Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:28 AM

Author Topic: Ideas for version 3.9 and/or 4.0 update/patch.  (Read 23000 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Ideas for version 3.9 and/or 4.0 update/patch.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 10:05 PM »
  • Possibility to use the setting "Control after rope skimming" enable + activate TESTSTUFF at same time. (When TS is on, "space bar" for rope shot from surf doesn't work :()

Well, TestStuff is now obsolete. It is only useful to play with people who didn't update the scheme to 3.8 or just to save time when you don't want to edit extended scheme options. You can set individually all the features of teststuff using extended scheme options. So you can play the game using all test stuff options you want or remove the ones you don't want and much more without needing to type commands in the lobby. When you type "/ts" the game will be played as version 3.7 and not 3.8, so all extended options will disappear in the game if you type "/ts".
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 10:09 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 11:24 PM »
the ability to remove/kick out unwanted players in-game while hosting with Hostingbuddy would not be a bad idea ::) if the !kick command would work in-game.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 09:51 AM »
the ability to remove/kick out unwanted players in-game while hosting with Hostingbuddy would not be a bad idea ::) if the !kick command would work in-game.
did you use "!help kick" ?

Offline nadiya8040

• Nadiya Bloby Origia

• United States United States
  • I'm Nadiya, Nice to meet you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 12:43 AM »
Since works for 3.9 are already in progress I decide to make some Ideas for the update:

A lot of people plays Project X but this mod doesn't work with 3.8.
My crazy idea is to make Project X working on future WA versions or make it a new feature as Update X (I know, it sounds weird).

I played Project X before, but i wanted to try this one again someday, So those ideas in the topic would sound neat.

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2021, 06:30 AM »
For me Real Time Rope Race would be enough XD. Let's directly jump to the v7.0 pls.

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
  • Wacky Asperger and creator of War'n'Guns.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2021, 12:14 PM »
I played Project X before, but i wanted to try this one again someday, So those ideas in the topic would sound neat.
I tried to make a copy of a old WA with Project X but it didn't work (I even trying some tutorial but it was no use...), I hope someone makes Project X for 3.8 and newer, or better making Project X an actual update for WA.
BTW, I'm glad you interested with my idea in this cool Topic I made.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 05:37 PM »
There's a wormkit module based on PX that people are talking in Discord. Actually it is available for download but I didn't try it yet. I'm not sure if it is officially released, but it is called wkJellyWorm.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:40 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Kradie

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 08:38 PM »
There's a wormkit module based on PX that people are talking in Discord. Actually it is available for download but I didn't try it yet. I'm not sure if it is officially released, but it is called wkJellyWorm.
Where's the link to wkJellyWorm?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 03:39 AM »
I found it, but it was made for 3.8, so in 3.8.1 is not guaranteed that it'll work, also if you read what the uploader said, there is some "burocracy" to do in order to it work. So, the release is not very official, might have some bugs too. If you try it, it would be good to know your experience with it. The link is via Discord, you used to have an account there so you should know it well:

https://discord.com/channels/416225356706480128/416225356706480130/781145274600652821
'

Offline nizikawa

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 04:33 AM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:25 AM by nizikawa »

Offline eule

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 07:46 AM »
wkJellyWorm

wow! So excited! what would you say, how far are you away from release?

also cool of you for doing it on github, i think one of the main problems of project x was that it was closed source and the developer entuser lost the source code on his/her hard drives, so it can't be accessed anymore for modification.

edit:

i just tested wkJellyWorm on a wine emulated worms armageddon, and it works smooth as silk from what i can tell :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 08:04 AM by eule »

Offline nadiya8040

• Nadiya Bloby Origia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 07:52 AM »

Here is source code: https://github.com/nizikawa-worms/wkJellyWorm
And you can download 3.8.1 compatible build here: https://github.com/nizikawa-worms/wkJellyWorm/releases
The module is not ready for official release.

Excellent work. I am looking forward to it. In the meantime, I made a gameplay testing video with this module

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2021, 02:32 PM »
Excellent work. I am looking forward to it. In the meantime, I made a gameplay testing video with this module
Holly sweetness!! Nadiya!! Is good to see you around TUS!!
I remember you making the gameplay of my PPVS2 mod "WAR'N'GUNS BLAST!".

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2021, 02:43 PM »
Sweet! A WormKid Modules based on ProjectX! If you want we should make a topic about the works of ProjectX for 3.8.1 and 3.8.

Offline nadiya8040

• Nadiya Bloby Origia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 12:30 AM »
Holly sweetness!! Nadiya!! Is good to see you around TUS!!
I remember you making the gameplay of my PPVS2 mod "WAR'N'GUNS BLAST!".
Well, I'm back. So I just thought it would be a good time to return there as soon as i've heard a module based on Project X is in works (probably not only the reason). :)

Being a big fan of Worms is truly blessing.