Forums
April 23, 2024, 03:52 PM

Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Nimmer

I'm back
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:27 PM »
Hi,

Due to the steam release I've re-bought WA after a 10 year break - hello to anyone that remembers me.

Not many people seem to play ropers anymore? Lots of shoppas (which I used to dislike) and standard styles. I guess the game is more diverse now. I have no maps or schemes etc so I think I need to spend an hour browsing this site to get up to speed (thanks to leroy who pointed me this way).

I'm also trying to get a couple of RL friends back into it (Sheriff and BigC) so you might see them knocking around soon!

Nimmer

Offline franz

Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 09:38 PM »
nice :) welcome back

https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/mappack-database/
https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/mappack-120/   5921 maps, a starter pack of sorts in the works

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/?leagues;sort=league;desc   league schemes
check the top right to dl packs --> Download all: [Classic][TEL][HAL][TRL][Free]

Offline darKz

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 09:42 PM »
That's some good news! :) Welcome back sir, hope some of your mates tag along.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline avirex

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:28 PM »
holy shit nimmer...

blast from the past!! :DD 

can ya believe im still playing?  i have had many breaks, but i always come back...

pretty amazing to see ya, and would be awesome to get bigc and sheriff back!!  what was our clan? i cant remember...  3 letter clan :X thats all my memory is giving me

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 03:28 AM »
Haha i remember you nimmer.  And i definitely remember BigCee and sher.  At least the WA steam release had brought one person back, at least.... ;D

Offline Nimmer

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:16 AM »
Thanks for the links Franz.

Avirex> no, I can't believe you are still playing this game! :-). That is dedication, sir. We had a couple of clans, the first (and most embarrassing) was probably BRA. Then we had DX, then we drifted into separate clans.

rehi Walrus :-).

What's this SheriffBot I see on wormnet? Sheriff is going to think he's got a clone lol.

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 08:54 AM »
hey nimmer  :o

:-*

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Thanks for the links Franz.

Avirex> no, I can't believe you are still playing this game! :-). That is dedication, sir. We had a couple of clans, the first (and most embarrassing) was probably BRA. Then we had DX, then we drifted into separate clans.

rehi Walrus :-).

What's this SheriffBot I see on wormnet? Sheriff is going to think he's got a clone lol.
lol agreed.  The sheriffbot kicks people when they flood, its basically a bot that bans people.  It used the be called "TheSheriff", I didn't realize it was a bot at first, and i kept on messaging it.  I pm'ed it thinking it was sher, and it never responded.  I figured it out after awhile  ;D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 09:57 AM »
Hey Nimmer

BigC heh, had forgotten about that nickname already
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 09:17 PM »
I'm sure I played with you at some point!

Hi!
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Nimmer

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 10:57 AM »
hey HHC, conny :-)

I've downloaded snooper and that map pack. Where do I save the maps? I can't see a "map" folder in my WA directory. DATA>Levels? or DATA>Custom?

What are the most popular schemes that I should be practising nowadays?

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 11:05 AM »
WA\User\SavedLevels

Offline HHC

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 11:06 AM »
User > SavedLevels, not DATA.

If you are using the steam version the SavedLevels folder is missing, you need to create it first in the User folder.

Shopper ne?  :D
Whatever you like Nimmer, at TUS we have a classic league with all the old and popular schemes, as well as some stand-alone scheme-specific ones (TEL=elite; HAL=hysteria & aerial). There's also the Cups and Tournaments here at TUS, so no matter what you like, there's competition for it  :)

Offline Nimmer

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 04:46 PM »
Cheers guys.

Well, I remember I used to quite like Elite, but I can't remember what exactly it entailed :-). I'll play a few games and find out I guess.

I won't be playing shoppas ;-P

What on earth is hysteria and aerial?

Offline HHC

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 05:03 PM »
hysteria is 1 sec pilefest  :D
aerial is jetpack warfare with 3 secs on the counter