Die within 10 years.
20 (21.1%)
10+ years.
15 (15.8%)
20+ years.
10 (10.5%)
30+ years.
1 (1.1%)
40+ years (longer than most of us will live)
34 (35.8%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: How long will W:A survive?  (Read 10177 times)

Offline Anubis

How long will W:A survive?
« on: September 25, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Just a fun poll of what the community thinks, I personally think it will go for another 10 years, slowly dying off similar to w2, a couple of super hardcore dedicated players (PeJa comes to my mind and Komo). What are your thoughts? :)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: How long will W:A survive?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 04:48 PM »
I would say 5-10 years(but that wasn't there lol).

I think when the current younger generation grows up, get jobs/girlfriends, gaming will have advanced by then no more younger generation will play, at least not enough to consider worthy to keep running the online server.

By then will only be a handful of people may still meet up to play LAN games or something.

Personally I won't play much longer, I still love the game but music is slowly taking over :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Your right there's no 5-10. :D I will edit it in.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 04:59 PM »
If TUS die is kinda the half path for it.
Edit: My vote is 10+ years.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:06 PM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline HHC

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 05:08 PM »
I also think 5-10 roughly.

I can see it going like this for quite a while still. But as soon as the activity starts to drop below a certain number it's gonna go real fast.

I think nearly everyone who ever wanted WA has played the game by now, so the influx is gonna decrease from here. That and the old players not really showing in AG nemore.. can't really get better nemore can it?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 06:26 PM »
There are a lot of young passionate players among us. We should not dismiss the possible fact that they may show the same devotion as older players. While I agree that older are players are one of the reasons for Worms Armageddon's success, I do not believe their decline in numbers will determine WA's online activity.
If I remember correctly, back in 2004 Worms Armageddon had like 60+ players in AG, that number haven't changed much  The high peak of players are always in the afternoon for me.

A lot of older players binds WA's with their nostalgia and may grown tired of it. Hence the experience they once had are no longer present, and therefor they say ''WA is dead''
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 01:00 PM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Anubis

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 07:09 PM »
back in 2004 most people in #AG were actually in it to PLAY, nowadays half of it (even more) are snoopers that just idle there. That's my impression when I look who's online.

Offline ANO

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 07:22 PM »
I have always imagined to meet us and play during christmas holidays after retirement auhauuah

Offline Ryan

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 09:02 PM »
As long as someone challenges me to a RR, I will play.
It is about keeping it competitive.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 09:59 PM »
dS will keep it up :D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 10:08 PM »
back in 2004 most people in #AG were actually in it to PLAY, nowadays half of it (even more) are snoopers that just idle there. That's my impression when I look who's online.
While this fairly accurate, people are fairly picky of who they mingle with. It's not like your averege old schooler make friends with a newbie. OF course _I can be mistaken- Then again, it just boils down to the fact that people likes to play who they already know.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 10:14 PM »

This is probably the thing that pisses me off the most about the internet, especially a games channel where people are looking for games.

I don't mind people sitting there with snooper while they are actually playing a game, or AFK for 5-10 minutes while toilet or shop.

But the people who leave snooper on and they aren't even there, for hours, should just f**k off :(

It's probably the most retarded thing about IRC #Worms also, it's a channel where 99% of people aren't even there...

I asked before "Why are you even connected to IRC if you are not available to chat?" the reply I always get "I can reply when I see the message" - USE F**KING EMAIL THEN YOU DAFT C**T!!!!

So yeah, that's my stance on idleness  :o

Offline rU`

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 11:42 PM »
Lol, I'm the only one who voted +20 years for now.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 11:53 PM »

This is probably the thing that pisses me off the most about the internet, especially a games channel where people are looking for games.

I don't mind people sitting there with snooper while they are actually playing a game, or AFK for 5-10 minutes while toilet or shop.

But the people who leave snooper on and they aren't even there, for hours, should just f**k off :(

It's probably the most retarded thing about IRC #Worms also, it's a channel where 99% of people aren't even there...

I asked before "Why are you even connected to IRC if you are not available to chat?" the reply I always get "I can reply when I see the message" - USE F**KING EMAIL THEN YOU DAFT C**T!!!!

So yeah, that's my stance on idleness  :o

countless pms i sent to ppl like steps sid zex n ltk, ya :D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 12:34 AM »
Lol, I'm the only one who voted +20 years for now.

rU, your choice is unique :) Keep it up bro ;)

Though Optimism is always welcome and I encourage it :)