Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:59 AM

Author Topic: Im going to kill the people at microsoft....  (Read 798 times)

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
Im going to kill the people at microsoft....
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Whenever i save a map in paint. It thinks i want to use it as a picture and not as a map. So the program decides to fill in 5 diffrent shades of black, 1000 diffrent shades of green and red and blue.. Wich drives me insane.

I need to know how to turn it off. How can i save the map without the program trying to mess up the colour of shading. Can someone help me out ?

Offline chakkman

Re: Im going to kill the people at microsoft....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 04:20 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about. Usually if you plan to do a colour map you save the map as .bmp, put it in the import folder on W:A and import it via the map eidtor in game. If you plan to do a B/W map, you gotta use Bitmonkey to make it .bit file as far as i can remember... There are better progs for map making btw. Try The Gimp or Photoshop.

Btw: The problem usually sits in front of the computer. ;) You can blame Bill Gates as well of course....

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
Re: Im going to kill the people at microsoft....
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:02 AM »
Btw: The problem usually sits in front of the computer. ;) You can blame Bill Gates as well of course....

I allready said that i am a noob at pc. But thanks! Bloopy allready told me to save as 24 bit file and import it when it is done =P