Forums > General discussion

How much longer will you play?

<< < (5/7) > >>

TheKomodo:
Xrayez, hook me up to make the audio stuff!

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: Sensei on October 06, 2017, 05:42 PM ---Can we get some heads ups xray? You tube video or at least some notes about the project you're working on?

Btw, apparently W:A community have lots of ppl that are good in the field of programming. Did any of you ever asked CS and DC to help them with updates? At least they could give some "tasks" to few members of community to fasten up the process and take a load of their backs. That seems to have much more sense than developing W:A copies :/ At least to me.

Or maybe they're just too strict about their bussines and don't want anybody's help :)
We, as players, have really small amount of information about what's happening. It gets frustrating at times..

--- End quote ---

I will consider creating a separate thread introducing a first playable. So far I can say is that I'm working on the core features, namely:

* Loading maps into the world, mostly png with RGBA support, other formats should work as the game engine handles conversion automatically
* Loaded maps are converted from bitmap to vector objects, allowing for static and dynamic bodies! I considered implementing bitmap, but realized that I want something new, even though it cost me a lot of work.
As the physics is not based on bitmap collision detection as in W:A (?) but rather vector-based physics, the process of land destruction and building is pretty complex and involves many steps of optimization.
Vector-based collision detection and physics is far more superior than simple pixel-perfect detection. At the end, I'd like to have a game where one can interact with everything.

Ropes is another big topic I'll try to implement as close as possible to W:A rope.

I don't really know what CS and DC are working on, they are probably stuck with their own architecture, and that means cool features like I described would be hard to implement in the existing codebase. Besides, I have put a lot of work to turn back, I've been working on this stuff for at least 7 months. I take it as a learning project that might end up something good.

Xrayez:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on October 06, 2017, 06:06 PM ---Xrayez, hook me up to make the audio stuff!

--- End quote ---

Sure, I knew you'd be excited! Good sound and visuals are crucial, it will make or break the gaming experience no matter the gameplay.

TheWalrus:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on October 06, 2017, 06:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheKomodo on October 06, 2017, 06:06 PM ---Xrayez, hook me up to make the audio stuff!

--- End quote ---

Sure, I knew you'd be excited! Good sound and visuals are crucial, it will make or break the gaming experience no matter the gameplay.

--- End quote ---
im in too, will write the worm dialogue.  i have some dirty limericks i havent used yet. 

voltage:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on October 05, 2017, 08:41 AM ---The biggest problem is obsessive behaviour, doctor convinced me to take up a course on mental wellbeing which will begin soon and I hope will help me become mentally stronger.

--- End quote ---
I can somewhat relate to obsessive behaviour because I've had some OCD-like symptoms in the past but that has been one of my smallest problems as the symptoms were relatively mild. Actually I have a "crazy" idea. I will start a topic about mental illnesses and share you my story. Hopefully the course will help you :)

Anyway, I'm planning to come back to W:A. At least for some games every now and then, even if there are just a few people playing these days :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version