Forums
April 19, 2024, 07:09 PM

Author Topic: Is "warmer" a fitting name?!  (Read 1807 times)

Offline TOMT

Is "warmer" a fitting name?!
« on: February 08, 2014, 02:43 PM »
I try to make it a point that "warmer" is a bad name, it's really freestyling in question, I do not warm up for some other scheme when I play, I do freestyling! I often warm up on TTRR maps to play on a "warmer" map afterwards. As I understood, warmer was a scheme the community used to play before Roper games, to get warmed up, but the scheme has advanced to become something else, and a huge bunch(maybe most) of the maps made today aren't made to mimic roper maps. It's time to move and look forward, and I think that "Freestyler" would be a much better name... The old name also confuses new players in my opinion. Have a nice day everyone, I'll go to #AG and host a freestyler!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:44 PM by Kuiper »

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Is "warmer" a fitting name?!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:50 PM »
I try to make it a point that "warmer" is a bad name, it's really freestyling in question, I do not warm up for some other scheme when I play, I do freestyling! I often warm up on TTRR maps to play on a "warmer" map afterwards. As I understood, warmer was a scheme the community used to play before Roper games, to get warmed up, but the scheme has advanced to become something else, and a huge bunch(maybe most) of the maps made today aren't made to mimic roper maps. It's time to move and look forward, and I think that "Freestyler" would be a much better name... The old name also confuses new players in my opinion. Have a nice day everyone, I'll go to #AG and host a freestyler!
groundbreaking shit here.  i think you just re-invented the wheel, sir.

Offline TOMT

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 04:05 PM »

Are you knowingly trying to offend me or just being funny?  :( I'm not trying to re-invent anything... Just think it's a fun idea, and might sound more inviting to potential new ropers!  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 04:36 PM »
playing "warmer" people are usually getting warmer, so the name is ok xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 04:48 PM »

Are you knowingly trying to offend me or just being funny?  :( I'm not trying to re-invent anything... Just think it's a fun idea, and might sound more inviting to potential new ropers!  :)
the idea is fantastically fun, and agree that this idea will lead to increased roping activity through renaming the scheme.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 05:45 PM »
Let's rename elite to quick intermediate, it confuses people and not everyone playing "elite" needs to be elite in W:A. :)

Offline Prankster

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Let's rename elite to quick intermediate, it confuses people and not everyone playing "elite" needs to be elite in W:A. :)

Damnm! Someone should have told me before, I always wanted to play it!

Offline Alien

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 07:41 PM »
nooo don't change it.. sorry bad idea tomt :D

Offline TOMT

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 08:33 PM »
nooo don't change it.. sorry bad idea tomt :D
I already hosted a few freestylers, ended up teaching some guys shadows ;D It's not an official scheme is it? I just thought naming the host freestyler, not change anything :P
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:39 PM by Kuiper »

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 09:55 PM »
I'm not trying to re-invent anything... Just think it's a fun idea, and might sound more inviting to potential new ropers!  :)

Certainly it'll sound more inviting to people who enjoy crap cliché music. :P

Offline TOMT

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 10:23 PM »
I'm not trying to re-invent anything... Just think it's a fun idea, and might sound more inviting to potential new ropers!  :)

Certainly it'll sound more inviting to people who enjoy crap cliché music. :P

hahah ;D

Offline Tomi

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 10:30 PM »

Sorry for off topic xD Btw Freestyling would be good name ;)

Offline Mayhem

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 06:04 AM »
If you host enough of these maybe Baza and Masta will come back!
BRING IT ON!!!!

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 08:21 AM »
tomi xD awesome

Offline Crazy

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Haha, I like Bomfunk MC's, B-Boys&Flygirls and Freestyler are both on one of my yellow minidisks