Die within 10 years.
20 (21.1%)
10+ years.
15 (15.8%)
20+ years.
10 (10.5%)
30+ years.
1 (1.1%)
40+ years (longer than most of us will live)
34 (35.8%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: How long will W:A survive?  (Read 10080 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: How long will W:A survive?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 12:36 AM »
10+, I say about 12-14 more years.

I think we've reached the half life.

Offline KungPow

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 01:26 AM »
I voted 40+ for the optimism :D, I still want to see this game active when I'm old. Even with a not-so-big community compared to games from nowadays, oldschoolers keep coming back and newbies who improve stick online. I say that TUS also plays a big part keeping WormNET alive.

If you stop and think about how gaming industry has evolved since 1999, it's practically a miracle a game like this still gets attention. I think it's because WA is like one of these games that have a particular version that shines over the other (newer) ones, much like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis).

In my opinion, the game will stay alive as long as it's made compatible with current systems. Or... Until Team17 makes a new Worms game with improved graphics and WA's mechanics and new features. I don't know about you guys, but I can't hook myself up on newer Worms games (like Reloaded or Revolution) without being disgusted at the mechanics. WA's engine is the peak of versatility in any game, you can play in thousands of ways and still have fun (who in the world could have thought of creating something like Abnormal? Killing your own worms? It's awesome!)

Long live Worms Armageddon!
Killing is wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word for killing. Like Badwrong. Or Badong. Yes! Killing is Badong. I will now stand for the opposite of killing: Gnodab.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 01:37 AM »
Retro games will never die... pacman and tetris are not dead...

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Kradie

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 01:47 AM »
Way to go KungPow! Speeches like  that are lacking these days! Thumbs up bro ^^  We two have had a fair share of conversation about this online and I agree and I believe in your words man. :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Hurz

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 03:13 AM »
I voted 40+ for the optimism :D, I still want to see this game active when I'm old. Even with a not-so-big community compared to games from nowadays, oldschoolers keep coming back and newbies who improve stick online. I say that TUS also plays a big part keeping WormNET alive.

If you stop and think about how gaming industry has evolved since 1999, it's practically a miracle a game like this still gets attention. I think it's because WA is like one of these games that have a particular version that shines over the other (newer) ones, much like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis).

In my opinion, the game will stay alive as long as it's made compatible with current systems. Or... Until Team17 makes a new Worms game with improved graphics and WA's mechanics and new features. I don't know about you guys, but I can't hook myself up on newer Worms games (like Reloaded or Revolution) without being disgusted at the mechanics. WA's engine is the peak of versatility in any game, you can play in thousands of ways and still have fun (who in the world could have thought of creating something like Abnormal? Killing your own worms? It's awesome!)

Long live Worms Armageddon!

w:a is a part of my life and i believe in it :)

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 08:40 AM »
Just as I feared. :'(

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Triad

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 01:47 PM »
I would say 5-10 for current WA but I think if devs releases 4.0 it will last longer. Voted 20+

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 01:51 PM »
(who in the world could have thought of creating something like Abnormal? Killing your own worms? It's awesome!)

Wimp Lo.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 01:53 PM »
I would say 5-10 for current WA but I think if devs releases 4.0 it will last longer. Voted 20+

I actually agree with that coming to think about it, if 4.0 actually gets released and you can play together in real time, and the other features, it would spring so much more life into this game and give another 10-20 years!

*fingers crossed*

Offline Kradie

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 02:01 PM »

I actually agree with that coming to think about it, if 4.0 actually gets released and you can play together in real time, and the other features, it would spring so much more life into this game and give another 10-20 years!

*fingers crossed*

Once upon a time I heard someone say that will never happen and this was very recent. Though I am not sure if his word have a lot of credibility.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Korydex

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 02:19 PM »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 02:46 PM »

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 04:25 PM »
It'll probably last for more than 40 years, with constant updates by Deadcode, Cybershadow, and any of their successors, should one or both of thme die. I'm 15, so I will probably survive longer than 40 years after today. In fact, WA might as well last forever, since it is so great that it could end up being the longest lasting video game in human history!
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline KungPow

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 05:21 PM »
(who in the world could have thought of creating something like Abnormal? Killing your own worms? It's awesome!)

Wimp Lo.

You're right!  :D
Killing is wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word for killing. Like Badwrong. Or Badong. Yes! Killing is Badong. I will now stand for the opposite of killing: Gnodab.

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 05:28 PM »
1. lets figure out whats "dying" in terms of computer game, if we want to find out, how long it can survive
even the fact of a person's death is controversial, usually, when the last neuron loses its activity we consider the man as dead, interpreting it on computer games, a unit of activity can always restore its activity, as if a person could at any time rise from the grave. This means that in order to know the date of the game death, it is necessary to know not only the events of the present, but also all the events of the future, during the existence of mankind, so we can clearly call the death time
this leads to the conclusion that computer games is in fact timeless, as you can reborn them at any time, so date of end of the world will be the date of the end of the game
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 05:32 PM by Impossible »