Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:54 PM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 26317 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2018, 03:10 AM »
I want to try those infrared switches, seems ideal for roping

Offline Sensei

« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2018, 03:59 AM »
It depends on which scheme you want the keyboard for.

As an lover of aerial and big rr, I totally agree with this.
For using jetpack through map ruins - nothing is better than kb with low profile keys and great responsitivity.
Even ttrr is less demanding than that and can be played with any keyboard, as long you get rid of keylock.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2018, 10:51 AM »
4. Logitech k120. I tried this keyboard at work and it seems fine. It has keylock but I don't think it's an issue since it's easy to bypass it. Build quality is not great but who cares? It has 1 year warranty and only costs 10$. I'd recommend it to everyone who doesn't wanna spend too much money on a keyboard for worms.

Well, what are you gonna say now Senator? ;)

Edit: What do you mean "bypass it"?

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2018, 10:59 AM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:38 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Check keylock with this: https://drakeirving.github.io/MultiKeyDisplay/

(hold all 4 cursors and start pressing other keys/letters. When you find 1 or 2 that can be pressed - remap space on them using wk_remapkeys module)

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2018, 04:16 PM »
The only question is black switches vs red; I have only tried black.
if you ever thought that black were limiting you due to weight, you might be interested in reds
oh, and Cherry MX isn't the only line of switches as their patent expired a long time ago. Some of the notable switch clones are from Gateron, Kalih (Razer) and Outemu

Besides being able to change actuation force, I don't think it'll give a better advantage over other players in WA

---

Anyone has tried Cherry MX Silent Reds? If so, what are your opinions?

you should check out this channel btw

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2018, 05:21 PM »
The only question is black switches vs red; I have only tried black.
if you ever thought that black were limiting you due to weight, you might be interested in reds
oh, and Cherry MX isn't the only line of switches as their patent expired a long time ago. Some of the notable switch clones are from Gateron, Kalih (Razer) and Outemu

Besides being able to change actuation force, I don't think it'll give a better advantage over other players in WA

---

Anyone has tried Cherry MX Silent Reds? If so, what are your opinions?

you should check out this channel btw
I definitely think the black and blue switches aren’t ideal for roping, needed by more force to depress the switch is probably negligible, but every little bit counts with speed, as the reds are a lighter switch.

Charles - I would agree with your assertion on the actuation force, but I think the part you are overlooking is the 0.1 MS response time on the switches, far superior to anything out there.  If there was a way to customize the actuation distance, it would make the ultimate switch.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2018, 07:36 PM »
huh, nevermind, didn't made enough research lol

oh, and here's a review of a Wooting One, it's important to keep in mind that the person reviewing has a lot of vintage keyboards

Offline Sensei

« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Can't believe there's ppl out there which, on purpose, purchase kbs with small enter.
I mean, that's probably most used key and you want it to be 2x smaller. That's masochist.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2018, 08:22 PM »

EDIT1: there's also a 3rd type of enter, which is named (by mechanicalkeyboard subreddit) big a$$

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:31 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Jengu

« Reply #265 on: November 06, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Charles - I would agree with your assertion on the actuation force, but I think the part you are overlooking is the 0.1 MS response time on the switches, far superior to anything out there.  If there was a way to customize the actuation distance, it would make the ultimate switch.

It all depends on the firmware. Making a keyboard with 0-1 ms delay is not that hard. Most commercial keyboards have significantly more delay than that however.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2018, 09:09 PM »
Any of you got one of those "E-Blue" mechanical keyboards?

Some pretty good deals I could find now on cyber monday. And by the reviews on internet, they make quality products.
Thinking between 2 models: EKM 757 (outemu or kailh switches(?)) or EKM 770 (optical "light strike" switches)

Lemme know if you ever used one for roping.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2018, 07:07 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:38 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Thinking between 2 models: EKM 757 (outemu or kailh switches(?)) or EKM 770 (optical "light strike" switches)

I'd say get light strike switches (keyboard itself doesn't matter too much). I compared them with Cherry MX Red and they turned out to be significantly faster. 0.2 ms response time, key lifespan 100 million keystrokes and no key chattering make them objectively better than standard mechanical switches.

Yeah, was reading some stuff about response time. And it's only 20$ more expensive. +lightning is only 1 color, not one for each row. Cheaper kb looks like you're typing on fkn christmas tree. Although, not on sale anymore so I'm not in a rush. Could possibly even wait for next price drop which could happen in late december.

Thx for answer.