Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:33 AM

Author Topic: I need help with some ports  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Crok

I need help with some ports
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Hello.
I recently came to college, and most of the ports in the dorm, if not all, are blocked. I wrote a request to the admin to open, among others, the worms port, for me, that being 17011. Well, now I can log into worm-net, but only with snooper, and it can`t view the player list, or the chat box, only the hosted games list. I can enter a game, but only with direct IP connection, and it sometimes lags me out.
Can anyone tell me which other ports I have to open to play without problems ?
"I'm not a threat, unless it's like, to a pizza." - Philip DeFranco

Offline THeDoGG

Re: I need help with some ports
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Lol do you mean you want to play Worms at college ??
I've tried too to play gunbound from school, but it was blocked, a lot of things are blocked i cant even play facebook poker... looks like they dont want us to play.. maybe they want us to work ?  :o

Anyway i think you should ask this in T17 forums, they will be more able to answer you :)
GL

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:56 PM »
As far as I know opening ports are for hosting. You gotta be able to join/play games.

My last ISP wouldn't let me login to wormnet by the game menus. I used to connect with prosnooper. However I found Wheatsnooper handles connecting to servers better. At least my experience.

have you tried wheat?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:37 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Crok

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:34 PM »
no, I haven`t. I`ll give it a try and get back to you.
Oh, and for Thedogg : I only want to play on weekends and wednesdays, not every day, but I will have a couple of days free every now and then. I won`t have a pc at home since I brought it here, so at least I`ll play a bit that way :).

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 06:13 AM »
I can advise you to visit T17 forum, since their staff can give everyone answers.

Offline Crok

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 07:18 PM »
thanks for the help guys, the people at t17 managed to help (or so I think). :D