Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:42 PM

Author Topic: Lots of little clans  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Chicken23

Lots of little clans
« on: March 17, 2023, 08:49 PM »
So, what if we try to have smaller clans (2-4 active players) so more clans to find when online, then naturally it might grow?

Offline KinslayeR

Re: Lots of little clans
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 09:25 PM »
This is exactly same idea I was thinking when dibz joined dP.  To play with tdc, mole and ob. To make clanners active again.   But then Kradie acted like a child (no offense) and instead of make more active tusk, he closed his clan..  For purpose or not, doesnt matter.   We are mostly grow man, shouldnt act this way, especially now when we see the game is dying. 

It is time to hide our hard feelings and figure it out how to really help this community survive

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 09:52 PM »
I've been saying this for over a decade! :D

It's not that feasible though these days due to being so inactive, and the little activity that we do have is a few groups of people who all prefer different schemes...

We have mostly a dozen strategic players, and a dozen ropers.

Very few of which are top players, which presents the next biggest problem.

The top players, like winning, they are extremely competitive, so they mostly only want to team up with other top players.

And then what you have left is just all the people who are good friends and don't really care about winning.

It could work, but everyone would have to compromise and start playing in ways they aren't used to with people they don't normally play with as a team.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 10:35 PM »
This is exactly same idea I was thinking when dibz joined dP.  To play with tdc, mole and ob. To make clanners active again.   But then Kradie acted like a child (no offense) and instead of make more active tusk, he closed his clan..  For purpose or not, doesnt matter.   We are mostly grow man, shouldnt act this way, especially now when we see the game is dying. 

It is time to hide our hard feelings and figure it out how to really help this community survive
This is not true. I went to you remember? I tried to help, by convincing you to make dP active, so that we could make clanners active. We had a big rope race, you, Dead, and I. I talked to you about making dP active. You recruited Dead that day too. We did a lot of clanners too. Later, blitz left, and Aladdin followed. But to be fair, Aladdin always follows blitz. This was a huge blow for me personally. I been roping with blitz for 7 years. It destroyed my morale. I didn't feel like clanning at all. It was difficult face dP,  since there are a very few people in this clan I don't like.  We also lost 2 playoffs, this caused some depression with Adnan. He disappeared for months. It was only me.  I also let go a lot of Inactive people too.

My goal was always to help people make their clans active, perhaps help people make their own clans. I am already hosting cups and tournaments at time.

I sadly learned, that people do anything for people with high league status, and points. It also didn't help much either. Honestly, it sort of disgusts me a bit. I do take my games seriously, but I don't abandon people just because they aren't seemingly ''big shots''. What matters to me is, friendship, and communication, and of course a good time.

I just hope we can make this happen.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 01:37 AM »
I am up to join any clan if we could ever make new accounts just for that. I like my main profile clean and with lots of wins (clanners specifically)
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Online Rocket

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 10:20 AM »
It seems I can't help taking part in this convesation.

What you should know about me is that I've been here with you since 2009. Not as old and experienced as some of us who's still active, but definitely not an ordinary shopper hoster either. Also, not the brightest figure online known by everyone. I've been a member of a bunch of clans (WTF, RS, eS, ps, che) and keep some good memories about each of them. At the same time, joining other clans/communities like sW, sK, nlF, b2b, RoH, CF, cFc, TaG etc. with absolutely stunning players in them was always a dream of my WA life. I was watching tones of videos, following league websites, checking looooots of replays on TUS. I had my so called "pantheon of WA gods", of course, and was eager to achieve their skill level (without changing my attitude towards other players and my WA-personality though).

But I didn't knock in the doors of those "unreachable" teams, having fun in my own clans. All of my clanmates I've ever had are pleasant to play and speak with. They were and are both cool people and competitive enough to fight for medals. Thus, I left my dreams of "being among the best ones" alone and continued to compete in middle-class clans, except for ps (that's my subjective point of view).

Have I won any cups or medals? Yes! Have I won them all alone or with my mates? Well, it was done both ways, but mostly with the help of my partners. Again, they aren't the most discussed players of our community. Just cool dudes (sorry ladies), underdogs in a way.

That's why I completely agree with Komo in what he'd said about top-players and just "good friends".
By the way, if you choose to play as a real team, you'll definitely find some time to work on playing in pairs, developing your cooperation etc. I do believe that a well-trained pair of top-30 players can beat a pair of individually strong top-10 players in 50% of cases.

And yes, that's why I have created a clan of my own which has been recently commented in such words as "what for?", "new clan oO"and blah blah blah. The thing is, I don't care for 100% of wins as much as for a cozy place for mentally close players who see sense in being together, chatting and playing nice games. THERE IS my concern in player's skills when recruiting, but for me, there's much more in his/hers cultural+educational+personal features. This is the reason why I don't run for inviting top players just beacuse they are top in WA. I gotta see a person behind a player in the first place.

p.s. Sorry for a longread  :-X
Imotep - the legendary worm sends his greeting!

(o)(o)
oo
\__/
( )
( )_
\_____\_

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 02:22 PM »
personally i'd like to see the clan and community pages be a bit cleaned up, just so we can actually see who's the real deal these days

also, I've mentioned this multiple times in various discord servers, but these days i'd rather see/have/make a discord+irc bot/server for matchmaking in WA for all major schemes, but that's too elaborate for my skill level
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 02:25 PM by h3oCharles »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 03:33 PM »
personally i'd like to see the clan and community pages be a bit cleaned up, just so we can actually see who's the real deal these days

THIS!

Online vesuvio

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2023, 03:37 PM »
NOT WITHOUT A BACKUP OF THE GOLDEN TUS YEARS

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2023, 07:26 PM »
We had this "little clans" idea before. I had even made those. It was called "Squads". The idea was so popular when introduced but after implementation, it died so quickly. (check TNL stats in the seasons page. It is at the very bottom)

Making new accounts just to play clanners is not allowed. You will lose your old account. Instead quit your current clan and make new ones.  After you're done, you can always go back.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline nino

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 12:09 PM »
This idea is great, iam up to join a little clan, but i dont have time to play anymore!!! well i dont think this gonna be a problem anyways!!!

when is the try out?
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 05:51 PM »
This idea is great, iam up to join a little clan, but i dont have time to play anymore!!! well i dont think this gonna be a problem anyways!!!

when is the try out?

so I can be your teammate (again) xD I'm as active as you  ;D

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2023, 11:46 PM »
. The thing is, I don't care for 100% of wins as much as for a cozy place for mentally close players who see sense in being together, chatting and playing nice games.

Amen to that. I can't possibly engage myself in any clans without feeling cosy and mentally comfortable,