Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:13 AM

Author Topic: Let's keep TUS boring and inactive! Yay!  (Read 1714 times)

Offline TheKaren

Let's keep TUS boring and inactive! Yay!
« on: October 11, 2018, 02:52 PM »
Let's argue against any proposed change, let's systematically kill healthy competition because we can't survive without our precious FOSSIL schemes that hardly anyone even likes anymore...

F**k Roper, F**k TTRR, F**k BnG, F**k all the old schemes.

Do something new and fresh or just watch this whole thing die.

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: Let's keep TUS boring and inactive! Yay!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Don't make the league suitable for yourselves, make the league suitable for everyone, and probably there will be chance of increasing a little activity.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 03:22 PM »
komo, I like u, but if u think league dying coz still  "same old boring schemes" u are just stupid :D        even if u will add moles, zars. kaoses, f@#!es etc   it will be even more dead :D

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 03:40 PM »
Let's argue against any proposed change
Would you rather have everyone agree with anything without thinking for a second?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline spleen17

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 03:45 PM »
How about we just split tus into two leagues. One with Roper, Elite, Ttrr, Shopper and Inter. The other with Mole Shopper, ZaR, Aerial, Big RR and Comet Dodging (only allowed when players are tied 1-1 or 2-2 and both players agree).

Would be interesting to see which is more active after a month or two.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Let's argue against any proposed change
Would you rather have everyone agree with anything without thinking for a second?

It is two dimensional thinking, and it has been going on for years now. People lack the adaptability to change and evolve with the times. TuS is in its own time bubble, while the world around it moves on.

How about we just split tus into two leagues. One with Roper, Elite, Ttrr, Shopper and Inter. The other with Mole Shopper, ZaR, Aerial, Big RR and Comet Dodging (only allowed when players are tied 1-1 or 2-2 and both players agree).

I agree with spleen, let's do that
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 04:03 PM »
I ain't saying anything, i've said enough over the years, you can all fight it out this time.

Let's see who starts insulting 1st, cuz it sure ain't gonna be me.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Another thread? Haha, there's already 4 ongoing threads about leagues and schemes.
Maybe just don't touch anything, TUS didn't have this much activity in months.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 06:48 PM »
It's the same old faces discussing back and forth.

Forums are ancient, TUS should launch facebook, instagram and twitter to attract new players. ;)
I honestly believe the only way to get activity back is to scrap TUS leagues and implement it into the game itself. That won't happen ever so competition is doomed. We still use this ancient league system that no other successful games use. We need real time match making online and not silly reporting on forums/sites. It's 2018 and W:A leagues are still in 2000.

Imagine you could queue up for a league game and then get a pop up when your match is ready, you can browse the internet, play another game etc. even if you wait 30 minutes you don't need to manually spam #ag to find a game. It is just modern, and an easy solution.

I applaud the maintainers to keep W:A updated, but they failed to keep the game modern in terms of finding games. Maybe it's limited by the engine, but that we still have to manually find matches is ridiculous in 2018 for a competitive game.

There should be a lobby where you can arrange games, and there should be buttons that have schemes to select, roper, rr, hysteria etc. you click it and an automated system will pair you up with other players to play a game. That's just how current games work, you may not like it but that's what is killing W:A. Lack of modern match making.

I can hop online in World of Tanks Blitz, select casual or ranked mode and queue up and get a match. Even at night when a lot less people are playing. And that is happening in every single online multiplayer game. W:A needs this feature the most. I would remove replays right now if we could have online match making instead with ranked and casual play. It would actually help the game.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:59 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 07:02 PM »

Interesting but I will not be forced to play comet dodging, i am a mormon and i do not gamble

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 03:23 PM »
and most importantly, F**k your ego.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 03:34 PM »
and most importantly, F**k your ego.

That doesn't help, Charles. Anubis is right, very similar to what I think and said in the past.

I also spoke with a friend of my on worms. He has never seen these forums. He was shocked over how outdated it was. He thought it was 2000 again.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:35 PM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 02:02 AM »
"F**k Roper, F**k TTRR, F**k BnG, F**k all the old schemes."? Brvh, look. Invent new schemes, create your own active and boringn't league/cups/tournaments/etcetc, ... profit?
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline skunk3

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 12:34 AM »
If people spent more time playing the game than looking at this website, our problems would be solved to a degree.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 01:45 AM »
The more I think about what Anubis said, the more I feel like he is onto something here.

Gamers in general are pretty lazy, they don't want to put effort into talking to people and finding a match, you can see the evidence for this in all modern games, most people don't even like talking to other people, unless it's trash talk, so manually speaking to players to find a game could be lame to them.

Is anyone in touch with DeadCode and CyberShadow? Is there any chance we could, as a collective community, approach those guys, and possibly Team17 as well, and ask for a better matchmaking system with an integrated league? We could even offer some money to cover the costs of programming/maintaining the server.