Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:30 AM

Author Topic: Make Worm Olympics great again  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Zalo the moler

Make Worm Olympics great again
« on: December 27, 2021, 12:14 PM »
Is there any chance to bring back these wonderful events that were organised every year up to 2016? I still remember the times in 2013 when there was both Summer edition and Winter edition  :'(  Maybe the community is not the most populous but it sure is dedicated to the game  :-[ If you look at the top players in 2016 edition, nearly all of them are still here.

Offline Godmax

Re: Make Worm Olympics great again
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 12:59 PM »
yes

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 02:43 PM »
Damn, I just noticed that I missed to send 25 replays which cost my country -14.6 points.  Sorry Poland

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 04:55 AM »
If there is any chance for Worm Olympics coming back here in 2022, I would love to help organising it somehow. I can also organise some of the Twitch streams (with better microphone) and proper commentary with danie or whoever from Discord.

http://wormolympics.com/hosting_guide
• 1vs1: minimum 16 players
• 2vs2: minimum 24 players (12 teams)
• 3vs3: minimum 36 players (12 teams)

I saw these guidelines for registering each tournament. Perhaps this year we could have 1vs1 tournaments with minimum of 8 players, and 2vs2 with minimum of 6 teams? That will still be a great fun and over time we would have snowball effect, making more and more players come back to WA.exe. It was like that from 2012 to 2016.

We still have pandemic, come on, and the summer will be long, long enough to sit on your PC, relax next to your fan and your menthol humidifier, play some funky music and find those 1-2 hours every few days.

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 07:30 AM »
If there is any chance for Worm Olympics coming back here in 2022, I would love to help organising it somehow. I can also organise some of the Twitch streams (with better microphone) and proper commentary with danie or whoever from Discord.

http://wormolympics.com/hosting_guide
• 1vs1: minimum 16 players
• 2vs2: minimum 24 players (12 teams)
• 3vs3: minimum 36 players (12 teams)

I saw these guidelines for registering each tournament. Perhaps this year we could have 1vs1 tournaments with minimum of 8 players, and 2vs2 with minimum of 6 teams? That will still be a great fun and over time we would have snowball effect, making more and more players come back to WA.exe. It was like that from 2012 to 2016.

We still have pandemic, come on, and the summer will be long, long enough to sit on your PC, relax next to your fan and your menthol humidifier, play some funky music and find those 1-2 hours every few days.

Unfortunately, it seems impossible to reach out FFie. She should be the only one with admin rights there, so I assume WO is lost forever unless CS got such rights too.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 06:35 PM »
idk ask StepS

Offline Korydex

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 07:10 PM »
No chance with playerbase we have atm :/

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 11:46 PM »
No chance with playerbase we have atm :/

It will only shrink more and more, but maybe its shrinking could be stopped if we organise something like that with smaller number of required players for each tournament