i'm trying to change the main menu background for WA, The custom backdrop.bmp i made is not what i wanted to be.
i changed it to red, when i started wa. it's not red at all. & when i go to a different menu, it changed colors.
what am i doing wrong? please reply

Offline StepS

Re: how do i edit backdrop in worms armageddon?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:14 AM »
This is because all frontend graphics use specific spots in the color palette. With backdrop it's a black-blue gradient near the end of the palette.
To force a different color, you need Worms.NET PAL Editor. Open the .pal file corresponding to the frontend screen (Singleplayer, Network, etc...) that you want to modify. You must do this for every frontend screen separately.
Alternatively, you may want to try this red background mod. It already does what you wanted to do. Replace all the .pal files in your graphics folder with the provided ones.
Keep in mind that a few frontend screens, such as WormNET, may share backdrop colors. On WormNET, there are a lot of country flags, for example. All with a multitude of colors. Changing the backdrop palette may lead to display errors with those country flags. However, graphics packages in SuperFrontendHD have been designed specifically to minimize the risk of color errors when you modify the backdrop. The only places where you may see minor glitches are Weapon Editor and WormNET.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:19 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline SolidSunny954

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 01:05 AM »
This is because all frontend graphics use specific spots in the color palette. With backdrop it's a black-blue gradient near the end of the palette.
To force a different color, you need Worms.NET PAL Editor. Open the .pal file corresponding to the frontend screen (Singleplayer, Network, etc...) that you want to modify. You must do this for every frontend screen separately.
Alternatively, you may want to try this red background mod. It already does what you wanted to do. Replace all the .pal files in your graphics folder with the provided ones.
Keep in mind that a few frontend screens, such as WormNET, may share backdrop colors. On WormNET, there are a lot of country flags, for example. All with a multitude of colors. Changing the backdrop palette may lead to display errors with those country flags. However, graphics packages in SuperFrontendHD have been designed specifically to minimize the risk of color errors when you modify the backdrop. The only places where you may see minor glitches are Weapon Editor and WormNET.

i need the file names for each thing, please?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 07:31 AM »
And for me, a step-by-step tutorial on how to recreate this but with other colors