Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:10 AM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 26322 times)

Offline ShaggY

KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« on: March 09, 2016, 07:55 PM »
After two weeks looking for a keyboard, after a wrong purchase, finally I received my expected keyboard, COUGAR 200K.

I have tested and I can say that this is the best keyboard I have ever used to play, and probably the best keyboard, cost / benefit of the current market.

It is very beautiful and fits well to the notebook as you can see in the picture, the keyboard features rubber that prevent the keyboard from slipping. The keyboard also does not touch on notebook keyboard. He adapted very well.

Offline sock

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 08:01 PM »
nice shaggy :D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 12:36 AM »
I used to use the Cheetah, you have the Cougar, who has the Panther??

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 12:47 AM »
Friend and me are gonna order 2 of these. Doug, et us know flaws of the kb if there are any. 

Offline ShaggY

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 08:44 AM »
I didn't notice any flaws so far, one of the coolest things in that keyboard is the large keys, especially the enter key. It's a standard keyboard.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:51 AM »
Glad you like it dude, now let's roper :)

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline biscuits

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 10:59 PM »
Re-opening this topic that Doug posted since he asked me too based on my decisions about certain keyboards I've used lately :P

For anyone interested in getting a good keyboard for worms, or gaming in general. I will give my 2 cents on what keyboards are nice and what I didn't like about some. Note that this is all user preference and everyone has a feel  for different things so one keyboard might not work best for others and vice versa.

Keyboards used (earliest to latest)

1.) old school ps/2 logitech access multimedia rubber dome kb - this kb was amazing for roping... just wayyyyy too old and tons of input lag, key presses and double taps were good though. Wish they made PS/2 only gaming boards :P

2.) steelseries 6gv2 - this was my first entry level mechanical gaming kb with Cherry MX Black switches. I liked it, but always missed the feel of rubber dome/scissor switch keypresses that you get off a laptop feel. The switch (black) also has a heavy spring so it takes longer to reset after bottoming out the key, which helps with double taps. For a mechanical keyboard, it's cheap and simple, around $90.. so it's a good entry level mech board if you want to go down that path. And has a USB to PS/2 adapter :)

3.) corsair K95 RGB Vengeance - second mechanical keyboard, great for first person shooters and such or if you just want your keyboard to look fancy with backlighting etc. I've been roping on this keyboard for a few months. The switches are Cherry MX Reds, which are linear just like blacks, but have a lower actuation force and lighter spring. I like Blacks a lot more. The feel of a mechanical keyboard is totally different than a rubber dome/scissor switch keyboard.

4.) Logitech K740 Illuminated - Idk why everyone hypes up this keyboard, I experienced issues with it, but it is good nonetheless because of it's scissor switches, at least that's why I think so. I tried 2 different K740's as well and both had same results in the input lag and delayed response of arrow key control. I also experienced keylock on certain keys which is no good for gaming. The F keys above the numbers up top are way too small so it's very hard to press them with memorization in tense moments. The enter key is very small too, not my liking. Some people love this keyboard for the scissor switch keypresses (which resemble basically what a rubber dome keyboard is, membrane keys). I liked the keyboard simply for that purpose, the scissor switches... which leads me to my next keyboard that I will be using and why.

5.) Cougar 200K - Recommended to me by Doug. He currently uses this keyboard and loves it. He has told me the cougar 200k is a beauty, compact, low price, and totally playable. Best part about this keyboard (I have read reviews) is that it provides a very large Enter key, decent sized F keys, and it is gaming oriented which has a 19 key anti-ghosting, so anti-ghosting (no input lag either on the keyboard) is on the important keys, such as Shift+WASD+Space+Arrows+TAB and some more that I forget off the back of my hand. The keyboard uses scissor switch type mechanism just as the K740 does, but without input lag and ghosting and bigger F keys. It's very inexpensive in the USA, I paid $30 + shipping for the keyboard. For a budget keyboard, this is the one to go too.

So in summary, I just wanted to give a little report on the keyboards I've used and such so wormers can kind of get a feel of what they could buy if they are looking to upgrade their equipment.  It's basically what you want in a keyboard, scissor switch or mechanical. All on personal feel and taste.

Cheers,

biscuits
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:41 PM by biscuits »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline aik

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 11:38 PM »
Seems Logitech has now build-in on-purpose key-ghosting in newer versions of their "cheaper" keyboards (so customers have to buy more expensive gaming-keyboards…). A lot of amazon reviews say so – almost was about to buy K740…

My Cougar 200K should arrive tomorrow =) hope I will get my TUS-points to raise over 1000 with it  ;)
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 12:54 AM »
4.) Logitech K740 Illuminated -I tried 2 different K740's as well and both had same results in the input lag and delayed response of arrow key control.

Nah man, you said this at the weekend and I told you it was nonsense, maybe your PC/setup is forcing some weird issue with the keyboard, or it's simply the way you press it that makes it seem slow? When I visit Liam down in England he's fast as hell with his keyboard but I feel like the same thing happens to me that you said happens to you, but I know it's because the way I press the keys differently from him, and he has a mechanical, the ones I don't like so much.

I can assure you there is no "input lag" or "delayed response" in the k740, at least no more than the standard time it takes for any computer to receive any keyboard, but you make it sound like it's ridiculously slow which is most certainly is not!

Now I would consider myself a slow tapper because my roping is based on timing/doing the right thing at the right time instead of spamming spacebar like most people seem to do these days, and yet i've been accused of using script/finger rolling/using multiple spacebars since I got the k740...

Personally speaking it has the fastest response i've ever seen and i've tried tarantula and other crap people suggested.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 04:00 AM »
Beautiful kb man, saw some reviews and im planning to buy this one too considering its very affordable to us brazilians, good choice.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 04:10 AM »
Definitely looks like a nice affordable keyboard. Might have to give it it try. As of tomorrow ill need to figure out what keyboard to buy.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 05:15 AM »
Definitely looks like a nice affordable keyboard. Might have to give it it try. As of tomorrow ill need to figure out what keyboard to buy.
corsair!

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 07:34 AM »
corsair!
Yea that's on my list!

Offline Senator

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 09:31 AM »
Yeah what is that input lag and why do u think Cougar 200k doesn't have it? Anti-ghosting just means u can press certain keys simultaneously.

Cougar 200k is a budget kb after all so it might be less durable.. but for that price it's worth a shot I think.

I'm looking forward to hearing how good it is for roping (Doug has no experience from K740 or mechanical kbs).

Offline ANO

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 09:47 AM »
auhauhauha ASBY auhuah