Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:40 PM

Author Topic: Ideas for version 3.9 and/or 4.0 update/patch.  (Read 22976 times)

Offline Lancelot

Re: Ideas for version 3.9 and/or 4.0 update/patch.
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2022, 09:16 AM »
Embed wkTerrainSync module in WA.

Today there is a wide variety of terrains for the module, and this is wonderful. I think it will diversify the gameplay.

Offline King-Gizzard

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2022, 10:56 AM »
Deadcode did confirm that custom terrain support was being worked on.  I don't think the module would ever be embedded as-is, understandably.  But it would be fantastic if the features below could be implemented in an official update:

- Custom terrain support for hosted games (all players download the hosted terrain if they don't have it)

- Custom water colour.  Currently this is implemented by replacing "water.dir" which contains all water gfx and sprites for objects that fall into the water.  An easy-to-use GUI application exists to create the new water.dir files, but essentially only palette information would be needed for the implementation.

- Dual-layer parallax background support.  This is currently implemented by loading a "_back.spr" file which replaces the existing background, and a "back2.spr" file which adds a new layer that sits behind that with parallax motion.  Much larger backgrounds are also allowed which is great.

Offline Wormsheroes

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2022, 06:56 AM »
i don't not if  it's possible but  I will like skin worm as in the worms new generation and too news shemes for rope race too as in worms reloaded with the time who block

Offline Boodle2003

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2022, 05:53 PM »
Advanced weapon options (Worms 2 Style)

homing air strike

Remastered sounds

Update scanner and downloader for non-Steam versions

integrated SuperFrontendHD

fixed intro screen for SuperFrontendHD

Booby trapped crates
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Offline nadiya8040

• Nadiya Bloby Origia

• United States United States
  • I'm Nadiya, Nice to meet you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2022, 01:41 AM »
I still wish there will be a feature that natively allows us to add new unique weapons for Worms Armageddon, just like we do in Project X and wkJellyWorm.

Although, I have something to ask... Any progress for new major update so far?

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2022, 08:32 AM »
I still wish there will be a feature that natively allows us to add new unique weapons for Worms Armageddon, just like we do in Project X and wkJellyWorm.

I would not once again rush the developers, because everything that is done for this game is an exclusively voluntary desire of the players

Online FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2022, 05:20 AM »
What about having some wormkit modules check boxes in the advanced options menu? For example:

Download, install and activate:

✅ wkRealTime
✅ wkSuperfrontendHD
✅ wkTerrainSync
✅ wkSoundbankSync
✅ wkSchemeMakersParadise
✅ wkMorePaletteColours
✅ wkWormOrder
✅wkWormNAT2 ✅ wkProjectX
❌ wkShadowTheWormSayingWormsRumble
❌ wkBoggyBSendingNudes
❌ wkSkunkSayingWAIsOnLifeSupportAgain
✅ wkCyberShadow
✅ wkStepSWeapons
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:28 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline nadiya8040

• Nadiya Bloby Origia

• United States United States
  • I'm Nadiya, Nice to meet you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2022, 07:48 AM »

I would not once again rush the developers, because everything that is done for this game is an exclusively voluntary desire of the players

I apologize about my attitude... as I wasn't meant to rush them but I asked out of from worries.

But yeah, the ideas for the next updates will be promising, to be honest.

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2022, 09:14 AM »
I don't know if there was such a suggestion, but it would be nice to be able to kick players from the game room between rounds - This feature would be very useful for those who play schemes with stockpiling weapons, since in this case there is no way to simply do rehost to get rid of the player who doesn't click on the lamp.

Online FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2022, 12:35 AM »
It would be cool to have a search bar to find maps, schemes, Terrains, soundbanks, etc.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2022, 03:01 PM »
I don't know how difficult it will be to do, and if it's realistic to do.

We need some kind of fight against fake players who use other people's nicknames. Log in to the server using a tus account or registration on some specific official resource (worms2d for example), and use the login password to enter the server. This will solve the problem of fakes that spoil the reputation of the players.

That's why I called it a difficult function, but it is vital because the world, unfortunately, has dirty, inadequate players who abuse other people's nicknames.

Offline Boodle2003

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2022, 10:59 PM »
What about having some wormkit modules check boxes in the advanced options menu? For example:

Download, install and activate:

✅ wkRealTime
✅ wkSuperfrontendHD
✅ wkTerrainSync
✅ wkSoundbankSync
✅ wkSchemeMakersParadise
✅ wkMorePaletteColours
✅ wkWormOrder
✅wkWormNAT2 ✅ wkProjectX
❌ wkShadowTheWormSayingWormsRumble
❌ wkBoggyBSendingNudes
❌ wkSkunkSayingWAIsOnLifeSupportAgain
✅ wkCyberShadow
✅ wkStepSWeapons

You could just integrate all of them.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Online FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2022, 12:33 AM »
Add a scheme option that when you are walking on the edge of a cliff, the worm instantly stops when it reaches the very limit of the land. To fall from the cliff, you would need to press the arrow again to confirm you really want to fall.

This will avoid simple mistakes such as falling, ergo it will save turn time of players, since they will not need to spend several seconds, walking subpixel per subpixel many times to ensure they reached the limit without falling (for precise jumps, overhang shotgun trick, cow against wall, etc). This would also avoid ruining the whole strategy, the whole fun while spectating a competitive play. Yes, because even pro players fall without intention and this is not good to watch on a stream. It might be funny, but in terms of pro play, this is not cool.

It would also help newbies, since they would fall less times and the learning curve would be smaller.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 12:38 AM by FoxHound »
'

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2022, 06:34 AM »
Add a scheme option that when you are walking on the edge of a cliff, the worm instantly stops when it reaches the very limit of the land. To fall from the cliff, you would need to press the arrow again to confirm you really want to fall.

This will avoid simple mistakes such as falling, ergo it will save turn time of players, since they will not need to spend several seconds, walking subpixel per subpixel many times to ensure they reached the limit without falling (for precise jumps, overhang shotgun trick, cow against wall, etc). This would also avoid ruining the whole strategy, the whole fun while spectating a competitive play. Yes, because even pro players fall without intention and this is not good to watch on a stream. It might be funny, but in terms of pro play, this is not cool.

It would also help newbies, since they would fall less times and the learning curve would be smaller.

wkwormorder vibes :D

remember how in the first Hitman games everything used to be more difficult. now since the latest newer Hitmans came out everything gets simpler by adding skills like you press one button on the keyboard and you see through every wall around in 100 yards, giving the locations of enemies around you. games shouldn't be dumbified like this, it drops quality. this has been like this eversince 2012-2022 gamers wants to have an easier time completing things. in the older Hitman games I used to like it very much that you discover everything yourself

^ example, who wants to simplify a game like this, when you can have a challenge. your idea reminded me of this Foxhound

Online FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2022, 03:22 PM »

wkwormorder vibes :D

remember how in the first Hitman games everything used to be more difficult. now since the latest newer Hitmans came out everything gets simpler by adding skills like you press one button on the keyboard and you see through every wall around in 100 yards, giving the locations of enemies around you. games shouldn't be dumbified like this, it drops quality. this has been like this eversince 2012-2022 gamers wants to have an easier time completing things. in the older Hitman games I used to like it very much that you discover everything yourself

^ example, who wants to simplify a game like this, when you can have a challenge. your idea reminded me of this Foxhound

Well, if you're talking about Splinter Cell, I'll talk about Metal Gear Solid. The game is not easy for newbies, so there's the EZ 🔫 (when you play in very easy) to help people learn about the game, without dying and failing all the time (80% of camouflage, stamina regeneration, not noisy, tranquilizer, lazer aim, etc). I'd like to see more newbie-friendly gameplay schemes in WA and I would like to see less stupid mistakes in a game that what matters is the strategy.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 03:27 PM by FoxHound »
'