Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:05 PM

Author Topic: Ideas for the next patch.  (Read 4411 times)

Offline SpideR

Re: Ideas for the next patch.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Teamspeak
-Push to talk: One button activate/desactivate voice messages, for example 'alt gr'
-Option to enable it for all in-game, for private chat ip-ip, for teams ip-ip
-Make it so it doesn't lag the game, teamspeak doesn't lag for example
-Recording of audio (match history): recorded in one single file with 0,5 secs pause between each voice message.

What you think? I'd really love it.

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Teamspeak
-Push to talk: One button activate/desactivate voice messages, for example 'alt gr'
-Option to enable it for all in-game, for private chat ip-ip, for teams ip-ip
-Make it so it doesn't lag the game, teamspeak doesn't lag for example
-Recording of audio (match history): recorded in one single file with 0,5 secs pause between each voice message.

What you think? I'd really love it.

cool idea. but this could also annoy. at least one half of wormnet are trollers that can annoy, or some kind of people would be simply kids.
So we definitely would need not only mute button, but "don`t recieve voice data" button :) And ability to do that separately for some players, liek ignore button in chat.

Implementing voice will give us new kind of quitters also and new kind of trollers :) And more laggers. Coz a lot of people doesnt have good enough connection just to play game even. Voice transfer eats much more data, so this can be a problem and couse lagging much.

voice records will also eat a lot of memory on disc. Even if its 1-3mb.. when you have thousands replays - its matter of GB`s. So recording would be as option, though.

Offline Fcrate

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 10:32 PM »
Implementing voice will give us new kind of quitters also and new kind of trollers :) And more laggers. Coz a lot of people doesnt have good enough connection just to play game even. Voice transfer eats much more data, so this can be a problem and couse lagging much.

voice records will also eat a lot of memory on disc. Even if its 1-3mb.. when you have thousands replays - its matter of GB`s. So recording would be as option, though.
True about trollers, I wouldn't go on voice chat with total strangers though, its not really necessary, and teamspeak does the job nicely.
Voice records - I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that, as you say there are trollers who could easily abuse this, teamspeak solves this problem by notifying you if someone is recording.
About lag, I beg to differ, teamspeak can run perfectly and produce great sound quality at 7 KB/s, anyone with any kind of broadband can top that easily, as this isn't a realtime game, latency isn't an issue.

Offline Triad

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 06:50 PM »
you can do those teamspeak stuff via skype too imo. And if voices recorded to replays, replays will be larger and will be pain in the ass for people have slow internet like me. :)

Offline SpideR

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 01:35 AM »
Recordings are really not necessary, but could be done in mp3 format, in a separeted file.
Also there must be a function to mute/unmute in-game.
And invitations to voice chat could be via in-game chat, like for example:

A certain command enable voice chat + f# (for player # in chat order)
The player "Nickname" is asking you to estabilish a voice chat with him, do you want to accept it? Press y, if yes, or n, if no.

Offline Ricky

• India India
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 01:54 AM »
WA really needs online stats ( for personal viewing) similar to what we have for Deathmatch and offline games, anyone agree?

Offline Nodog438

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 02:02 AM »
Make it so the Flags, Graves, Soundbanks and Fanfare drop down menus don't just abruptly end. Also a theme feature where players could make their own WA interface theme and share.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:05 AM by Nodog438 »

Offline tuomatz

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 06:20 AM »
Editing WA menus is already possible.
"People without a vehicle, are like worms without F8" - Aristotle

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 07:36 AM »
WA really needs online stats ( for personal viewing) similar to what we have for Deathmatch and offline games, anyone agree?

we used to have this on wormnet and on t17's website

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 07:44 AM »
cheat protecter could be nice

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 07:50 AM »
what a bunch of shitty shitty suggestions to be honest

thread need more thinking of us and less thinking of me

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Ricky

• India India
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 09:39 AM »

we used to have this on wormnet and on t17's website

Till the time ranks are implemented maybe DC and CS could do an update to allow simple stats like the following;

Games Won
Games Lost
Draws
No Result
Worms Killed
Worms lost in action
Time Spent

I suggest we keep them separate from the rankings so that there will be nothing to gain for someone who intends to fake them.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 10:21 AM »
how the game know if player win ttrr game? dont forget about racing schemes and schemes with special rules like abnormal
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:54 AM by Impossible »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 10:27 AM »
About ranks I don't know anything, but I suggest you to go to #worms and take a look at the topic text ;)

Offline Nodog438

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 02:31 PM »
Editing WA menus is already possible.
Yes, I know, but like a site where people could share their interfaces is what I mean.