Forums
April 16, 2024, 01:36 PM

Author Topic: Making a CPU vs CPU match  (Read 1650 times)

Offline daceking

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
Making a CPU vs CPU match
« on: July 09, 2017, 01:21 AM »
I don't know if this qualifies as Tech Support or simple game discussion, whatever the case, you admins have the right to move it if corresponds.

I have two W:A versions, the official one I installed in my PC, and a portable, what happens is that a bug occurred in my portable version that "unlocked" the Start Game and Create Team buttons (the last one, even reaching the 32 created teams limit) from the beginning, without selecting everything.

Let me explain, when you enter the multiplayer game mode, the Start Game button is greyed out until you select a human team to play. That said, you cannot make a CPU vs CPU only battle, since the game won't let you start the match.
But in my case, I was able to start the game only with CPU teams, yes, a 6 CPU teams battle, this is a feature that is only in WWP, but not in W:A, sadly, this bug lasted until yesterday, when I opened the official version and everything reset back to normal.

This was weird, since I was researching and apparently there is no way to unlock these features, but I know there may be, because when I clicked the Create Team button (the other button unlocked) a message displayed saying "no more team slots available", which means this was somehow programmed in game.

So, what do you think about this bug? Is there a way to make a CPU vs CPU game without including a human team like in WWP?
Here's a replay: https://www.tus-wa.com/files/file-1224/

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Making a CPU vs CPU match
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 07:47 AM »
Known issue, you have to include a human

Offline Korydex

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:21 AM »
please PM me with link where I can get that portable version XD

Online Godmax

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 09:28 AM »
Or post it here or pm me as well plz

Edit: This is some portable bullshitversion for Windows only, right?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:30 AM by Godmax »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 03:39 PM »
I find this odd, I was talking to thewalrus about a week ago about CPU vs CPU fights, or 2 player Co-op against the CPU fights, would be so much fun, then was talking about it with goom the other day too, then this guy appears :D

I'd love to be able to help you dude, but not my area of expertise sorry :/

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 05:42 PM »
2v2 Co-op Battle Race anyone? I might end up doing this as a PoC thing

Offline daceking

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 06:35 AM »
I don't remember, I think I got it from Taringa or some Latin forum, there's also a readme file that credits some dude called "miridy". It's not fully portable, though,since I still need the CD to play the game, but it's a stand-alone version, you can update it and install mods without affecting the original. I haven't tested the network and hosting features to see how they work.

The "bug" returned yesterday after a few time, I'm not actually asking for help, just informing about my little experience, since I know this is a feature the game naturally doesn't come with and I haven's seen anyone playing like this before in W:A, so it's like... weird.

Offline StepS

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 03:28 PM »
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:56 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 03:54 PM »
^
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Korydex

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 05:41 PM »

awesome! here's what you can do with it ↓ :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 06:01 PM »
THat was more interesting than I thought it'd be Kory, wasn't expecting him to pick nade over no wind zook :o

Offline daceking

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 12:27 AM »
Cool! But how I install that .dll? Where should I put it? Do I need WormKit or some program? Please, tell me.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 01:57 AM »
Put the .dll into game's root folder, then launch the game
main menu --> a big button with question marks --> a small black "Advanced" button somewhere on the right
In the advanced settings menu, you turn on "Enable loading of WormKit modules", then restart the game. The thing should work now.

WormKit comes with the game itself since v3.7.0.0. It's built-in and no longer has to be downloaded from anywhere.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline StepS

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 06:01 PM »
Basically what WTF-8 said. Place it in your worms directory and make sure that "Load WormKit modules" is enabled in your settings.
This module will work with the following versions of the game: 3.6.30.0 - 3.7.2.1. Otherwise it will throw an error.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline daceking

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 12:55 AM »
Thanks! Now it works.