Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:00 PM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 26455 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2018, 12:00 PM »
Yeah, and infrared switches instead of metal to metal contacts which makes it faster than any other KB solution. Unfortunately it comes out 10 years too late or I would buy one. No point anymore for a dead game now. :D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2018, 12:23 PM »
Infrared switches sounds like something that would not last long as metal to metal..
And it would be impossible to change when broke.

Am I right?

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2018, 12:31 PM »
I guess infrared means metal contacts are replaced with infrared light which gets interrupted by the plastic button. If it is, it will last forever. Just remember mouse buttons and optic sensors - which lasts longer?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2018, 01:02 PM »
The keyboard is fully modular anyway, if you scroll down you can see that you can replace the switches very easily if one broke.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2018, 01:03 PM »
IF it ever broke  :D

Offline Senator

« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2018, 01:01 PM »
If someone still wants to buy a keyboard for WA, I can recommend Cougar 300K. No joke. :) https://cougargaming.com/products/keyboards/300k/

You can get it from Caseking.de for 34,90 euros.

Taps are as good as with Logitech K740 but this keyboard has better arrow key control. No input lag and better anti-ghosting. I'm using Q as space. Haven't really tested the space bar but it's a bit loud. Personally I like this KB more than a mechanical KB because I can do double taps easier. With mechanical KB fast taps fail sometimes. I have Steelseries 6Gv2 and Logitech K740 but Cougar 300K is my choice for now.

The only downside is that when you enable game mode (1000hz polling rate and enhanced anti-ghosting), F keys become macro keys and you need to press FN + F key. You can just use standard mode but there's also a workaround for game mode. Enable Num lock and then F1-F8 are the same as Numpad's 1-8 and you can remap them to F1-F8. You can't still use F9-F12 so this workaround is only for rope games. You can enable/disable game mode by 1 click. Another issue may be durability.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 06:39 PM by Senator »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2018, 01:04 PM »
Taps are as good as with Logitech K740 but this keyboard has better arrow key control.

Could you back that up with some evidence please?

I don't doubt the taps are as good, many keyboards are, but the arrow control on the logitech k740 is the best i've ever used personally.

Is that based on personal experience, or are there technical statistics stating this or something?

Offline Senator

« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2018, 01:57 PM »
Just my personal experience. I can tap pretty much the same way as with K740 whereas with 6Gv2 I struggle sometimes.

Didn't you say you use different keyboard for default schemes because K740's arrow keys are too sensitive?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2018, 02:07 PM »
If someone still wants to buy a keyboard for WA, I can recommend Cougar 300K. No joke. :) https://cougargaming.com/products/keyboards/300k/

> *sees the product page*
> "ESC key becomes MR key"

no thx

---

how about soldering yourself a keyboard?
TADA68 -

KBD75 -

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Just my personal experience. I can tap pretty much the same way as with K740 whereas with 6Gv2 I struggle sometimes.

Didn't you say you use different keyboard for default schemes because K740's arrow keys are too sensitive?

Oh right, by arrow control I thought you meant it has a quicker reaction time for roping.

Yes, I use a different keyboard for default schemes because I need a slower reaction time on arrows for changing the aim by 1 notch when needed, cuz the arrows on the k740 are pretty rapid.

But when it comes to roping, the quicker the better it seems for me.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2018, 05:05 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:38 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline Ryan

« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2018, 09:22 PM »
It depends on which scheme you want the keyboard for.

For league ttrr you want something reliable and for me that is steelseries gv2.

It probably isn't the best for tapping but I tried the logitech illuminated (TOMT sent me it after warmer competition) and it was very "tappy" and not so reliable.

Infact, I am not the best at warmer but the steelseries was good enough to get the turn I wanted and I couldn't blame it for any fall.

The only question is black switches vs red; I have only tried black.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2018, 10:27 PM »
In my experience I've found that the 'best' kb is what you're the most used to.

I've tried several over the years and my favorite kb ever was a thrift store Gateway or Dell kb ($1, can't remember brand) with membranes. It fell apart after a year of playing but it was better than my K70 that I have now when it comes to roping. I'm not going to bother having multiple kb's for gaming. I've also never noticed any real difference between USB and PS/2 keyboards, although I know on paper that PS/2 is supposedly superior. Also, lots of people (including myself) play via laptops, so USB is practically a requirement. Now that I am used to them, I greatly prefer mechanical kb's for the overall feel, gaming or not.

As long as the kb is full size and doesn't have keylock, anyone can get good at using it for any scheme. The main advantage IMO that 'gaming' kb's offer is that they tend to be of a higher construction quality and last longer. I barely play W:A anymore due to being in and out of the hospital but this K70 I have has been used extensively for quite a period of time and it doesn't show any signs of wear aside from just being generally dirty. I don't remap my keys and my spacebar feels exactly the same now as it did the day I bought it.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #253 on: November 05, 2018, 12:32 AM »
I'll stand by the Logitech K740 for life now... Bit expensive but best keyboard I ever bought.

I tap pretty damn hard at times, you can twitch tap on this SO good, and it's lasted me like what 3 years now or something... Definitely got my moneys worth out it, and it's still clean!

The only other keyboard I thought was amazing was the one where I could do double handed taps after kicks perfectly and can't even remember what it was called or to be honest what it even looked like...

Offline sock

« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2018, 02:34 AM »
It depends on which scheme you want the keyboard for.

For league ttrr you want something reliable and for me that is steelseries gv2.

It probably isn't the best for tapping but I tried the logitech illuminated (TOMT sent me it after warmer competition) and it was very "tappy" and not so reliable.

Infact, I am not the best at warmer but the steelseries was good enough to get the turn I wanted and I couldn't blame it for any fall.

The only question is black switches vs red; I have only tried black.

I have tried both, using red currently.