Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:36 PM

Author Topic: How much longer will you play?  (Read 2610 times)

Offline TheKaren

How much longer will you play?
« on: October 05, 2017, 07:23 AM »
Twyst Tournaments has been the most fun i've had since dS Tours, before that it was BnG, which came after Warmers.

This game is amazing, however my favourite schemes are ones where there aren't enough other players involved...

I've been trying to talk dS guys into starting up dS Tours again, but so far only like 4 people interested, the rest are either too lazy or just not interested anymore, fair enough...

Most depressing, for so many years the community had more than enough players to make Clanners ridiculously active, but we refused to split up/change clans, it's got to the point where there are only 4 clans left that still take it seriously, dt/cfc/dP/TdC, and look how active we 4 even are...

Recently I discovered remapKeys which finally sparked interest in TTRR and for a moment was so excited at the thought of practising this and how good I became, then it dawned on me, nobody cares, there aren't enough people to even play with and have fun, have to change f**king schemes 20 times a day to suit whoever is online, I never get to play what I want when I want anymore, many people are in the same situation...

Every time I get excited recently and think "Time to play WA!", is shortly followed by "Where the f**k is everyone, Why the f**k is everything lagging, WHERE THE F**K IS 4.0???"

Streaming is the best thing ever! But what's the point when only 5 people watch... And while even that, is cool imo, I could be doing so much more for so many more people...

Personally, i'm going to attempt to move away from gaming completely after i've finished all the events i'm currently a part of.

I'm going to give this PC away to someone who can make better use of it,

I will eventually give my Logitech k740 keyboard to someone as well, seeing as it's useless without WA...

Give every single game/console I have to charity and stick with my laptop/music.

I want to start my life over again...

I'm curious as to how everyone else is feeling, what their plans are, how long they think they will play?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:25 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Triad

Re: How much longer will you play?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:04 AM »
What? Don't leave. :( I was about to make a comeback this Sunday  since I will have a router from Saturday, so I can finally host without wkwormnat2.

People always lose interest at some point but they always make a comeback. You might regret if you give all your gaming equipment away.

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 08:27 AM »
The upside of Worms's customisability is that we have a hundred different games to play, the downside is that the community is therefore divided, creating the strange situation where two guys could bump into each other in a supermarket, discover to their excitement that they both play WA, but then realise they don't have any schemes in common.

I'm lucky I'm an inter player because I can generally find at least one opponent online. Rope/shoppa kidz will have the same experience.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:41 AM »
Triad, trust me, that's exactly what I keep telling myself, I love this community, only reason to still play is because of the friends I have, perhaps myself and other people are the same reason other people continue to play as well, who knows...

I'm not saying this just because i'm i've temporary lost control of my emotions and this is in the heat of the moment, i'm saying it because i'm fed up losing control of my emotions and my life.

I've came to realize that while i'm extremely generous, gifted, talented, and beloved by many in life, i've also been extremely selfish, bitter, jealous and hated by many in life.

The biggest problem is obsessive behaviour, doctor convinced me to take up a course on mental wellbeing which will begin soon and I hope will help me become mentally stronger.

One of my biggest problems in life, I am sure most of you will agree with, is my inability to let things go... Look what happens when I don't get green, and that's the smallest issue.

This year I fell in love, it's hands down the best experience i've ever had in my life, it changed me in a way never thought possible, for the 1st time in my life I thought about having a family, we had everything planned out, everyone said we brought out the best in each other, everyone was happy for us, it was such a perfect relationship until both our mential issues took over and ruined everything after 1 accident. Then I went through the darkest time i've ever had in my life, and i'm still struggling to get back on my feet.

I really do know what I want in life now, and i'm never gonna get it unless I conquer myself.

I thought long and hard about what the 1st change would be, some of you might understand how hard this is for me to do, some of you might not, but from now on I won't choose my colour when playing WA, i'm going to completely ignore it, even now as I write this i'm feeling sick, hopefully none of you will EVER have to feel the horrible things i've had to endure over what to most of you is a simple easy, careless decision, to me it feels like everything and I hate that...

The reason is simple, my music is beginning to take off, and there is NO WAY the industry is gonna put up with me if I act the way I have on WA sometimes, and i'll never find the love of my life and have a family because how can I ever raise a child if I can't even help myself? I got so much to offer the world if I can let go of obsessiveness and addiction. I want to be the good me not the bad me.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:43 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 08:46 AM »
I will play till the end of the world, even if in ag only sheriffbot left I will ask him to play, and I am kinda sure he will reply " Obey the law of the land and you should be fine."   This game costed me like 7 razer tarantula's kbs and now when i finally found good one there is no one left for clanners :D 

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Well, gonna be around for at least another 7 weeks(Twyst Tournaments).

Will try some Clanners in that time.

And of course, this isn't a "I'm quitting and not coming back" thread, but in the end really trying to make my gaming a "few hours a week/month thing" instead of full time job hours...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:05 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 10:07 AM »

Really feeling this right now...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 12:16 PM »
Then you should listen this and feel better. ;)

Offline nino

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 01:05 PM »
well komo that feeling of goig to ag looking for some games happens to me almost everytime i go there, then i leave and comeback after many days.

about the others problems u mentioned ae, which has to do with ur life, be strong ae, everything will be ok ull see, if u need to talk catch me ae.

gl puto!

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 01:12 PM »
I have finally bought laptop, a month ago, so no more worrying of power outage. I'm in hope for playing some clanners. ;)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 04:40 PM »
I will play till the end of the world, even if in ag only sheriffbot left I will ask him to play, and I am kinda sure he will reply " Obey the law of the land and you should be fine."   This game costed me like 7 razer tarantula's kbs and now when i finally found good one there is no one left for clanners :D
Thats a MAN !! clap clap  8)

Jaja, im so soo old to play this game, some of my friends get in shock when i say im playing WORMS ;D
Btw my daughter is growing and watching me playing, she wanna play this awesome game, then... OFC, I will be "here" or in AG# for the rest of my life.
Peace putillas  :-*

And Komo ... stop being a typical Scottish and move ur ass, life is waiting you OUTSIDE ^^ A big hug.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 05:08 PM »
love worms, wont quit, im an addict, will play forever with kins on ag

Offline Sensei

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 05:31 PM »
love worms, wont quit

Time to revive "applaud" button.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 05:38 PM »
When you are heavily invested in something, it is more disappointing when it doesn't live up to your expectations.

I only play 1-2 times a month (or on call) and it feels fresh and less affected by how much I enjoy the game. It is a small investment and every now and again I really enjoy it, as if it is a nice surprise.

Accept things the way they are, play less to give you more time to focus on what you want out of life. That waot in #AG will be far less painful and real problems/challenges can be tackled with the time you save  :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:44 PM by Ryan »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 01:33 AM »
My problem is I can't play in moderation, also what ryan said, I expect too much and keep feeling let down and disappointed, so ofc I'll always be around but definitely need a break soon.

Still gonna get rid of all my other stuff.