Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:11 PM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 26315 times)

Offline Triad

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 01:04 PM »
Has anyone tried Trust GXT 280 for WA and other games?

Offline biscuits

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 01:51 PM »
Yeah what is that input lag and why do u think Cougar 200k doesn't have it? Anti-ghosting just means u can press certain keys simultaneously.

Cougar 200k is a budget kb after all so it might be less durable.. but for that price it's worth a shot I think.

I'm looking forward to hearing how good it is for roping (Doug has no experience from K740 or mechanical kbs).

Input lag is when you press a key and the key press is delayed for a quick second or less, it's noticeable if you're looking for it, and I definitely experienced it on 2 K740's even with a fresh reformat of Windows (it wasn't my computer either since its brand new, i7-4790k). Input lag is definitely in the 740 from my experience so, whatever people want to say about it is all gravy but I've used and tested and have came to realizing it has it lol. Also the key lock on a $70 keyboard is annoying. As previously mentioned, high priced keyboards aren't the greatest. Only good thing about the K740 is the scissor switches, period, that's what makes roping on it feel nice, lol.

The 200K won't have any input lag from reviews I've read and from what Doug has told me. It's a gaming oriented keyboard so that's a plus, but I'll test it, worse comes to worse I return it if it does, which I highly doubt it will. Just because a keyboard is $30 doesn't mean it's going to be bad dude, lol. I'm using a $200 mechanical board right now and absolutely hate it and think it blows for roping. Price plays no factor in feeling good on the rope in this game.

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 02:05 PM »
biscuits, I believe that you believe the k740 has this "input lag" you are talking about, but i'm still calling bs on it from my experience.

I've used around 12 or so keyboards for roping since 1999 and the k740 has by far the fastest response I can remember, however, here is a funny thing, have you tried how different keyboards react with different settings in WA advanced settings?

I've found the feeling/timing varies with different settings with different keyboards, that issue along with other hardware/software settings throughout your whole PC, as well as different monitors, can make the world of difference.

But I am totally unconvinced the k740 has "input lag", mainly considering I own one myself and the results are mindblowing to me, literally I was like "woah wtf!!!" when I 1st tried it after avirex told me how fast it was.

I am not calling you a liar, I just think there are underlying conditions beneath your problem.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Meh, maybe you're just used to the feel of it from using it so long.

I'm pretty knowledgeable (computer savvy) so I know it's nothing on my end. I run with V-sync off always for every game I play. I also run on a BenQ 144hz monitor refresh rate 1ms response, as smooth as possible, paired with a i7-4790k, Nvidia GTX 970 and 16gb RAM so it's not my PC man lol.

I'm glad you enjoy it, I just simply didn't. Tried and tested and no Bueno for me. A $70 keyboard shouldn't have key lock anyways :P it's a great keyboard for typing but I wasn't satisfied with its performance in games, as I said, I liked one thing about it, the scissor switches, the F keys are way to tiny and the enter key.

Both TOMT and sock have used the k740 as well and both disliked it. TOMT has told me the same thing that I am stating about the input lag, even ask him mate, lol.

I'm not arguing over a keyboard tho, you like the k740, that's all that matters. it's not for everyone :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:15 PM by biscuits »

Offline aik

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 02:15 PM »
But I am totally unconvinced the k740 has "input lag", mainly considering I own one myself and the results are mindblowing to me, literally I was like "woah wtf!!!" when I 1st tried it after avirex told me how fast it was.

maybe in newer versions? As said - the newer versions even have keylock build in on purpose…

The 200K won't have any input lag from reviews I've read and from what Doug has told me. It's a gaming oriented keyboard so that's a plus, but I'll test it

Soon the forum will be full of 200K reviews XD
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline biscuits

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 02:20 PM »
aik: when it comes to a keyboard, it's not about the brand name or whatever really. It comes down to how you want the layout of the keyboard to look (which is why I liked the 200K) and the most important factor of it all is the key switch mechanism used. Some people prefer high raised keys that are mechanical switches, some prefer laptop style flat keys like scissor switches which are very silent and double tap fast. I really think those are the only 2 switch types on the market worth the time now a days. it's all what you want in the keyboard, there is no "best" brand.

As long as there's anti-ghosting somewhat, you're good to go

Offline aik

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 02:23 PM »
here is no "best" brand.

sure – bought it for the same reasons… just noticed, that manny guys here are about to buy 200K - or got it lately ^^
<dream>
</dream>

Offline aik

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 02:27 PM »
I'm waiting for someone, who'll build an only-for-worms-keyboard/controller =)

Maybe with Teensy ( https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/ )? Maybe I should be that person ;)

<dream>
</dream>

Offline biscuits

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 02:29 PM »
Or just rope with a touch screen  :P imagine that haha

Offline aik

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 02:37 PM »
Or just rope with a touch screen  :P imagine that haha

It's about what you like ;P

But I honestly crave for a working roping game on mobile devices... it's just… yeah the touchscreen thing ;)
<dream>
</dream>

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 12:44 AM »
Meh, maybe you're just used to the feel of it from using it so long.

literally I was like "woah wtf!!!" when I 1st tried it after avirex told me how fast it was.

You really just said that after I said that 1st? Cmon man, can't you at least read my post before replying to it?

I can adapt to any keyboard but the point is my initial experience with the k740 was "Holy sh*t this is fast!!!".

I'm pretty knowledgeable (computer savvy) so I know it's nothing on my end.

I have eyes, and a brain, so I know there isn't an issue with the keyboard, point being, being computer savvy or not doesn't changes someones eyesight and ability to judge time.

Seriously though, I am not arguing whether anyone likes the k740 or not, it's honestly not my business.

What I disagree with, is you saying something that isn't true, mine doesn't have input lag, period, this isn't debatable.

However after reading what aik said about newer/older models, i've only had mine for about a year or something, perhaps I have an older model that is better than the one you had? I could accept that :)

Offline aik

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 01:45 AM »
However after reading what aik said about newer/older models, i've only had mine for about a year or something, perhaps I have an older model that is better than the one you had? I could accept that :)

Well – I don't know that for sure. Never got to test it. Just based on amazon reviews – and they didn't metion lag, just "2-key-then-ghosting".
<dream>
</dream>

Offline biscuits

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 01:59 AM »
Maybe I just had a newer model of it that had some kind of weird lag. Idk. I mean either way regardless I just disliked the keyboard because of the small F buttons, was hard to find them especially thru memorization. To each their own, whatever makes you happy, use it brothers! I'm not hating on anything, just saying my personal experience. But I feel like the hype on that keyboard is a lil too big... the only nice part about it is the scissor switches as I stated lol... scissor switches are low profile and you can tap them quick cause they bounce back very fast compared to mechanical, since they are basically a rubber dome switch (or beefed up rubber dome).

Cheers ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 07:35 AM »
I mean either way regardless I just disliked the keyboard because of the small F buttons, was hard to find them especially thru memorization.

That, we can definitely agree on, the F keys are kinda small, THAT took some getting used to, I feel comfortable with it now.

But I feel like the hype on that keyboard is a lil too big... the only nice part about it is the scissor switches as I stated lol...

Well, only a dozen or so ropers have claimed the k740 is really good, so I wouldn't say it's big hype or whatever, but the results of those who use these keyboards to their full potential speaks for itself.

But then again, you have to try all types of keyboards for a long time until you really know what you are best/most comfortable with, it can be an expensive and timely experience figuring this out, but worth it in the end if you have enough passion for the game.

Take gaming out of the equation, i'd still pay £70 for this keyboard, it's the most comfortable typing keyboard i've ever used which is very important to me, plus the lights are pretty :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:37 AM by Komito »

Offline barman

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 12:20 PM »
I'm waiting for someone, who'll build an only-for-worms-keyboard/controller =)

Maybe with Teensy ( https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/ )? Maybe I should be that person ;)

If you are into electronics, take a look at Makey Makey - it's a USB device which lets you connect any kind of trigger to the arrow keys and spacebar: regular switches, touch sensors, IR motion sensors etc.
I was going to try making a touch roping keyboard out of it when I was still playing worms, but in the end wasn't comfortable with splurging 50 euro on what might've ultimately turned out to be an useless toy ;)
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best