Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:02 AM

Author Topic: I have a question regarding this WA on steam  (Read 1053 times)

I have a question regarding this WA on steam
« on: October 05, 2012, 08:06 PM »
So I'm still convinced my terrible lags are because I have a very high tech video card and worms is an old game so it gets rendered shitty... Anyway, if I buy the Worms Armageddon on steam, is there anyway that version would be compatible with my video card since a lot of gamers use steam and stuff? Or is this a retarded question?
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline chakkman

Re: I have a question regarding this WA on steam
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:07 PM »
No and no. :) Actually i even know of a case in which the Steam version of W:A causes lags, while the normal version didn't. I'm pretty convinced that W:A in combination with Vista and 7 causes lags, sometimes due to the sidebar thing being activated, or other services running in the background. What you could try is to activate background services you don't need, google for it, there are some tutorials and info about the several services on the net. What you could also try (worked for me once on Vista) is to set the WA.exe process priority higher (in the Windows task manager). Not guaranteed that that works though. Also you could try and fiddle with the ingame options of W:A. And if nothing helps, you could also try this: http://worms2d.info/Emulating_Worms_Armageddon.

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Just wait until the CD version is updated to include the new renderer, Shy. You'll know more then.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 03:56 AM »
Do you think that'll fix it, KRD? And chak, i've tried all of that before.. nothing works.. I've been investigating this issue for like over a year now.. When does this CD update come out?

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 05:20 AM »
Should be soon now, that's all we know.

And yeah, because this new renderer is (in theory at least) a little more robust, some of the palette and other graphical issues will go away... but I can't tell you whether yours will. Heck, I don't even know if your problems really have anything to do with your graphics card, despite trying to figure it out when you posted on the T17 Forum a while back.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 12:48 PM »
Isn't "investigating that issue for over a year" and "very high tech video card" contradicting? I doubt it's a video card issue. Tell me which video card you are using, I can test that card for you in the PC Shop, which OS do you use with that card? I will report back if W:A worked.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:50 PM by DeathInFire »

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 05:46 PM »
NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 540M   
OS Windows 7

I guess it is a contradiction since the video card is now 1 year old since I got it, but the only reasonable explanations I have gotten were that I had some fancy video card and WA used an old rendering or buffering method that my card doesn't support or something... Check it out tho, Anu, if it's not too much trouble... My one friend has the exact same computer as I do and WA won't even start properly on his

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 03:23 PM »
aww how cute, shy's one and only friend has the exact same computer as him!! do you guys wear the same t-shits too? :D

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 06:11 PM »
aww how funny.. did you think of me as your friend when you wrote that huge ass letter from prison and sent it to me? <3

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 09:41 PM »
lolololz!!! n1!!!

to answer you question!! i did think of you as my friend at that time... until you did not write back, then i realized you were not my friend!!! :(

hauhauha jk

Offline Anubis

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 10:38 PM »
NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 540M   
OS Windows 7

I guess it is a contradiction since the video card is now 1 year old since I got it, but the only reasonable explanations I have gotten were that I had some fancy video card and WA used an old rendering or buffering method that my card doesn't support or something... Check it out tho, Anu, if it's not too much trouble... My one friend has the exact same computer as I do and WA won't even start properly on his

Oh, it's a notebook video card. Nvm then, I thought you meant some desktop video card not some mobile video card. May I ask why you don't get a cheap desktop PC? We have some cheap Core2Duos with Geforce 9800GT and 2GB of RAM for like 200 Euros.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:40 PM by DeathInFire »

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 11:08 PM »
This laptop was $1000, plays everything else so nicely and I use it for college so I needed something portable.. Just got a Macbook Pro for my major's program.. Not looking to spend more money on computers

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 12:29 PM »
I think it's better to go with CD's (or download if you're yarharharharhar), especially when it comes to online games. I never really liked the idea of going through a client to launch games, for some reason.

It feels better to have the actual CD and I suppose you can add it to steam if you get one on CD too?

For me, I downloaded it but that's just because it's so hard getting the game legit here in Sweden. I will try and get it legally of course.. the game deserves it!
Former xANKAx member.