Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:41 AM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 26451 times)

Offline aik

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 12:58 PM »
wasn't comfortable with splurging 50 euro on what might've ultimately turned out to be an useless toy ;)
Ye… no toy thing. A Controler/Keyboard, that ist really well suited for W:A ;)
btw: Don't whant to make this thread a build-your-own-keyboard-thread ^^ if someone does, he will open a thread for this i hope…
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:01 PM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 01:22 PM »
@Caye:

I appreciate your effort to look crazy, practise pays off man well done!

Reading your post was like watching someone stuck in a loop with a piece of paper that has "please fold" written on both sides.

You say the keyboard is great, yet you say it's stupid, while at the same time being a keyboard time-of-death psychic, i'm impressed.

One mans trash is another mans treasure, what is useless for one person is a godsend for another.

People can decide themselves what they can and cannot afford to buy, so yeah, it might seem stupid for you, but it's the best damn £70 I ever spent on a keyboard, and when this keyboard decides to die i'll replace it.

Speaking of which, since your a psychic you can alert me a few days before it does ascend to keyboard heaven so I can order another one ;)

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Once i had a tweaker that could set USB sample frequency from standard 125 Herz to 250, 500 and 1000. Would be nice to read about outcome of this experiment.

Old tool for same purpose for Ps/2 port was called "ps/2 rate"

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 03:03 PM »
Of course it's a good keyboard. It costs more than 100 bucks, how can it not be? I don't think Logitech directly rips people off, of course it's great.

It's just silly to read you justify the purchase over and over. It's almost as if you are totally aware of how much of a waste of money it really  is.

Because it is. Like buying a continental GT is a waste of money if your goal is to drive. If your goal is to type silently, fast and with comfort, there are keyboards that match the led logitech in that regard that cost half the price. And as far as durability goes, let's not even go there.

It's a terrible keyboard recommendation for anyone that considers money to be an actual thing. If you don't care about price then you're judging products in your own magical way. But fact remains, it's a really bad keyboard for its price, mainly because the led technology is not cheap nor practical in any way, shape or form.
i bought my 100$ keyboard with LED's so I could save money on my electric bill over traditional keyboard backlighting.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 03:16 PM »
I'm planning to buy cougar 200k. Let us know is it worth it biscuits.

Right now pretty satisfied with 10$ Genius SlimStar i250. Remapped space cause of keylock. Still got some weird "input delays" (afaik). F keys are hard to find cause playing in dark. But after some time, easy to get used to. Keys are really great to type on. Big enter as well, which is nice to have.

Would like to buy new kb just cause I want to rope on normal space again.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 07:59 PM »
Haha, love your comparisons with touareg and bigfish games.
But didn't quite get the rest of the post.

It's not dark that bothers me, just a position of F keys. Can't seem to get used to it like with previous keyboard.
Tho, kb with lights could be the solution. And Cougar 200k seems to be best buy atm.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Using Cougar 200K now. Approved. Nice keyboard.

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Of course it's a good keyboard.

Then what's the problem?

But fact remains, it's a really bad keyboard for its price

That is your opinion, it isn't a fact.

I think it's great for it's price, I recommend it to anyone who can afford it, and I always will regardless of your opinion.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2016, 01:30 AM »
Using Cougar 200K now. Approved. Nice keyboard.
you said this about the corsair k95, and also the k740, ill wait until the honeymoon period is over for your full review.

Offline biscuits

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00 AM »
It's a really good keyboard imho for $30. Scissor switch kb is nice to have on top of a mechanical dude. Why not have best of both worlds? :) 1 for worms 1 for other shizzle
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 02:35 AM by biscuits »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2016, 08:07 AM »
The 200K doesn't work with Linux without a special driver and also doesn't work in many UEFI/BIOS at all because it uses a non-standard USB protocol. It also doesn't work with OS X.

There's more information about that issue here: http://swoogan.blogspot.de/2014/09/azio-l70-keyboard-linux-driver.html (the AZIO L70 uses the same weird protocol).

Offline aik

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2016, 08:09 AM »
The 200K doesn't work with Linux

Nooooooooooooooooo! If I'd known that earlier…
<dream>
</dream>

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2016, 08:25 AM »
The Linux driver is available here: https://bitbucket.org/Swoogan/aziokbd (you should be able to install it without using another keyboard, the only keys not working without that driver are the Ctrl, Alt, Menu and Windows keys).

Offline aik

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2016, 01:56 PM »
Phew – just a few secs of panic ^^ (but should have guessed)
<dream>
</dream>

Offline Anubis

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 02:25 PM »
Psh Caye, I spend 50 Bucks on 10 IBM Rapid Access 2 ps/2 kbs on ebay 6 years ago to last me a lifetime for W:A. Let them buy overpriced vanity items for roping. The LEDs probably emit an aura to tap faster. :D

Fun fact:

My "Gamer" kb is nowhere near as responsive as the good old IBM kbs from 2000. I only use it for typing because it has a nice feel to it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 02:28 PM by Anubis »