Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:39 PM

Poll

Should the module be made public?

Yes. Allow people to try it out.
6 (20.7%)
No. I am worried people will use it against me.
11 (37.9%)
Yes. Make it closed source and implement a command that activates the feature and notifies others (similar to /arrows).
9 (31%)
Yes. Just make it not display random mine fuses even when they are triggered.
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: March 30, 2018, 04:38 PM

Author Topic: I made a new WormKit module. Should I release it? Details inside.  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Jengu

I made a module that shows mine fuses in-game just like in replays. Should the module be made public? It provides a potential advantage in schemes with random mines enabled. The fuse for random mines are shown once the mine is triggered.

Only 1 of 31 official league schemes uses random mines. That's aerial. The module would be open source like my last module.

Offline XanKriegor

Re: I made a new WormKit module. Should I release it? Details inside.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 04:47 PM »
As for me it should be made as /Arrows command, i.e. with a notification in the chat . But then - no opensource, coz anyone can edit it and use w/o informing others. CrateFinder and this module have similar assistance effect and therefore should work similarly - with a chat message.

Offline Jengu

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:54 PM »
As for me it should be made as /Arrows command, i.e. with a notification in the chat . But then - no opensource, coz anyone can edit it and use w/o informing others. CrateFinder and this module have similar assistance effect and therefore should work similarly - with a chat message.

Added your suggestion to the poll.

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 06:05 PM »
This is cheating software Jengu. I will delete it if I see you post it here, and I'll give you a warning as bonus  ;D

I wasn't sure about this before, cos naab, but yes, it has been established as 100% cheat, so it's 0-tolerance from now.  :-[

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 07:44 PM »
I think you should release it for fun purposes

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:15 AM »
most players here use such cheats for years lol

I once set myself a fake nick of Br4yn, and wrote on his behalf to his clanmate: "a new update for worms came out, do you already have a cheatpack for it?" and he actually sent me a wkcheatpacket.dll xD then I googled, and it turned out the cheatpack has long been in the public domain

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 10:07 AM »
I made a module that shows mine fuses in-game just like in replays. Should the module be made public? It provides a potential advantage in schemes with random mines enabled. The fuse for random mines are shown once the mine is triggered.

Only 1 of 31 official league schemes uses random mines. That's aerial. The module would be open source like my last module.

I play offline all the time so it'd be great to have it

Offline Korydex

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 11:21 AM »
iirc its possible to enter that command in offline game first and then it will still work in all further online games

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Anyway, assuming all your opponents use this module AND using this module by oneself solves all problems.

Offline StepS

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 05:06 PM »
iirc its possible to enter that command in offline game first and then it will still work in all further online games
That's no longer possible, fixed ages ago.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Yes, but make it tell people about itself.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Sensei

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 09:40 PM »
competitive schemes really dont have random mines, so i dont know why people are concerned with cheating

Offline SiD

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 10:20 PM »
If the fuse for random mines is only shown after it's been triggered, I don't see much of an advantage to be had (I might be missing something).

I agreed with HHC when he said wkWater should be made an official feature.
I would say the same for this too.

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 03:42 PM »
It could help when timing a jp mine knock in aerial after you collected a double turn time crate. Cant think of anything else useful with this module