Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:16 AM

Author Topic: MapGEN v0.8.7.2  (Read 55227 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: MapGEN v0.8.7.2
« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2021, 06:11 PM »
The universe makes sense again!

Thanks for the explanation, I like to have folders by author so i'll just make a Plutonic folder instead.  8)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #376 on: August 29, 2021, 11:30 AM »
Hi, is there a portable version of mapgen?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #377 on: August 29, 2021, 12:23 PM »
Not currently, though if the machine you want to run it on has the correct VC Redist installed already, there is no reason you can't just copy the files across from another machine. I stopped uploading plain zip files when I stopped statically linking the libraries as people were having issues with not having the redists installed already.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #378 on: August 29, 2021, 12:47 PM »
Not currently, though if the machine you want to run it on has the correct VC Redist installed already, there is no reason you can't just copy the files across from another machine. I stopped uploading plain zip files when I stopped statically linking the libraries as people were having issues with not having the redists installed already.
Why does Window defender stops and warn me about this software though?

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #379 on: August 29, 2021, 01:06 PM »
It shouldn't warn about MapGEN itself, but it is probably unhappy about the wkMapGEN module which uses MadCHook to hook into WA (and is included along with MapGEN). Lots of things false-positive MadCHook because it *could* be used in a dangerous manner.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #380 on: August 29, 2021, 01:19 PM »
It shouldn't warn about MapGEN itself, but it is probably unhappy about the wkMapGEN module which uses MadCHook to hook into WA (and is included along with MapGEN). Lots of things false-positive MadCHook because it *could* be used in a dangerous manner.
Thanks.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #381 on: November 15, 2023, 09:52 AM »
Is there a possibility all community made terrains get imported in MapGEN (standalone version)? We now have 60-70 custom terrains. Would be quite cool having an option to generate them with MapGEN!

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #382 on: November 15, 2023, 10:24 AM »
MapGen will pick up and use any themes found in it's Themes folder. So if people have the art assets and want to set up some folders it should be possible without updating MapGen itself.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #383 on: November 15, 2023, 06:25 PM »
Thanks for the response. I'll give it a shot!