Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:56 PM

Author Topic: tournament changement ?  (Read 354 times)

Offline Asghans

tournament changement ?
« on: November 08, 2023, 08:51 AM »
Yo all,

When I played with PavelB, he told me that I would attract more players if I changed the tournament date to November and distributed the prize money not only to the 1st place but also to the 2nd and 3rd places, something like 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, and 3rd 10%.

So, I want to ask everyone for their opinion before making this change, or at the very least, considering the creation of a second tournament.

Thank you all.

Offline Korydex

Re: tournament changement ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 09:14 AM »
I'm sorta afraid part of the people who signed up could become unavailable to play or even forget about the tourney during the long waiting period. I didn't sign up yet myself because who knows if I can play in a month.
I'd like to ask a few questions too:
1. How will you communicate with participants during the tournament? Will it be in your Discord server or WormNET and TUS as well? Will the players report their replays and where?
In most of the tournaments I played people would gather in #RopersHeaven and contact the mod there. Later reporting replays to TUS site or the mod. You're using external service for bracket so you should clarify that
2. Why is the tourney starting so early? Most of the WormNET wakes up in the second part of the day
3. Which games will be streamed on your channel?
4. Could you consider using luckless Intermediate version we are all used to here?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:22 AM by Korydex »

Offline Asghans

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 10:26 AM »
As I am a military personnel and often on long-term deployments, I won't be able to return until the end of November. That's why the tournament is scheduled so far in advance. Additionally, since no one knows me here, I wanted to give people some time to get to know me!

I understand it might seem strange for a newcomer to organize a tournament and offer €100 to the winner.

Regarding your questions:

1 I will communicate through TUS, my Twitch channel, and my Discord server, and players can report their results on TUS. To get in touch with me, they can message me directly on Discord or chat on my Twitch channel, and everything will be updated on https://challonge.com/fr.

2 The tournament starts early because it's a one-day event, and I'm aligning it with French hours to avoid the tournament ending at 4 in the morning.

3 To be honest, I don't know yet which games will be streamed because the tournament bracket hasn't been generated. I'm waiting for the registration period to end.

4 The goal of my tournament is to create something entertaining with an element of fun and randomness. I don't aim to make it extremely competitive.

I hope I have answered your questions correctly."

This provides an understandable and open approach to your tournament. If you have any further questions or need more information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 11:05 AM »
Thanks. Usually bo3 inter games between players who know what they are doing don't take longer than one hour. So I'm not sure it will take as long as you expect. For me 10 gmt is ok but tbh it's prolly the deadliest time on WN for a reason and you might get less players because of it. By reporting games to TUS I guess you mean the tourney topic, because it might be unfair to report as league game

Offline Asghans

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 11:50 AM »
Yes, I mean on the tourney topic! And as for the 10 a.m., I will see after this one for some adjustments